It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Glitch In The Matrix -

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Are we in fact living in a simulation? This is the question postulated, wrestled with, and ultimately argued for through archival footage, compelling interviews with real people shrouded in digital avatars, and a collection of cases from some of our most iconoclastic figures in contemporary culture.

Released: 2021-01-30

This is like a Documentary/movie.
Old footage is included of Terrance McKenna quantifying reality.

Philip K. Dicks belief that we were living in a Digitally created, artificial world sounded like madness in 1977.

But then in 1999 THE MATRIX introduced SIMULATION THEORY to the wider world.

Now consider the book The Holographic Universe talks of The Jansenists, able to seemingly delve through time and space, defying the logistics of this reality.

Again, thought forms must also have a part in this play. We create, but when uncontrolled by the gavels of madmen playing with witchcraft.. Seducing the very core of our thoughts, hearts and minds with continual retched deceit.

edit on 21-3-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This involves this movie/docu. im watching.

My own words/interpretation = And God created the earth in 6 days.

On the 7th day God rested. (Dog Comms). Think Mirror.

60 years in the making. 60 = 6 days.

Carry on.

(Do simulations make mistakes/errors?)
edit on 23-3-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
As i said before.

Not everyone will wake up.

Not everyone is real.

edit on 23-3-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Remember that episode USS Callister on the Black Mirror series?

Yeah...

We're in it.

vimeo.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Panconsciousness: A Quantum Leap To Ancestor-Simulation-Program
Panconsciousness ancestor simulation

Panpsychism holds that the universe is a web of consciousness – an empty stage in which everything that exists has somehow come into being in order to act out the great drama of life. Panpsychism may soon be replaced by Panconsciousness, if a new paper written by a team of scientists from the Los Angeles-based Quantum Gravity Research Theoretical Physics Institute passes academic, peer-reviewed muster.

This will mean mankind’s whole conception of who we are and how we got here, will take a quantum leap forward. The study is entitled The Self-Simulation Hypothesis Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics . To say it is ground-breaking is an understatement. In simple terms, it proposes that our physical universe consists of what is called a “ strange loop.”

That body is nothing less than the physical universe. If that alone is not enough, the theory utilizes advanced ideas about quantum mechanics to speculate that our universe is only one of many possible universes, all of which are created by “Mind” itself.

edit on 24-3-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Vanilla Sky - Not real

edit on 19-4-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire
I was reading this:
The Mirror and The Checkerboard – The Aletheon – Adi Da Samraj – Beezone Library
beezone.com...

And then saw your thread.
I would be interested in any thoughts.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Thanks, I will take a look, interesting info. Seems like people are catching on to the reality of this place now.

I need to write a piece on thought forms and how they're compliant to the misery and control experienced here.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There is an end to this

"
The Matrix is the society we live in. It is this system in which we are so completely dependent upon. Grocery stores, the 9-5 job, the materialistic things we spend that 9-5 cash we earn on. It is the way we live which feeds the system. Our dependecy only feeds the machine. Self sufficiency is the enemy of the system.."

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think the Simulation Theory has some merit, but to say it all a big illusion(it is though), or a video game for bored aliens is just simply horrifying for a number reasons.

It might help conceptualize some dynamics of the grand illusion and who knows, make a holodeck too, an humanity will finally be a vegetable.

In Gnostics, it wasn't at all uncommon to think that the material world was inherently Evil, since it came from the Demi'urge', or God from the O.T eventually. Sugars pills are one thing, but Solphism an Matter, is a completely different matter.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Proto88
I think the Simulation Theory has some merit, but to say it all a big illusion(it is though), or a video game for bored aliens is just simply horrifying for a number reasons.

It might help conceptualize some dynamics of the grand illusion and who knows, make a holodeck too, an humanity will finally be a vegetable.

In Gnostics, it wasn't at all uncommon to think that the material world was inherently Evil, since it came from the Demi'urge', or God from the O.T eventually. Sugars pills are one thing, but Solphism an Matter, is a completely different matter.

I believe its subliminal, and that we are the gods we keep looking for. Then, created a playground where we tossed it to the wind, as Alan Watts would say.., until some type of occurrence took place and its been fixed. Thus the phrase "You're watching a movie", you've heard time over in here. Because in a sense, we are.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Alan Watts articulates it quite well, but Biblically speaking, the Serpent in Eden said, "Ye be gods", yet, he knew there was one particular god, that didn't agree.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Proto88

As far as we've been told, yes.

These verses also speak volumes.

" Know ye not that ye are gods- John 10:34; Psalm 82:6 "

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
I was reading this:
The Mirror and The Checkerboard – The Aletheon – Adi Da Samraj – Beezone Library
beezone.com...

And then saw your thread.
I would be interested in any thoughts.

Interesting.
Our entire lives have been that one question we've all asked at some point, like a splinter in the mind. "Where do we come from".

The entire “world” of apparently “objective” reality is a mirrored (or reflected) thing. What is its Source? What is its Source-Condition, or “Root”-Condition?

I am of the belief that when we pass away we simply wake up. Everything is Light, nothing is real here except what we tell ourselves. When convinced, we become entranced by our own manifestations. Theres a lot more to dive into with a topic like this. It's complicated, yet in reality it's more basic than our minds can comprehend.
edit on 27-6-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 02:51 AM
link   
A guide to free your mind.

You have to let it go Neo. Fear doubt and disbelief. - Morpheus

Time to wake up. The movie is almost over.
edit on 29-6-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Now who woulda guessed Leonardo Dicaprio was a housewife in the "50s". 😱

edit on 25-7-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   

There are scientists right now who are working on experiments to answer the question - are we living in a simulation? This future science short video documentary breaks down and explains the simulation theory. Along with why people such as Elon Musk believe in the theory, and is even funding work in the area. We also take a look at the math behind the simulation argument, showing the probability that we are living in a digital world.

Thoughts from random ppl.

Imagine dying, but you wake up in a futuristic arcade room and your friends next to you says “wow, a new record”

What if when we die we wake up from this simulation, and that's when our real existence begins?

Everybody gangsta until someone figure out how to go in creative mode.

When I was a kid, I used to see myself as the only real person in the world, and other people were like NPCs to me, even my family

No one cc ever asks what the simulation is, or Who's Running It!

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here is the thing. Let's assume that the following is true...

The simulation argument

In 2003, philosopher Nick Bostrom proposed a trilemma that he called "the simulation argument". Despite the name, Bostrom's "simulation argument" does not directly argue that humans live in a simulation; instead, Bostrom's trilemma argues that one of three unlikely-seeming propositions is almost certainly true:

"The fraction of human-level civilizations that reach a posthuman stage (that is, one capable of running high-fidelity ancestor simulations) is very close to zero", or
"The fraction of posthuman civilizations that are interested in running simulations of their evolutionary history, or variations thereof, is very close to zero", or
"The fraction of all people with our kind of experiences that are living in a simulation is very close to one."

Nick Bostrom's premise:

Many works of science fiction as well as some forecasts by serious technologists and futurologists predict that enormous amounts of computing power will be available in the future. Let us suppose for a moment that these predictions are correct. One thing that later generations might do with their super-powerful computers is run detailed simulations of their forebears or of people like their forebears. Because their computers would be so powerful, they could run a great many such simulations. Suppose that these simulated people are conscious (as they would be if the simulations were sufficiently fine-grained and if a certain quite widely accepted position in the philosophy of mind is correct). Then it could be the case that the vast majority of minds like ours do not belong to the original race but rather to people simulated by the advanced descendants of an original race.

Nick Bostrom's conclusion:

It is then possible to argue that, if this were the case, we would be rational to think that we are likely among the simulated minds rather than among the original biological ones.
Therefore, if we don't think that we are currently living in a computer simulation, we are not entitled to believe that we will have descendants who will run lots of such simulations of their forebears.
— Nick Bostrom, Are You Living in a Computer Simulation?, 2003

The other question that must be asked is how many simulations are there in existence?
A bit further down the line theres the question of does each simulation, contain a simulation of the simulation itself?
Well, the original reality contained it and it needs to be accurate.
Even if the opposite were true. Simulations are still created for weather, space, military, communications, logistics etc and would eventually reach the point of realism for pinpoint accuracy needed and supported by default.
Which must then mean there are an infinite amount of simulations (or near too)?

And if this is true we are most likely nothing but a small part of non sophisticated code contained in some real persons faulty smart fridge just about to be thrown in the bin.

edit on 20-8-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

We could assume many theories but I will always come back to Alan Watts and the idea that we created our own enemy and circumstance when we chose to toss it all to the wind to see where the cards would land. I also believe we just wake up after we "die" here due to the fact that everything is simply "Light".
edit on 20-8-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
No one wakes up.

There isn't anyone.

There is just light..... appearing as whatever there appears to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join