It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Seized Congressional Phone Records on Congressional Attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
They did it without court orders!

WITHIN HOURS OF the storming of the Capitol on January 6, the FBI began securing thousands of phone and electronic records connected to people at the scene of the rioting — including some related to members of Congress, raising potentially thorny legal questions.

So the FBI took phone records and they did it within hours.

They did it on emergency orders with no warrants or orders.

The cellphone data includes many records from the members of Congress and staff members who were at the Capitol that day to certify President Joe Biden’s election victory. The FBI is “searching cell towers and phones pinging off cell sites in the area to determine visitors to the Capitol,” a recently retired senior FBI official told The Intercept. The data is also being used to map links between suspects, which include members of Congress, they also said. (Capitol Police are reportedly investigating whether lawmakers helped rioters gain access to the Capitol as several Democrats have alleged they did, though Republican officials deny this.)

So what is exactly going on? This is a violation of the 4th Amendment for one thing, and looks like an attack on Republicans in Congress for another. You wonder why the troops are still there? Wonder no more.

It started with noncontent data, but they've collected more since using "hybrid" authorizations.

Things are getting scary.

edit on 24-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The lawlessness ...

Anyone who thinks obeying any laws that are on the books is a fool. Your government is proving that to you daily through their actions and deeds.

Seize your freedom with both hands. Two-tiered justice ... is no justice at all.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Welp, I am imagining the worst. It's not surprising they took immediate control over all evidence by any means. Their specialty is creating a fictional record of evidence.

The FBI has already covered for John Sullivan. In his affidavit for indictment they wrote that he told the investigator he was in DC to video record the Stop The Steal Rally. This is easy enough to prove false, he planned and advertised his own rally, for that day. That's why he was in DC:

Is he being charged for making false statements to the FBI? No.

Whatever the FBI has, I can only assume it will be used to bury any evidence of involvement by Democrats, the media, and anti-fascist activists, and further frame Trump supporters and conservatives.

Won't be long until we see falsified Form 302's...the FBI's signature move.

Ultimately, they are coming for every Trump supporter whether they were inside the Capitol, on January 6, or home making lunch for their families.

As long as we pretend it's impossible for leftist activists to masquerade as Trump supporters, Trump supporters will be guilty of whatever crimes they choose.

edit on 2/24/2021 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Just remember, the more people see this, the more they'll grow complacent to this sort of illegal action. It's like the frog in the pot scenario.

Whatever we do, we can NOT get complacent.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You may want to brush up on what can and can't be do e in DC in regards to being legal and what is not.
The laws there are much different than most places in he US.
And if your bored there are many great documentary films about this!

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

So who oversees the FBI.... when they blatantly sidestep oversight and laugh at the constitution?

Check and balances no longer exist; this is being steamrolled quicker by the hour....

“Orange man bad”..... a phrase that was enough to cripple and dismantle the United States of America, also the willfully ignorant liberals and looneys that refuse to see the utter evil and hypocrisy...

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Seen enough, learned enough and understand enough.

Our country is corrupt. There's no coming back from this.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Just remember, the more people see this, the more they'll grow complacent to this sort of illegal action. It's like the frog in the pot scenario.

Whatever we do, we can NOT get complacent.

But we are, and they know it

...here, have some freshly printed stimulus.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

If that little piece of sh!t doesn't get the same punishment as everyone else, I think there will be an uproar. I'll do my best to make sure of it. I feel like everyone there who was violent and damaged things, and hit police need to be punished to the full extent and that includes this guy. he was smart enough to video exactly what he did and said.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I don't even care if all the data was legally seized. The FBI has been caught way, way too many times falsifying evidence without accountability and that makes their handling of any evidence criminal in MY book.

As Snarl already pointed out, the US is not operating under Equal Protection laws anymore. Obeying the laws on the books while others are flouting them is a fool's game.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

You may want to brush up on what can and can't be do e in DC in regards to being legal and what is not.
The laws there are much different than most places in he US.
And if your bored there are many great documentary films about this!

Just an FYI, but DC is not a Constitution free zone. It may not be a state, but it is STILL supposed to be under the Constitutional restrictions on government.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

They did it on emergency orders

Whose orders? Who does the FBI answer to?

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

They did it on emergency orders

Whose orders? Who does the FBI answer to?

The FBI is technically in the Executive branch, and therefore under the POTUS. That would be President Trump at that point in time. If it was not his order, then they are in breach of their charter.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

A lot of things in the aftermath were immediately grabbed by Nancy's hot little hand.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It's almost like they knew ahead of time what they were told to do !!

Very suspicious and reeks of a setup coming 😃🎩

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The attorney general, and the DOJ should investigate...... oh wait 🤣

We’re so FU##’d

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Get ready for the disposable identities to start being published 😎

Too bad we'll never know who the dark planners were 😎

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm afraid you're right. But that's my reminder... It's the best I can do as of right now.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Unfortunately we all allowed the circumvention of the constitution when it's a matter of national security.

But more and more, I think we realize national security contextually means the security of TPTB, and not the country as a whole.

Surely, if it was the interests of everyone.... They'd do something about the copious amounts of stingrays in DC (fake cell towers that intercept calls and SMS messages).

Whether or not someone believes this was a matter of national security... I would still argue there are channels to find what authorities need, IE warrants. Even if you believe these people committed crimes, they still have the rights and protections. And I'm sure some who were not involved are impacted by warrantless searches just by being in the vicinity.

This is not the first, and will certainly not be the last time this happens. Our rights are secondary to the comfort those in power are used to. If anything, this will make things worse as it shook those at the healm.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hint: it wasn’t Biden

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join