It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we please stop turning everything into a political attack thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This is the rant forum, so I'm going to rant about how so many people are trying take absolutely anything and everything and turn it into some kind of political attack thread.

It snowed in Texas and millions of people were plunged into a potentially life threatening situation, and what was ATS's response. A dozen threads blaming TrumpRepublicans and a dozen more blaming BidenDemocrats. For a disaster that was largely caused by private companies cheap skating on infrastructure investments.

And this is just one example of who knows how many.

Somebody gets shot in a robbery, and suddenly there are dozens of threads blaming Biden for encouraging liberal, or Trump for encouraging white supremacists, and we lose track of the fact that the problem is endemic violence and poverty and start arguing over gun grabbers and racists hiding under your beds.

Somebody wants to dumb down the math curriculum in one state, and suddenly it's Biden trying to make math "less white". Even though that's not what the news story was about, and even though it was local decision that had absolutely nothing to do with Biden.

Somebody farts on a crowded bus and then denies it, and who could have guessed it, it's due to trump locking up children, or building a wall, or whatever the meme of the days is.

Can people please stop trying to make everything about BidenTrump. Particularly if its something that happens at the state or local level and is completely unrelated to national politics.

I don't want to hear anybody moaning "But THEY make everything about politicsracegenderThe Kardashian", stop, please just stop.

Let's take back ATS for proper conspiracies, not stupid political attacks.

Let's admit that we're almost all humans here, and while we might not like "the other guy's" politics, they're most probably human as well. So let's start acting like they're human and not villains out of a bad TV movie with stupid illogical motivations.

If something isn't about politics, let's not make it about politics, and if "the other guy" tries to make it about politics, let's not oblige them.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Wouldn't this be awesome???

I'd be happy if we could just escape the echo chambers of the left-right paradigm and start discussing issues in nonpartisan terms... discussing real issues and real solutions rather than just finger pointing and name calling.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Never gonna happen, people need that star and flag fix!

Would be nice though.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Hear hear.

But you do know that this site is too far gone with the politics. I absolutely would love it to cool down but then what else are they gonna moan about?
Yes they should leave the politics to the political threads but they aren't capable of that. America is now a country full of "us versus them". Dont matter what us and them are, its a country divided.

When i tell my friends about some of the posts i see on here they need some convincing that im telling the truth. It seems politics is America. Division is America. And the elite have it that way which is the real problem. The rich versus the poor. If yiz only united and seen this, America could be one of the best countries in The World again.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Did you just make a thread about Biden / Trump asking people to stop making threads about Biden / Trump?

I’ll get my coat.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   
No. Not when the Bigfoot I saw the other day was sporting a MAGA hat.

Wouldn’t have been so bad but the alien they were hanging with had Q Anon shirt and was arguing with some BLM Lizard-folks....tedious for sure

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Read the OP again. And again, and again. Until it sinks in what the thread is actually about.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I was being facetious.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

"Can't we all just get along??........."

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Are you suggesting that there aren’t political implications to the above scenarios? Everything is political theses days because we have two diametrically opposed visions for America at work.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I won't add much, but texas asked the DoE for permission to up the electrical generation, but was told no. As a CT, makes me wonder of it was payback for voting Trump...

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I only see one side of the political divide deify their leaders. Who tie their personalities to a politician. Who feel an attack on their “leader” is an attack on themselves. Who constantly reeee at the sky day in and day out on ATS.

Thinking a Trump or a Biden is on your side is like believing the stripper likes you. Don’t be that guy.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Why not every post an attack

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
People even make political comments in the food threads. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I don’t get it. People have no focus.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Why not every post an attack

This post is ****ing stupid.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly like a libertarian to show up.... blah! Hahaha

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Communist!

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So true. I like my micky mao shirt a lot

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well there goes all the conspiracies that come true 🎃

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The reason this happens is because the population has been divided. TPTB have divided the population to cause disruption, distraction and in-fighting. Makes us easier to control and manipulate.

What's brilliantly laughable is that these guys who are OBSESSED with making everything political, and only ever talk political, they think they are onto something, they think they are 'understanding' something. They're distracted and wasting their time. Poor buggers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join