It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being forced to wear a COVID mask is dehumanizing us.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Dehumanised? No, don't think so...

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Personally I'm comfortable enough with myself that wearing a thin piece of material over my face won't cause me any psychological trauma. What kind of snowflake gets that worked up over a mask?

People like me who have bad asthma and were on death's door twice. Who getvery anxious about the loss of freebreathing. Who have to run out of shops because they start wheezing. Those kind of people.

No, those people aren't snowflakes. Sorry to hear of your condition, wearing a mask isnt for you, so you are free from being a snowflake.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
Seeing someone driving, alone, wearing a mask certainly makes me question their species. I remind myself how far they've really come in cloning sheep

While I agree with you that it seems daft, it could be a carer or someone who has to cover up but only has 1 mask left (the advice is a mask becomes compromised once you touch it with your hands, so you shouldn't fiddle with it or adjust it).

Don't assume someone is nuts just for wearing a mask and I won't assume everyone not wearing one is ignorant.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I don't think they are dehumanizing but they are causing harm, due to the fact that people who constantly wear masks are more likely to get sick than a non mask wearer. I personally think it's unnecessary, I do not wear masks in public at all and I am allowed in stores and what not. If someone wants to wear the mask I don't care wear it all you want. It doesn't affect me at all. To be honest i haven't gotten sick in a lmost a year.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Mr Fantastic levels of reaching.

Lol ... "people don't smile at you no more, makes them look ominous" one poster says...

no, in fact, not seeing their lower face makes them appear more friendly to me actually, because when you remove the mask, you see that dead stoic look, or that tensed frown that people usual have as they go about their depressed days. now i dont have to see that.

I think the starvation of communication has made people appreciate it a little bit more. People seem more friendly... as if they knew they took the ease of communication for granted. I'd say its a bit of lesson, more than it is dehumanizing. It's also a test to see who are the truly selfish.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

due to the fact that people who constantly wear masks are more likely to get sick than a non mask wearer.

Who wears a mask "constantly?"
Do you have some data to support this fact?
edit on 4/1/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Obviously Your Mileage Will Vary

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have noticed that no so pretty women can have very pretty eyes that without the mask one would never see... I have started to see why in the ME many women wear the burka as with the lack of facial features you typically focus on the eyes.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
In my area many stores have their own police aka minimum wage store security enforcing the mask mandate originally mandated by Whitmer, then by the Health Department after the Supreme Court disagreed with Whitmer. Of course Whitmer ignored the supreme courts order, and found a loophole. Is anything going to be done about her forcing covid patients into nursing homes?

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

So, no data to support that "fact?"

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
BOMBSHELL: Disposable Blue Face Masks Contain Toxic, Asbestos-like Substance that destroys Lungs

The SNN200642 masks, which are made in China and sold and distributed by a Quebec-based company called Métallifer, had been part of Canada’s public school reopening plan. Students were told that they needed to wear them in the classroom to prevent the spread of the Wuhan coronavirus (Covid-19).

Health Canada, however, discovered during a preliminary risk assessment that the masks contain microscopic graphene particles that, when inhaled, could cause severe lung damage.....

“To force a child to wear a toxic face mask is child abuse,” one wrote. “I hope lawsuits will follow.”

edit on 412021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Personally I'm comfortable enough with myself that wearing a thin piece of material over my face won't cause me any psychological trauma. What kind of snowflake gets that worked up over a mask?

People like me who have bad asthma and were on death's door twice. Who getvery anxious about the loss of freebreathing. Who have to run out of shops because they start wheezing. Those kind of people.

No, those people aren't snowflakes. Sorry to hear of your condition, wearing a mask isnt for you, so you are free from being a snowflake.

But how would you know which one is a freedom fighter and which one is a freedom fighter asthmatic? Wouldn't it be better to just let people do whatever they feel most comfortable with? Having one of your vital functions restricted is not anything I would ever ask others to do for me.
No sunlight, no air...not right.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

But how would you know which one is a freedom fighter and which one is a freedom fighter asthmatic? Wouldn't it be better to just let people do whatever they feel most comfortable with? Having one of your vital functions restricted is not anything I would ever ask others to do for me.
No sunlight, no air...not right.

My friend Keith says that many asthmatics are just lazy and pretend they can’t wear masks when in fact they just can’t be bothered to attach them to their heads. I mostly disagree with Keith and have met at least three asthmatics in my life who I would consider to be honest enough. I think air bubbles should be deployed to asthmatics (Think boy in the bubble!) opposed to masks. It makes good sense. Would you be open to this Hecate? The bubble would also ensure correct social distancing is taking place at all times. It’s win, win.

edit on 1-4-2021 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax
That isn't dehumanization, it was robbers hiding their identity. That is a real stretch.

And still nobody is saying everyone should be wearing them 24/7...

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Then own your mask.

Buy a Confederate flag mask, or a mask with an Ar15 on it, or a mask with your views on sex or gender on it.

Use it to make the statement that you want.

You could even wear a mask calling for an end to masks.

Just don't come within 10 feet of me without one, because I'm boycotting you if you try.

The Karen is strong with this one.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LastWatcher

Mr Fantastic levels of reaching.

Lol ... "people don't smile at you no more, makes them look ominous" one poster says...

no, in fact, not seeing their lower face makes them appear more friendly to me actually, because when you remove the mask, you see that dead stoic look, or that tensed frown that people usual have as they go about their depressed days. now i dont have to see that.

I think the starvation of communication has made people appreciate it a little bit more. People seem more friendly... as if they knew they took the ease of communication for granted. I'd say its a bit of lesson, more than it is dehumanizing. It's also a test to see who are the truly selfish.

Expert level retard take. Good job.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
yeah just so comfortable and confident with yourself when youre hiding your face huh? hey does the mask make you feel like a real biker thug homie? a reply to: djz3ro

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Dehumanised? No, don't think so...

Yikes.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I have noticed that no so pretty women can have very pretty eyes that without the mask one would never see... I have started to see why in the ME many women wear the burka as with the lack of facial features you typically focus on the eyes.

This is actually a difficult one to analyze. Are you genuinely being serious with what you just posted here? Or are you just a hilarious person? If it’s the former, I’d imagine your mental state is akin to the monkey banging cymbals together repeatedly.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LetTheColdCome

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Then own your mask.

Buy a Confederate flag mask, or a mask with an Ar15 on it, or a mask with your views on sex or gender on it.

Use it to make the statement that you want.

You could even wear a mask calling for an end to masks.

Just don't come within 10 feet of me without one, because I'm boycotting you if you try.

The Karen is strong with this one.

LOL. Good one!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join