It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates Wants to Feed You Bug Paste and Lab Meat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Eating bugs is not new. It's abundant in protein and a sustainable source of green friendly nutrients. In a word, do it you cowards.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Don't have an opinion pf lab meat yet. But.

We should be eating insects.

We are fools not to.

Emotional babies that can't see past our feels to the abundant easily sustainable and super nutritious food source.

link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: ketsuko
So you have never had sausages, baked goods, pates, breakfast cereals or cheeses? None of those things are like the things they are made from?

Heck, even steaming and seasoning vegetables changes them from their natural state.

Resorting to hyperbole now?

We're talking about taking plants and making them pretend to be meat. One of the "meat" substitute companies even figure out how to make their plant burgers "bleed" to convince people they were eating meat. That's what I'm talking about.

Bill Gates invests heavily in both those meat alternative companies.

link   

I find Gates to be one of the least trustworthy figures in the public eye. Even his "philanthropic" donations tend to go to organizations where he is heavily involved (board member, etc).

He could simply be taking advantage of the market to get lots of land for cheap. At the very least, Id be curious to see how much he paid versus how much it would have cost 1-2 years ago.

Given all his other stated agendas though, and that of the technocracy in general.. it fits in far, far too cleanly with everything from resource control in general to eliminating "ye olde" food supply chain.

Of course, they will be in control of the whole system. Any options that provide actual self-sufficiency are akin to heresy. Which is why we are hearing about freaking processed paste (lol) versus, say, technology and methods that can be under individual control.

We wouldnt want those poor starving folks to actually be able to feed themselves, amirite?

And I particularly love comments like "at least someone (Gates) is doing something!"

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Eating bugs is not new. It's abundant in protein and a sustainable source of green friendly nutrients. In a word, do it you cowards.

Offering as a choice is one thing. Making it the only option is another. We're talking about how Gates wants to make insects and plant-based meat alternatives the only choices for most everyone.

So you enjoy your computer-printed soy-protein rib-eye, while off in his conclave, he likely gets to slap a real one on the grill.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

yes.

maggots are good nutritious food. Why wouldn't we eat them?

Because we can't get past our childish emotional reactions. Eww that's gross.
Parents would understand what I mean here. They know what it's like trying to get a child to eat something that's good for them but the child thinks it's gross.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
lancaster.unl.edu...

That link says what different insects taste like.
Nothing making me want to try them yet....

Don’t eat baby bees!!! They’re needed too much.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

delicious alternatives

You know what maggots and insects taste like?

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Actually I was reading he is planning to build communities, specially targeted for certain needs, you may want to research on that, it seems he is going to create, vegan, meat free, goo and insect food paradises.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
No, you were resorting to hyperbole acting like processing food only means making powders and pills and that people will be trying to force you to eat them.

Your argument is that you want veggies to be veggies. Nobody is saying you can't have them that way.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley
That reality might be closer than we think:

Facility near Calgary to breed nutty-tasting flies as animal feed

"We would love to be able to feed our insects directly to people," operations and marketing manager Victoria Leung told the Calgary Eyeopener. "We don't think it's that far-fetched, but for now we're sticking to animal feed in North America."

I will expect it on grocery shelves after the successful propaganda blitz.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: daskakik
So you have never had sausages, baked goods, pates, breakfast cereals or cheeses? None of those things are like the things they are made from?

Heck, even steaming and seasoning vegetables changes them from their natural state.

Resorting to hyperbole now?

We're talking about taking plants and making them pretend to be meat. One of the "meat" substitute companies even figure out how to make their plant burgers "bleed" to convince people they were eating meat. That's what I'm talking about.

Bill Gates invests heavily in both those meat alternative companies.

Those fake meats are also very over processed and often high in salt for flavour. Even with the beets bleeding and such, its so over processed they shouldn’t be even trying to say its healthy.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Not yet, but Bill Gates' vision is to send us there to "save the planet". Haven't you been paying attention? And after he was so instrumental in getting Common Core adopted, when he talks about grand, Utopian visions, I pay attention.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: daskakik
Not yet...

Well, when they do, then you will have a valid argument instead of hyperbole.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Sounds like the dude knows he’s old and won’t last long, look at him. He looks like death walking. Hence why he wants everyone to live crappy lives, if he can’t have health and happiness nobody can.

Why is it every time this dude comes out in public it pisses me off, who the heck made him king shift alt delete.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: fernalley
That reality might be closer than we think:

Facility near Calgary to breed nutty-tasting flies as animal feed

"We would love to be able to feed our insects directly to people," operations and marketing manager Victoria Leung told the Calgary Eyeopener. "We don't think it's that far-fetched, but for now we're sticking to animal feed in North America."

I will expect it on grocery shelves after the successful propaganda blitz.

www.amazon.com...

How much?

They're like $15 dollars a bag!

Sounds like an expensive solution to world hunger...

Only $30 an ounce!

Wow. Lol.

Lobster is cheaper!

edit on 1822021 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

Damn, even some Caviar is cheaper.

edit on 1822021 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Funny, how the focus of the thread went from "bug sausages could help feed the undernourished of the world" to "those healthy alternatives may not be so healthy, gotta read the labels folks".

Not actual quotes, of course, quotes added for emphasis.
edit on 18-2-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Look if he is trying to feed people and not Sterilize them any longer and if what he feeds them is nutritious and healthy even if it sounds unappetizing then I am all for it - as long as it does not look like bug's and is actually tasty and textured into something healthy.

Bug protein can be textures just like anything else, most cultures - not so much us in the west (Except France who eat Snails and one or two others) already do, locusts are a delicacy in many places and some even eat whole roast spiders it may look vile but it does not seem to do those folk's any harm.

This is a step change for the man, still not a nice guy BUT if instead of trying to kill the third world off he has now realized that food is the next bid industry and new sustainable sources of nutrition are a key then fine why not.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: LDragonFire

Exactly. If he wants to eat that dreck, I won't stop him.

bon appétit!

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Price wont go down until more people get used to it.

That price is stupid high right now. But only because demand is stupid low.

I've been looking into farming crickets here at my house. But before I do that I need to taste them.
So far those prices have kept me away.

My local grocery stores are running out of meats. Can't even get chicken wings anymore.
I can get ground beef and neck bones. But that is about it. oh and ox tail for some reason. Ever had ox tail?
better tasting then any other beef imo. Super expensive though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join