It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71% of Americans Agreed Chauvin was Guilty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
A hung jury? And the award for most racist quote goes to............................a reply to: burdman30ott6

j/k. Thought that ironic though.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
A hung jury? And the award for most racist quote goes to............................a reply to: burdman30ott6

Making fun of historical tragedy in the wake of modern tragedy. Classy.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Thanks!

But then again, most peeps today dont get black humor.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LABTECH767

I disagree somewhat. If Chauvin had done everything by the as he had been trained and Floyd died, the fault is the training method and technique and not necessarily Chauvin's. In that case there is still blame but it falls up the food chain on those authorizing and teaching such potentially lethal techniques.

You are CORRECT.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Making fun of historical tragedy in the wake of modern tragedy. Classy.

Oh the humanity.

(alright bad taste a lot of innocent people did die on the Hindenburg but it was just asking for it).
edit on 21-4-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

i agree with your assessment... wrong place at the wrong time on Chauvin's part.

Secondly, does this now mean that every miscreant / loser being arrested can now just claim "I can't breathe?" while being apprehended?

ask any cop that is by FAR the #1 thing they hear every single day, 99% of the time its bull#. not to mention Floyd was saying it repeatedly for the entire interaction with the officers.

how are police supposed to assess the health of a suspect you are trying to restrain

IMHO they shouldn't have to, if you are at the point where a police officer needs to physically restrain you for being combative then you forfeit your right to safety.
edit on 21-4-2021 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

80% of Americans believe in one moon God or another too.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Anyone thinking that this whole situation may cause a mass exodus from public law enforcement due to unreasonable personal risk? Can you imagine going to work thinking that by nightfall you'd be in jail just trying to do your job? Not that police-folk have a plethora of marketable skills, but they could go into private security. That situation would lead to a huge shortfall in local police capability, ushering in the *need* for a federal LE apparatus. Federal.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
so what? since when does opinion decide guilt or innocence? court isn't a democracy.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I personally think he kept his knee on the guy too long, but then again I knew people who would play possum, then get up and run from the cop, cuffs or not. A good friend of mine was drunk as hell back in the seventies and he was badmouthing the cops. I was watching him from on the side walk, he was getting into his car. He did not like the one cop much from previously getting in trouble and swung at the cop....what a mistake....they slammed his head twice on the trunk of his car then cuffed him and he tried to escaped so they dented his trunk one more time before walking him to the cop car on the street. I sure wasn't going to get involved, I knew both cops, they were fair guys, and my friend was being a drunk jerk.

They let him sleep it off in the jail and released him after he sobered up, no charges were made, they just saw him staggering and did not want him driving. I come from a small town and that kind of stuff happens. Another friend of mine went into the police station one night and lit up a joint to protest pot being illegal. They tossed him in the klink for the night for being stupid...that is what they told us when we went looking for him, we saw the cops and they stopped and talked to us to inform us we wouldn't be seeing him anymore as we went across the street to the other bar. He was out the next morning before breakfast. The cops did take his pot, they told us it smelled pretty good and they were going to a party after work at midnight.

People sometimes falsely believe cops are not just like us, the fact is they most often are, they just have a job to do. There are some overzealous cops and evil ones, but most cops are decent guys or gals, they are entrusted with getting the criminals off the street to help the vast majority of people stay safe. The problem is the nice cops don't want to get tossed in jail if something goes awry and someone resists or have to defend themselves in court....above and beyond the investigation and hearings they already have to go through if someone is hurt while trying to apprehend them. The good cops will be the first to retire or quit, and if all the cops are bad, who is going to buffer us from the overzealous cops that go overboard. I can predict with high certainty that a lot of the nicest cops will retire or resign in the next month or so. I have known lots of cops in my life, and also partied a lot when I was young, often with the cops at some parties. The vast majority of cops are good people. Maybe in the cities there are more bad ones, but not around here, there are only a handful of cops that are jerks here.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, let me fix that for you
71% of the 500, maybe 1000 people we asked, in one particular area, agreed with the outcome.

Just like every other poll you want answered a particular way.
edit on 21-4-2021 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

...the Burden of fault lies as much on the state, the police agency and it's trainers as it does on this man... 

I agree to one extent or another. But I also know that both the city of Minneapolis and the state of Minnesota tried to reign in this rogue police department, including the "Killology" warrior style training that Chauvin practiced. And the Department told the state and the city to eff off. The people wanted changes and demanded changes and elected people who made changes and were all told to eff off by the Department.

Remember how much hell Minneapolis got when they voted to defund and disband their police department? They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

But I said then and I'll say again that if peaceful revolution is made impossible, then violent revolution is inevitable. And I'll expect to get as much grief for saying it now as I got when I said it then. But it's true. It's survival.

People will not accept a target on their backs by the ones they hire to protect and serve the people. And rightfully so.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

court isn't a democracy.

It is when a jury issue a " Majority Verdict "
edit on 21-4-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Avardan
Anyone thinking that this whole situation may cause a mass exodus from public law enforcement due to unreasonable personal risk?

It's already been suggested... Many times.

I'm more inclined to think maybe we should ban ALL municipal-operated police departments and rely on Constitutional elected Sheriffs who are directly accountable to the people, who have the power to vote them out.

But if we're really putting these men and women in such horrible dangerous positions that they have to kill the people to protect themselves, we need to re-think it from the ground up.

Likewise, if we have to accept their many many other abuses of power and force to be "protected" -- and I use that term loosely because police have no duty to "protect" us at all -- then maybe we should all be taking responsibility for our own protection.

That situation would lead to a huge shortfall in local police capability, ushering in the *need* for a federal LE apparatus. Federal.

Duly elected County Sheriffs can do the job just fine.

Another and/or additional option is state police directly answerable to the governor, who is also accountable to the people, and can be voted out.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Polls, polls. polls...

No way to really prove those numbers.

I think Chauvin and Floyd were both headed for jail personally.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Somebody had to fall on the sword, and it happens to be chauvin. I have no dog in this fight, but I do believe the cop used excessive force regardless of the situation. If floyd did indeed have drugs in his system then its definitely possible that the officers involved were under high stress and possibly overreacted to the situation.

This verdict will not stop all of these issues going on currently... if anything it will now fuel the marxist left to push even harder for "social justice" on all fronts, while destroying everything in their wake.

Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Right or wrong, justice was done.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Avardan
Anyone thinking that this whole situation may cause a mass exodus from public law enforcement due to unreasonable personal risk? Can you imagine going to work thinking that by nightfall you'd be in jail just trying to do your job? Not that police-folk have a plethora of marketable skills, but they could go into private security. That situation would lead to a huge shortfall in local police capability, ushering in the *need* for a federal LE apparatus. Federal.

There has been a huge decline in applications to become police officers and many are retiring and leaving at record rates. I think Chicago typically gets like 40,000 applicants but supposedly are now down to 2,000! People don't want the job, it simply isn't worth it anymore... at least not in urban areas where you have deal with society's dregs. Small town cops probably aren't nearly as stressed.

I suspect most cops aren't walking off the job over fear of losing pensions.

Being a cop is a stressful and thankless job. I'm sure there are some benefits and feeling of satisfaction, but at the same time the sh*t you deal with is probably 9 to 1 with the good stuff.

My dad was a cop for nearly 30 years. He didn't want me to go into law enforcement. He absolutely loathed the bureaucracy and politicians.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I'd bet 99.999% of the American population did not take part in that survey.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I have watched the vidios several times. There was no need in putting his knee on Floyd’s neck. That was over the top. Was it murder? Probably not, Floyd may have died anyway. But it was absolutely abuse of power.

Anyone know what happened to the original stuff about the cop and Floyd knowing one another from being bouncers at a night club? When he had him sitting by the wall it looked like they knew one another.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join