It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Mob Justice’: Owens Claims Chauvin Trial Was About Media’s ‘Power To Create A Narrative’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You'll learn to love having nothing~

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

laissez-faire, destroy that and then what?

If you are a laissez-faire capitalist, then corporations are considered "creatures of the state" and are not trustworthy because they have a tendency to dominate free market unfairly.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
ATS used to abhor police violence. Christ, there were $300 million in lawsuits against excessive force last year.

Ban "internal investigations", set up a standardized, national review of any officer involved in a shooting, and create a standard that can be taught in cop skool.

And the media has been like this in America since the 1700's. They turned outlaws into heroes...gangters into gods.... Aint nuthin new. here.

Most peeps know its BS though. Well except this younger crowd....Jesus.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Ohanka
America will be a free country once again when the megacorporations are dismantled.

Wake me up when someone actually runs on that platform.

I personally don't want to see Capitalism or the stock mkt. destroyed ....

Government controlled social media and msm, walmart...I'll always vote for free enterprise.

Why punish the mega successful?

Gotta have competition to have capitalism. Otherwise it is corporate oligarchy.

The megacorporations dictate the laws and policies. They collaborate to destroy would be competitors. They decide who can speak and who is silenced. They win all the government contracts. They make sure to hire retired politicans, government officials and military officers for their board of directors. They are the government in all but name.

“Success” with such measures is not success, it is corruption.

I see your point of course. What will replace the current paradigm? Where will the competition come from?
Who will build the infrastructure?

You don't think corruption will be the leading influence when the megacorps are destroyed? The government will take over commerce...is that what you want?

laissez-faire, destroy that and then what? When you consider these problems.....

Try not to let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

I think the economy should be based around cooperatives where the enterprise is owned by the the workers’ union, who elect a leadership committee. New enterprises would be established via crowdfunding as opposed to venture capitalism. Market systems would remain.

I think the word for such a system would be market syndicalism.

America’s infrastructure is a disgrace and nobody builds roads as it is. In this system a roadworkers cooperative would.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

And that would be less corrupt how exactly? You are still putting a group in charge of/control of the agency of the individual who must perforce go along.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's a scary day in the USA when jurors enact mob justice rather than determine the verdict by laws and evidence. You may not be guilty but we voted guilty because other people are getting away with it.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

You'll learn to love having nothing~

Not to worry, as long as idiots stare at the idiot box, I'll be just fine, I'm at work now; livin the dream!! But thanks for your concern!!

www.marketwatch.com...

Union Strong, Union proud.

If you're not buying Netflix stock or any media provider.... you're a fool. Like it or not, this is your NEW NORMAL...You'll learn to love it.

edit on 21-4-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And that would be less corrupt how exactly? You are still putting a group in charge of/control of the agency of the individual who must perforce go along.

I figure we would just send those who complained to the salt mines. No union in the salt mines that's for sure!

Being serious I figure it makes all enterprises more accountable to all those with stake in it. More accountable to customers, more accountable to the workers. No one jackass at the top to corruptly manipulate the enterprise his own end with no way to remove him, no massive shareholders to be beholden to. Just the customers and the workers.

My other idea is the current crappy system but with more trust-busting, but everyone seems to hate trust busting these days. I hear it drastically shortens your life expectancy for some strange reason.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good thing you weren't around here in the 1800's.

a reply to: jjkenobi

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Good thing you weren't around here in the 1800's.

a reply to: jjkenobi

Were you? You must be pretty old! What’s your secret?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Beer.

Peeps be acting like this is a sudden issue. Mob justice just happened today for the very first time in America. Peruse the Past Pal. Peeps been swingin by the hangin tree in the US for quite awhile now.

Thats the diff between being rich n poor in America.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It’s been like that for a while.

The last election was just a taste of things to come.
Trump hit them hard and Trump hurt them bad,
saying exactly what most of us knew for decades.

They let him off.
They gave him a soft assassination.

What are we gonna do about it?

# 1385

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
ATS used to abhor police violence.

They still do don't they? 😃

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24