It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland, OR police quitting in high numbers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
Low police numbers are a good thing. They should focus on a real crime instead of running around with tickets, policing you with leftist policies. As long as you have your guns it's not a major problem. No problem except for #holes
W0t?

You can’t just poke us with a sharp stick and run off! Why is low police numbers good and how are giving tickets a leftist policy???

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Low police numbers are a good thing. They should focus on a real crime instead of running around with tickets, policing you with leftist policies. As long as you have your guns it's not a major problem.

crime is also soaring where I live thanks to those liberal polices plus we can't have guns.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718
a reply to: Arnie123

Lol. Sorry I know it's not funny. Try to leave I guess. Or carry illegal but constitutional tools.
What I was trying to say was Be your own policeman policing yourself with your own morals, defending yourself. There will always be someone on the line for women and grandmas in trouble. A private militia maybe? Is it a good thing? What will those cops do? Some security job. They cant do much better with their hands. Something will pop up. An Uber-like police. Warlords. Cartels like in Mexico. Close the roads and let it burn
edit on 5/4/2021 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

Btw If there's no police, who will take your guns from you?

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

Btw If there's no police, who will take your guns from you?

yeah no thanks. what you're suggesting carries a felony charge and some jail time here.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
Oh no, now I'm the black sheep, you handed me the Black Peter card.

We say "you can work until you get black".
and many more.

None of these are racist, the black sheep is a derivation, the Black Peter is at least in the versions I know a chimney cleaner, the work until black is coming from coal mining.

You're sparing me a lot of writing because theres not a lot to add to your posts today, IMHO.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
All part of the setup for the coming National Mobil Military Police Force with full authority over all local jurisdictions 😎

NAh..i think we need E-SWAT. Or Corporate police like from robo-cop.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Yea, just about anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together saw this coming.

Don't worry. Social workers will soon be out to respond to 911 calls.

Exactly, they've had a year to hire this diverse force of do-gooders

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't blame the cops for quitting, if I was a cop I would not put up with the bull crap that is happening now, I would quit and get a different kind of job somewhere else. They are passing rules that cops can be sued personally if a criminal decided he/she/it wants to sue. Even if the cop did nothing wrong, he still must lawyer up at his/her/its own expense. All they have to do is say something that can be twisted to sound racist or sexist and they wind up in court. I think that the cities and states will have to supply the officers with extra money to pay for insurance, which again will raise taxes to pay the criminals who file fraudulant lawsuits on cops. Most times evidence can be twisted to show it is something different than it really is, this happens in science all the time so it will happen in this case too.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Maybe cities can have a fund for lawsuits brought against officers, same as Congress has one for their defense of their abuse of interns.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It's not completely fair but right now they should have a fund for citizens to sue cops. Then there will be some balance against the government.
Had you ever watched "ThinkLikeACop" channel you'd know. A former cop analyzing stuff, calling them bald idiots and stuff. Professional. Not critical at all times but fair

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Maybe cities can have a fund for lawsuits brought against officers, same as Congress has one for their defense of their abuse of interns.

If a person has a genuine case against a police officer, lawyers would fall all over themselves to take the case on a contingency. They would only turn down cases where there was no case to being with. Using taxpayer money for that would just be a huge scam.

Sadly, criminals being criminals, lie about things. It's who they are. Liars and thugs.

There are about 700,000 law enforcement officers in the US and surely you have noticed how rare cases are against them? Most complaints are guilty people's attempts at covering up what they are and what they have done. Of course, other criminals and bad actors like to paint it otherwise. They like to think it will help them not get caught and give them cover.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Build a wall , make sure they can't get across the river

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

move while you still can

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't blame the cops for quitting, if I was a cop I would not put up with the bull crap that is happening now, I would quit and get a different kind of job somewhere else.

And they only make about 80k a year, not a lot for a high risk job in the NW...The lowest paid person on my team is about 87k and if they went to a high risk area it would be 120k or more.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

before the end of this year, most likely.

cuomo and his woke zombies can keep this place

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

I'd be quitting, too. It's really gonna hit the fan once the Chauvin trial ends. I wouldn't wanna be anywhere near those blue cities.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

why not just blacklist them?

Ummm hey guys uhh yea could we maybe watch the triggering language here?

Don't you know that's a white supremacist term these days?

jmla.pitt.edu...

www.adexchanger.com...

He explained that it didn’t matter that the etymology of the terms had nothing to do with racism. The term blacklist was first used in the early 1600s to describe a list of those who were under suspicion and thus not to be trusted, he explained. But regardless of the words’ origins, my colleague went on to impress upon me the discomfort he felt everyday living in a world where black was equated with bad and white with good.

See, even though it wasn't originally racist, it's now racist because it hurts people's feelings...

I wonder how they feel about the black plague. Or is that now supposed to be referred to as the African-American Plague? I get confused on their offensive terms.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Still cant believe anyone ever thought defunding the police was a good idea...

Body cameras, better officers, but defund?

We let politicians blame the people taking bullets for us , but shouldnt they be doing something to curb violent crime?
Better high schools that lead someone into a job opportunity. A welfare system that doesnt encourage 4 or 5 kids.

Mistakes will be made, every war there is friendly fire that kills peope, and not b/c of racism...

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
They can get Antifa to enforce the community.

haha they kill more unarmed black people than police though

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Its a damned shame that this is political. There is a chance to right the ship, and it won't be acted upon due to politics.

The reality: police forces have faced quite a bit of pressure. First, many they would have recruited joined the military. I guess actually first is the adjusting of criteria to allow for lesser candidates. Then their recruiting pool joined the military back in 2001. As they came back from active duty, many found a home in the police. The same pool of candidates that accounts for over half of our annual gun deaths due to suicide are the pool that we see as the best police options.

There are good cops. Lots of them. We have a couple here on ATS. My community is full of them. Our community is staffed mostly from part timers and locals who also work as EMT's. Its a multi hat type of position. You may only see an officer 2 or 3 times a month in a cruiser, but see him all the rest of the time as a fireman. None are volunteers. All are paid. Most do the same in other small communities in the area. All feel like they are policing their own, and act accordingly. I've been pulled over 3 times in 3 years here. 2 were complete BS, but nonetheless all 3 ended with me and the officer both chuckling/laughing and wishing each other a good evening.

But i've run into bad cops before. And know they are there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join