It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore will no longer prosecute drug possession, prostitution, low-level crimes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'm with you on this topic 100%

That hurt to say..lol

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Mandroid7

A good smack in the face with reality is all I'm saying.

It doesn't work is what I'm saying. Reefer Madness didn't stop no one, no how. Pictures of venereal warts didn't stop no one from screwing.

You can't make a gay straight and you can't stop an addict from becoming an addict.

Just say no don't do nothin'.

I disagree. Every addict ever made the decision to take the first hit, drink, etc...
Gay people are not the same.
I've turned meth addicts off their path before and watched them prosper.
Trying to save my trainwreck little bro from alcohol issues right now from 4 states away.
It's a nightmare.
A little dose of reality BEFORE they walk that path may make a difference.
We gotta try something anyway, just brainstorming.
Drugs and alcohol aren't leaving society any time soon unfortunately

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Every addict ever made the decision to take the first hit, drink, etc...

Do you think that anything would stop that from happening? I don't.

I have two nephews (actually more, but these are brothers). Their father is a real bad drug and alcohol abuser (and well out of their lives now). No movies necessary, they grew up with it. One of them was a drunk for a while before he stopped. The other is...struggling.

No movie, no "scared straight" scenario, could have shown them more graphically than their father did how bad it can be. One figured it out for himself, one is working on it (sort of).

edit on 3/28/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   
From what I have heard and read over the past few years , they stopped prosecuting crime some time ago .

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I've been saying take the brakes off and let anyone use anything they want however they want, but no free rehab or any of that nonsense. You get addicted and ruin your life or OD and die sorry thats on you.

Bet you in 10 years the drug problem sorts itself naturally. Those who can't handle themselves will die out and newer generations will learn watching them die out pitifully.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

You get addicted and ruin your life or OD and die sorry thats on you.

Yeah.
But not all addicts OD and their lives are not the only ones affected.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   
That’s one way to keep the crime rate “down” i suppose...

Probably for the best all things considered.
edit on 2832021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The problem is this gives pimps and drug dealers a stronger selling point. Hey try this you won't go to jail, it feels good, or you can make a lot of money in high school just performing a little service. You can visualize twenty-five percent plus of the high school senior class taking prostitution way over regular jobs. Pimps will use the drugs to keep their staff hooked and coming back to work more and more to feed the habit. In addition, sex will become even more rampant with far more partners, and diseases will thrive in the industry.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shaiker

Hey try this you won't go to jail,

Do you really think the threat of jail ever stopped anyone from hooking, or snorting?

Seriously?

In addition, sex will become even more rampant with far more partners, and diseases will thrive in the industry.
Rampant sex! Oh Noes!

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:20 AM
link   

It still may help some in the experimental stage.
Generational substance abuse is much worse.
That's their role models and some claim alcoholism is hereditary.
I'm just addressing the average kid type situation.
A proactive look into the consequences, if you will.
I definitely don't have the answers, in my situation I try and lead by example, be supportive and be aggressive when needed.
It is exhausting and relentless though.
They have to hit bottom and survive it in most cases.
Hopefully not dying or going to prison.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: lostbook

Baltimore sounds like a real utopia. It will be full of drug addicts and crack whores which of course they will blame on systemic racism. What a bunch a geniuses.

Crooked Congressman Elijah Cummings and his crooked Wife took millions of Federal dollars for their personal use and their friends, instead of fixing the city up. Remember how Baltimore was famous for RATS in the streets and a RAT in the mayor's office in 2019? I think she fled to Canada to escape prosecution.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I'm just addressing the average kid type situation.

I'm just speaking from experience.

I was exposed to all kinds of "don't do it" stuff. It didn't take. I did stuff.
Turns out I'm not an addict though. Luck of the draw, or something. But the attempts at causing me to avoid that first hit didn't work. It don't work. It's what happens after that, when someone actually needs help, that matters. And the threat of prison doesn't.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:46 AM
link   

For some, the threat of jail time and obeying rules kept them on the straight path. Some nut cases decide to shoot up the school because they choose to ignore the consequence. The same goes for those that choose to ignore laws.

The second rampant sex comment shows you are just out to toe the line for any leftist agenda by your deliberate ignoring the disease factors that arise for the sex and drug trades.

When it comes to shootings guns are the problem?

When it comes to drug death drugs are not the problem?

Your a bit lost there Phage

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   

For some, the threat of jail time and obeying rules kept them on the straight path.
Not many, obviously. There are very many addicts. Many in prison and many out.

When it comes to drug death drugs are not the problem?
Who said that? Did I say that? Where and when?

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:57 AM
link   

You implied it with your touting "Drugs and sex for all !!" there are no consequences. You also implied no one obeys laws because you yourself were immoral and broke laws everyone else must have as well.

Opioids are legal by prescription and look what it has done so yeah letting drug addicts and drug pushers (like you) work without consequence should work out well.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I've definitely been around. But nothing stuck, thank god.
I'm not sure the psychological reasons for some to say "next"
I agree with the threat of prison stuff.
It is completely ignored at that point, it's a complete re-wiring of the brain to just chase dopamine at that point.
Often to a baseline animalistic state of violence.
Crazy stuff.
Don't know the answer.
Good luck over there.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: Edited

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:58 AM
link   

No not all do and some even hold down normal lives...insane as that is. As the argument used that regardless of it's legality people will use...regardless it will effect others. Lots of things in life do and we don't hand out free training wheels for everything either so why should tax payers foot the bill for someones bad life choices?

It shouldn't be illegal just like I shouldn't have to support someone elses poor choices with my taxes. Past that nature will sort it out...

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   

You implied it with your touting "Drugs and sex for all !!" there are no consequences. You also implied no one obeys laws because you yourself were immoral and broke laws everyone else must have as well.

You are mistaken. On all counts. I implied none of that.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Should your taxes help me when I lose at the craps table next time? Cause you're basically saying that doing drugs is a gamble, one that you made out ok on, but that helping the losers on that wager is what matters.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Should your taxes help me when I lose at the craps table next time?

If you win, do you pay taxes on your profits? If so, I suppose you may have a reason to write off your loses.

Cause you're basically saying that doing drugs is a gamble, one that you made out ok on, but that helping the losers on that wager is what matters.
No. What I'm saying is that threat of prison does not reduce drug use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join