It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel introduces "Bleep AI" to censor "offensive" speech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Forbes reports that tech firm Intel has announced that it has plans to release a new AI program that will censor various types of offensive and racist speech from gaming audio. The program, called Bleep, will provide users with a sliding scale of hate speech options, but now social media users are calling the program “hilarious/horrifying.”

An image of the software was revealed during Intel’s showcase.

Link

The software includes a sliding scale to determine where a user wants to hear “none,” “some,” “most” or “all” speech that falls under a category of offensive language, including ableism, body shaming, aggression, LGBTQ+ hate, misogyny, name-calling, racism, xenophobia, sexually explicit language, swearing, white nationalism, and a slider determining how often the user wants to hear the “N-word.”

Link

It's one thing to watch your mouth around your kids when they're growing up so they don't sound like a sailor after a fifth of whiskey when they're away from the house. It's another thing to censor the whole world because of your delicate constitution, which is where this is leading to. Already my phone goes back to censoring my texts and emails after any major update. Nevertheless, I can see this being a useful tool in and of itself, even if it is lopsided and woke.

Anyone see a switch for derogatory names of races other than black folks? No, of course you don't, because they are lumped together under a slider for "other". Only one ethnic group gets their own switch.

How about a switch or slider for Misandry or CIS-gender? Sorry, you don't count in our woke joke "clown world".

There's one for name calling though. How exactly does that one work? Does it understand sarcasm? Does it understand a back-handed insult? With this thing on and everything turned up full blast you should hear at least every tenth word. That should make it easy to carry on a conversation, right? Especially when you're telling your partner to fire on a character. Oops, that word is censored.

Bleep really could be a useful tool, but this will not stop here folks. I mentioned my phone above, but already every search engine is set to "moderate" or "safe" in somebody's opinion of what moderate or safe is. If a certain group of people have their way, this will grow to full on censorship of free speech and holding a conversation with someone about a sensitive (or not so sensitive) topic will be near impossible.

Don't be a snowflake. Human verbiage is never going to fit neatly into my box or yours, and it isn't our place to make it fit.
edit on 4/12/2021 by Klassified because: add link and edit

edit on 4/12/2021 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

The sliding bars! Lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I was really hoping this was going to be one of those april first prank things that just showed up late on ATS.

But it's too ridiculous to be fake.
Even if it were fake, they'd just make a real one after millions of insane people begged for less free speech.

And soon it will be mandatory on services like discord.
In a few more years they'll start installing it in cell phones.

Edit:
Anyone else notice they have a slider bar for Misogyny but not one for Misandry?
edit on 12-4-2021 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
F*)$k THIS SH!T

I’ll game however I choose. AND use all the colorful language to describe the thrill of victory and BS agony of grim defeat to sweaty nerds around the world while doing so. TYVM!

Get rekt NewSpeak Contact Speech Auditorz.

That is all.

edit on 12-4-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Can I use it to mute Karens and social hacktivists in real life instead?

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

And soon it will be mandatory on services like discord.

In a few more years they'll start installing it in cell phones.

I can certainly see this happening. So many already want to stick their fingers in their ears and sing la la la. Without uncensored public discourse, in person AND online, we're doomed to follow the path we're on to our detriment as a civilization.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We are coming to a crossroads where technology is no longer helpful and is some full on backdoor assault of citizens created by govs, larping as corporations.
Time to unplug is now.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Can I use it to mute Karens and social hacktivists in real life instead?

That's coming in the next version which will have ear buds that will censor speech you don't want to hear and they don't want you to hear.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Censorship sissies are bulls##t asshole sensitive authoritarian weasel-dicks.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That's not complete.

They didn't show the sliders marked: Trump, Conservative, Right, Objective Truth, Facts, Reality ... or Covid-19 is a fake scam.

edit on 2021 4 12 by incoserv because: what's it to ya?

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

### ### are ### ### sensitive ### weasel-###.

There, I fixed it for ya!

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

......... and you can't tell me otherwise!

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I see this working as good as that internet site filter that blacked breast cancer research for high school reports. Just off enough to be totally useless.

Well, there goes 99% of rap songs.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

That was the number one rap song of this week.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Didn't "W.A.P." win a Grammy for "Best Association to Women's Sanitary Products"?

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

No, you may not.

They will be allowed to educate you on proper politically correct language use.

It's for your own good, after all.

(((sigh)))

The world just gets darker and darker.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
No. That is rap music. The stuff that a couple of people bug the DJ to play then leave before it is played. Then everyone else leaves because the DJ played it.

I have seen this happen at several conventions.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Nyiah

No, you may not.

They will be allowed to educate you on proper politically correct language use.

It's for your own good, after all.

(((sigh)))

The world just gets darker and darker.

I was kinda hoping Klass had some inside tip on some newfangled ball gag, but I guess my default "just ignore it" internal setting will have to suffice like I'm a grown-up or something

You're right, though. This # is getting dark as of late, and is starting to feel like a tech Trojan horse.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I forgot all about smeg and zark. That will frack up the AI.

Edit: And I totally forgot Belgium. Now there is a swear word.

edit on 4 12 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

This also means they can track who is using offensive language now

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
How are they gonna handle this?

Hosticklepfeifa!!!!!!

:
edit on 2021 4 12 by incoserv because: Hosticklepfeifa!

<<   2 >>

join