It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Chocolate should be illegal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don’t buy this whole regional food superiority bs tbh.

I’m sure there’s plenty of crap quality chocolate in western Europe, just as there would be plenty of high quality chocolate in the states.

It’s kinda like how you always here about how the best pizza comes from New York... it’s like what, are they lacing it with coc aine or something?

What infallible rule gives New York the title of having the best pizzas in the world... surely a damn good pizza can just as easily be cooked anywhere else in the world.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
It’s kinda like how you always here about how the best pizza comes from New York... it’s like what, are they lacing it with coc aine or something?

They do.

What infallible rule gives New York the title of having the best pizzas in the world... surely a damn good pizza can just as easily be cooked anywhere else in the world.

Probably the amount of Italians here who know how to prepare it. Not to say non-Italians can't make a good pizza but if I'm going for sashimi I want the chef to be a classically trained person from Japan and not, say, some Irish dude.

edit on 20-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

You were the one that introduced the Crown-Candy shop to this thread : of course you can get a crown !!!

( Just, you know, not a triple-crown... )

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I agree with this. Anyone who has had a Cadbury bar from the UK knows it's total crap (and the best selling chocolate bars in the UK) just like Hershey's and Nestle are the best selling crap in the US.

That said, there is a regional superiority for some foods, but it's very much a "to each their own" thing. An example, to me the best Mexican food that exists is in New Mexico (specifically parts south of Albucracky) and west Texas. *Maybe* 60 miles west into Arizona and I know a couple of passable places in southern Colorado... But I grew up down there. I'd not say other regional Mexican food is automatically crap, but it isn't what I think of when I crave Mexican food.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I agree with this. Anyone who has had a Cadbury bar from the UK knows it's total crap (and the best selling chocolate bars in the UK) just like Hershey's and Nestle are the best selling crap in the US.

That said, there is a regional superiority for some foods, but it's very much a "to each their own" thing. An example, to me the best Mexican food that exists is in New Mexico (specifically parts south of Albucracky) and west Texas. *Maybe* 60 miles west into Arizona and I know a couple of passable places in southern Colorado... But I grew up down there. I'd not say other regional Mexican food is automatically crap, but it isn't what I think of when I crave Mexican food.

Trust me, don’t eat a Wisconsin taco. It was unflavored pot roast in a bland shell.
I didn’t realize that something could be so devoid of flavor.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well you havnt tried Asian chocolate, that US stuff is pretty good compared

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yes I have, I'm Asian. I like some Asian candies as they are not as sweet but I agree with you on the chocolate.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I love dark chocolate. Anything with Milk Chocolate doesn't taste 'real' to me.

It isn't an America thing it is a Milk Chocolate Vs. Dark Chocolate thing and also, you get what you pay for and when you buy chocolate that is sold to the lowest common denominator.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Some lady gave my woman some sort of white tootsie roll looking asian candy with a rabbit on it.

I'm still pissed off about having to try one.

I cant believe I use to eat those cadbury eggs as a kid.

/pukesinpastel

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yes I have, I'm Asian. I like some Asian candies as they are not as sweet but I agree with you on the chocolate.

It’s very different, can’t make it properly up there because of the heat, very waxy and tasteless, just sugary. The stuff I tasted

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:16 AM
link   

The worst chocolate that I ever tasted, was a Frankford brand that was in the stores for Easter & Christmas. Even our kids didn’t like it! It shouldn’t even be allowed to be called chocolate!

When our niece came to visit from Australia, she brought some good chocolate. They have a lot of different candies & snacks that are really good. Made me wonder what else we are missing out on?!

When I was a kid we always looked forward to Grandpa giving us Hershey kisses. But now their chocolate literally makes me sick to my stomach. I don’t know what they changed, but the taste is different too.

Just another sad sign of the times!

WOQ

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

And the best part is that you don't get fat or diabetic eating their chocolate. Maybe the quality or something about the European winter.

Yeah, those Sicilians, Maltese, Cypriots and Andalusians have to wrap up real warm.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

"British" chocolate tends to have a lot of vegetable oil in it for texture. I put British in inverted commas because, like so much of Britain's business and industry, most of Britain's confectionery sector is foreign owned.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese
Here is a British chocolate company that has it's own cocoa plantation.
They never use vegetable fat.

I used to get a tasting box once month.......years ago.

Hotel Chocolat - Luxury Chocolates and Chocolate Gifts
www.hotelchocolat.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They do.

I think they probably do too. I had a simple ham sandwich from some bodega in Manhattan. Never had anything like it since. I think I went back 2 or 3 nights in a row.

edit on 21-4-2021 by FauxMulder because: Reptilians hacked my keyboard

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
I think they probably do too. I had a simple ham sandwich from some bodega in Manhattan. Never had anything like it since. I think I went back 2 or 3 nights in a row.

You're lucky you got out when you did, otherwise they would have pimped you out for your next sandwich fix.

edit on 21-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Pffft, I offered to do that. It was that good.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   
America does have some cheap chocolate brands but don't blasphemy the reeses!!! Favorite candy always. Twix is a close second.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They do.

Probably the amount of Italians here who know how to prepare it. Not to say non-Italians can't make a good pizza but if I'm going for sashimi I want the chef to be a classically trained person from Japan and not, say, some Irish dude.

What a conservative viewpoint! Seems old and and to be aging poorly.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join