It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas governor repeals mask requirement and OKs businesses to operate at 100 percent capacity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Texas Governor Greg Abbott has lifted many of the Covid-19 restrictions in his state, permitting businesses to operate at 100-percent capacity and repealing the requirement for people to wear face coverings.

Source

Thank God, finally someone is ending the mask and closure nonsense. I expect a deluge of MSM propaganda about how people in Texas are suddenly dying at terrifying rates, though. Once that gets worn out, maybe other states will start to follow Texas' lead.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Surprised I haven’t heard from my sister about this.

Excellent news! Now let the rest of the dominos fall.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
About damn time. Last I heard it was up to the States to make the decision on how they want to do things. If Texas takes the lead I am sure/hoping others follow.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Good! It's about time. All it takes is one and hopefully the rest of the idiots will follow.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is great news!

Now we wait for the ATS nazi's to wag the finger.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Texas Governor Greg Abbott has lifted many of the Covid-19 restrictions in his state, permitting businesses to operate at 100-percent capacity and repealing the requirement for people to wear face coverings.

Source

Thank God, finally someone is ending the mask and closure nonsense. I expect a deluge of MSM propaganda about how people in Texas are suddenly dying at terrifying rates, though. Once that gets worn out, maybe other states will start to follow Texas' lead.

YEEEEEEEAH!!! It's about damn time.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The governor of PA Tom Wolfe will never repeal the madness but yay Texas.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Texas is the state gaining the most legal citizens of any of the 50 states. It has replaced Florida and Arizona at the state most US citizens relocate to.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Texas is the state gaining the most legal citizens of any of the 50 states. It has replaced Florida and Arizona at the state most US citizens relocate to.

Maybe so, but the more I hear Ron Desantis talk, the more I want to move to Florida...

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Bravo Texas!
Adolphia Whitler here in Michigan has loosened her sphincter a little bit today, but not that much.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I'm sure the media smear campaign will be fierce and relentless. Get ready for the onslaught of stories about how terrible Texas is, how the elderly are being sentenced to death. Biden i'm sure will institute a travel ban to and from Texas. Case numbers will spiral out of control, according to non-local to Texas media. AOC will cry those salty crocodile tears for the poor dying elderly in Texas, Priest Fauci will curse them as heretics, Pelosi'll drink and slur a bunch...oh boy.
edit on 2/3/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
The governor of PA Tom Wolfe will never repeal the madness but yay Texas.

So let's remove Wolf. Impeach the SOB.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This initiative will only succeed if medical personnel stop taking orders to write unconfirmed covid related conditions on death certificates and testing methods are fully upgraded or publicly acknowledged to be patently unreliable. Without that transparency there will always be room for debate and paranoia.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
And just like that the Covid political conspiracy against Donald Trump, using Covid as one front to help unseat him, begins to lighten and things start to open up so we will all forget about the Covid crap the Democrats have been pushing for the last 2 years.

...and it’s all because Joe is such a loved President and has been working tirelessly to rid us of Covid.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Hooray!
But the problem is, is that in pretty much all states, regardless of what the governor says, the local municipal governments have their own laws which are superseding state laws. So if you have a logical governor, and a fear prone progressive mayor, they will require all businesses to comply anyway.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Me too, but like I said, at least in my state bosses and businesses are deferring to municipalities and counties, and not governors.
a reply to: KonquestAbySS

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Just like living in the last days of the French Monarchy ,except the French Revolution is also what made a lot of the problems in our government happen too. the 'Commune' the beheadings. That was mob rule at its 'finest'

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Not sure thats a bad thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
And just like that the Covid political conspiracy against Donald Trump, using Covid as one front to help unseat him, begins to lighten and things start to open up so we will all forget about the Covid crap the Democrats have been pushing for the last 2 years.

...and it’s all because Joe is such a loved President and has been working tirelessly to rid us of Covid.

No, it's because apparently Texans believe strongly in fighting to their last breath for the right to stop breathing.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Abbott was correct to jump first, now the other states will have to follow accordingly or play catch up with Texas economy and bragging rights later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join