It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was racismed today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I moved to Raleigh less than a month ago. This is my selfish story.

I joined this go club in Raleigh. This dude lerod texted and asked If I wanted to play at 6 tonight at barnes and noble. I said great. He texted at 11 am morning of. It’s a 30 minute drive one way.

We talked on and off all day. Around 4 it was decided I would bring my go board and stones. I was super excited to play an actual game away from my phone.

So.

I have been keeping my head all the way clean because Im trying to date and it looks better than the cul de sack.

I have been working out three times a day. Am / afternoon / pm. When I start working I won’t have this option. I did an extra long afternoon workout because I was going out and wanted to look and feel good. I wore new jeans, my adidas sneaks and my cool work shirt from the german style brewery I was executive chef at before covid-19 cut my cojones off.

This guy texted all day saying he was coming enthusiastically until 6:03 when suddenly he seemed to ghost me. I waited until 6:40 and left.

I eventually texted this other guy in the group and asked if Lerod was ok and if he knew what had happened. I had a feeling and told guy what I looked like

( I am 43, 195, 5’11” no fat. Strong looking. Big shoulders, ripped back, ripped torso and chest. I have piercing green intense eyes. I just have that look. I was a troubled punk kid and have visible tattoos on my arms. I joined the USMC and it was the start of me finding my focus)

and how I was listening to my airpods to keep my energy up because of my long afternoon workout, otherwise I would fade and need a power nap and his answer on text was

“Hmmmmm ohhhh yeahhhh”

Dude took one look at my bald head and face and said

Nope.

Didn’t even courtesy text to say he wasn’t comfortable. Just ghosted.

What the F.........

We had been playing GO previously on ogs and he actually made a move around midnight. Like an apologetic I’m sorry look I’m still here move.

Maybe he should have vetted me better before just randomly showing up to a meet.

When Bryan Stevenson was able to implement both his amazing projects in Montgomery, Al. The legacy Museum and the national memorial of peace and justice I had special access prior to official opening and rode the bus with Danny Glover in silence as we contemplated the horrors of American history and its current societal standing in regards to its backwards framework. This is a great example of what you find when you vet me prior to judging me by my looks alone.

I am not as upset about getting racismed as I am about getting ghosted. I moved to Raleigh to take care of my mother who is feeble and my time is precious.

A simple text. That would be nice. I understand people have hesitancies.

It could say something like

“Hello! You look like you might batter me because you are fit, bald and white. Sorry! Out!”

Might be nice.

Garbage world

This is GO for the curious

edit on 19-3-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Korean bbq

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

What game do you play at Barnes&Noble ??

Oh I see now !

edit on 19-3-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Watch the youtube. It is funny and informative. My avatar will make sense to you.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Now I can move on and comment about your experience.

Going by your self description, I think you probably look too good for the other person. He probably was expecting a nerd like the guy on the video.

That game would be better with M&Ms.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Only if they were peanut

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I joined this go club in Raleigh. This dude lerod texted and asked If I wanted to play at 6 tonight at barnes and noble. I said great. He texted at 11 am morning of. It’s a 30 minute drive one way.

We talked on and off all day. Around 4 it was decided I would bring my go board and stones. I was super excited to play an actual game away from my phone.

So.

I have been keeping my head all the way clean because Im trying to date and it looks better than the cul de sack.

I have been working out three times a day. Am / afternoon / pm. When I start working I won’t have this option. I did an extra long afternoon workout because I was going out and wanted to look and feel good. I wore new jeans, my adidas sneaks and my cool work shirt from the german style brewery I was executive chef at before covid-19 cut my cojones off.

This guy texted all day saying he was coming enthusiastically until 6:03 when suddenly he seemed to ghost me. I waited until 6:40 and left.

I eventually texted this other guy in the group and asked if Lerod was ok and if he knew what had happened. I had a feeling and told guy what I looked like

( I am 43, 195, 5’11” no fat. Strong looking. Big shoulders, ripped back, ripped torso and chest. I have piercing green intense eyes. I just have that look. I was a troubled punk kid and have visible tattoos on my arms. I joined the USMC and it was the start of me finding my focus)

and how I was listening to my airpods to keep my energy up because of my long afternoon workout, otherwise I would fade and need a power nap and his answer on text was

“Hmmmmm ohhhh yeahhhh”

Nope.

What the F.........

We had been playing GO previously on ogs and he actually made a move around midnight. Like an apologetic I’m sorry look I’m still here move.

Maybe he should have vetted me better before just randomly showing up to a meet.

When Bryan Stevenson was able to implement both his amazing projects in Montgomery, Al. The legacy Museum and the national memorial of peace and justice I had special access prior to official opening and rode the bus with Danny Glover in silence as we contemplated the horrors of American history and its current societal standing in regards to its backwards framework. This is a great example of what you find when you vet me prior to judging me by my looks alone.

I am not as upset about getting racismed as I am about getting ghosted. I moved to Raleigh to take care of my mother who is feeble and my time is precious.

“Hello! You look like you might batter me because you are fit, bald and white. Sorry! Out!”

Might be nice.

Garbage world

With all respect, when did race play a part in this?

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I am an old school skin...not in shape. Happens all the time. People need to not live in fear.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

The gentleman who was to show up was a elderly asian gentleman.

This is the perfect asian game. He did not expect me.

Because of recent events in the United States (that is where we both reside)

Said gentleman was wary of approaching the table.

I am an British born american raised lad. I’m white as can be. I am an intense individual. My brother is also as intense as I.

Race was definitely a part in all of this.

The first time I remember race in my life being an issue as a white boy was when I was 7 in Louisiana. Racism takes on all forms.

MY Jamaican Jewish daughters encounter it all the time and tell me stories of everyday problems.

The word coolie is prevalent in Jamaica

and it should not be.

Don’t call my kids that. That would upset me
edit on 19-3-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Humble pie

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I wonder what if you take your GO board to a biker's bar instead of B&N.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I will take it anywhere if someone can play man.

They used to play at this cool asian grocery and I was all about that then someone dropped the BaN bomb and I died a little but still wanted to play so I sallied forth like a good boy

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I don't think that your post was selfish at all. You were treated unfairly. Should not matter at all what you look like, you wanted to play a game, it was agreed on, and then you got ghosted. That is just not cool. Try to keep finding others who can play the game with you and not judge you.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 04:33 AM
link   
People are judged by their looks every day all the time. Fat women, black men, etc. This isn't new, it's just new to you.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I was racismed today

Sounds more like stereotyped.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I’m sorry that happened to you, especially since you had to drive half an hour each way with gas prices going Up .

So here’s my 2 cents (for what it’s worth)...If this guy ghosted you now , then he’s probably not Someone you want anything to do with. If he didn’t want to walk up to you , then He could have texted you , but he completely blew you off ....That’s not cool,and not someone who holds a lot of credibility in my book .

As frustrating as it is , think of it this way ... this happened for a reason and it could have just saved you a lot of future frustration , or issues with this dude. He probably did you a favor and you just don’t know it yet ... and you never know he could have been the next Craig’s list copycat killer ?! ( I had to throw in alittle conspiracy theory ..)

Are there any gaming stores near you? you could go talk to the employees and find out if there are any places they know of that have game night...and if not ,maybe your calling is to start one ! ..how cool would that be ,your own “Meet and greet” game night .

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I just have that look.

LOL ... "racismed"? Good reading material all the same. Like Meldionne1 said, "Sucks losing time and money you can't get back."

🇺🇸&⭐️s for all.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I got 'sexism'd' and discriminated against because I was hoofing it.
I walked to the drive through at "one of those places."
and ordered a burger.
She said "I'm sorry ma'am, you have to be in a vehicle at the drive-thru,"
I'm a middle-aged man with an impressive goat-beard.
She must have thought I was one ugly damn woman.
The doors were locked. Couldn't go inside to order.
Only people in cars can buy their stuff.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

So.

“Hmmmmm ohhhh yeahhhh”

Nope.

What the F.........

Might be nice.

Garbage world

With all respect, when did race play a part in this?

Yea I was about to say the same thing, it wasn't your race at all.

Sounds like the guy just got nervous or had a bad vibe, who knows maybe social anxiety, none of which are racial.
edit on 19-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It sucks indeed, but this is the world the press has created.

If someone who is white shoots someone of any other race, then it can't be for any other reason than he was white and racist. It's a natural, logical progression of critical race theory training where all whites are racist whether they admit it or not and support a white oppressive system.

At any rate, I'm sorry people are now scared of you and cannot treat you fairly because of how you look, but I don't expect it to get any better anytime soon. We live under an administration that rules us by this sort of racial credo now.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Perhaps he thought you'd beat him to a pulp in a fit of roid rage if you lost

He was rude though, but I've met dudes both black and white who are huge. Pro-football bodies and it is intimidating a bit at first. Especially if they got bright eyes that stare into your soul

So maybe the guy was just very shy and not expecting a built non-asian guy.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Why not just call and ask the guy why he blew off the match?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join