It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting an id.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have been on the side of voter id from the start.
The idea just made since. And besides getting a voter id is just as easy as getting a driver license or a state id right?

Until today I had no idea how hard it could be to get a driver license or a state id.

I recently moved to south carolina from florida. During that move I lost a very important box...somehow.
This box had my id , my driver license, and my birth certificate inside.

I called the dmv to see what I needed to get my id and/or license. I need a physical copy not a photo copy of my birth certificate and two proofs of my add. So I call the health department in florida to see how to get a physical copy of my birth certificate. They tell me that i have to show an id before I can get it.......

i don't know what to do next. Here I am in a new state no id no driver license no birth certificate. I don't know if sc requires an id to vote but florida did.
I can't drive. Don't know anyone here.

has anyone ever had this problem? What did you do to fix it?
Why is it this hard to get a simple state id??

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If it was easy anyone from anywhere could get one.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

You lost an ID but didn't know you needed such information to get an ID?

Good news for you is that you have a couple years to gather this information before having to vote again. Had you lost it and not had an ID to vote then you'd have been what we call "Sh#t out of luck". I had to work on election day in 2008 and didn't get to vote. You get over it quickly.
edit on 13-4-2021 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
I have been on the side of voter id from the start.
The idea just made since. And besides getting a voter id is just as easy as getting a driver license or a state id right?

Until today I had no idea how hard it could be to get a driver license or a state id.

I recently moved to south carolina from florida. During that move I lost a very important box...somehow.
This box had my id , my driver license, and my birth certificate inside.

I called the dmv to see what I needed to get my id and/or license. I need a physical copy not a photo copy of my birth certificate and two proofs of my add. So I call the health department in florida to see how to get a physical copy of my birth certificate. They tell me that i have to show an id before I can get it.......

i don't know what to do next. Here I am in a new state no id no driver license no birth certificate. I don't know if sc requires an id to vote but florida did.
I can't drive. Don't know anyone here.

has anyone ever had this problem? What did you do to fix it?
Why is it this hard to get a simple state id??

it's pretty straight forward. You can get an ID easily, but you have to prove who you are. It seems you lost all the important documentation needed for this. Most folks don't loose everything all at once, and can get ID easily.

make backup copies of your important things and store it in a secondary location. I keep old copies of drivers license just in case.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

If your parents are alive, maybe they have a copy of your birth certificate?
Once you get it resolved, get a passport. They're good for 10 years and perfect for situations like this.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think it's pretty racist to assume minority persons aren't smart enough to get an ID, or use the Internet.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You could have used your passport as a form of ID, your Florida issue carry permit should also count, or any hunting permits with a picture, pretty much any state approved proof of age card.

I don't really understand how people get through life without having a wallet full of ID cards.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Go to any DMV, call yourself "Pedro El Guapo and you'll get a new drivers license, voter ID and a few dozen pre-filled voting ballots for 2022 along with 4,000 in stimulus money.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Go to any DMV, call yourself "Pedro El Guapo and you'll get a new drivers license, voter ID and a few dozen pre-filled voting ballots for 2022 along with 4,000 in stimulus money.

Don’t forget food stamps for life.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I have copies of everything. driver license, ss card, birth certificate.
They wont except copies.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Parents don't have a copy. Wouldn't matter anyway. They wont except a copy. has to be original birth certificate. the women on the phone was very explicit about that.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I've never had any of those.
Only ever had my ss card and driver license.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I needed several forms of ID for me to get my new drivers license.

If you’re not smart enough to get proper identification by the next election you are to dumb to vote anyways.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Now that I have learned how hard it really is to get these things if you start with nothing, I am done believing that propaganda bs.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Have SC send you a replacement license. Then use that....if the move was recent enough you should be able to.

And it is only hard if you lose everything, even then you have years to do it so....
edit on 4/13/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That reminds me. I need to get my passport updated for backup ID.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Lot of empathy to your plight on here. Good old ATS.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Just tried to set up for a replacement license from florida. They can't find any of my florida addresses in their data banks......

But I was told that my parents can get a physical copy of my birth certificate. If that's true I'm all set.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: peter_kandra

Parents don't have a copy. Wouldn't matter anyway. They wont except a copy. has to be original birth certificate. the women on the phone was very explicit about that.

Yeah...sorry I should have been more specific. I meant an original copy with the raised seal.
Did the woman give you any clue about the types of ID they'd accept? Another poster mentioned a carry permit. Maybe that will do.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know right. Some are trying to help though.

Others are just bitter because I, just for a min, started to empathize with people they don't like.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join