It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates Wants to Feed You Bug Paste and Lab Meat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov
Changed it to people because it isn't just a "for the kids" deal, although my mind did go there because you did that same thing in the OP:

Bill and Melinda Gates founded project, wants poor kids to eat a paste composed of crickets (after all, Africans already eat crickets) fly larva and mealworms.

Who is defending Gates? I'm saying, like Sakrateri did earlier, that it might be the solution available right now for this situation.

You making it about Gates and his wealth and it being icky sounding is the POV who isn't affected by this at the moment so you have to conjure up some dystopian future you are fighting against to justify your opposition to it.

link   

You will either support the technocrat agenda, or you want people to starve zos!

Im actually not against thingslike bugs becoming more mainstream. In principle, at least.. It might gross a lot of people out, but I think it could be a good addition to the existing market. Seems like everything is always about eradicating the old with the new technocrat take though.

Naturally, Gates himself wont ever partake in such things. He has a good PR team though, so he might make some token gesture of eating something they claim is said paste on "TV." That always works to convince the normies

link   

originally posted by: daskakik
And there are people right now who would be thankful for a maggot sausage. Why do you have a problem with them getting one?

And there are people right now who don't have to eat maggot sausage, but Gates' vision is that everyone should be made to.

I've been plain here in the past that I'm not against having more dietary alternatives, but I am very much against people coming in and saying, "Eat this because we will no longer let you eat that."

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
That is on you, if you let it happen.

That doesn't take away from the fact that it might be a viable solution to people in need of this alternative and therefore not a reason to demonize it, as the OP tried to do.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's like putting the whole world on "everything the body needs":

Or in RimWorld, you're feeding you entire colony on nothing but disgusting nutrient paste meals. Sure, they'll live on it, but they won't be happy.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Oh, so if the world falls into a globalist system that is now "my" fault?

Riiiight.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Like I said, you have to reach for works of fiction depicting dystopian futures to justify the outrage.

The matrix one is poor because if mouse could arrange a date with the girl in red, why couldn't it include a steak dinner?

edit on 18-2-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Obviously not "you" you.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
That reality might be closer than we think:

Facility near Calgary to breed nutty-tasting flies as animal feed

"We would love to be able to feed our insects directly to people," operations and marketing manager Victoria Leung told the Calgary Eyeopener. "We don't think it's that far-fetched, but for now we're sticking to animal feed in North America."

I will expect it on grocery shelves after the successful propaganda blitz.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

You will either support the technocrat agenda, or you want people to starve zos!

Im actually not against thingslike bugs becoming more mainstream. In principle, at least.. It might gross a lot of people out, but I think it could be a good addition to the existing market. Seems like everything is always about eradicating the old with the new technocrat take though.

Naturally, Gates himself wont ever partake in such things. He has a good PR team though, so he might make some token gesture of eating something they claim is said paste on "TV." That always works to convince the normies

I think you and kets make good points regarding the potential for (some--I can hardly think of less palatable things than maggots) bugs as a food source. I-- and maybe other Americans have a very sterile idea of food (some the "food" items consumed while maybe cringing at the idea of crickets were devoid of any nutritional value, I've been irrational in that way regarding what disgusts me).

But you put it very well when you mentioned the technocrat way of eradicating the old sources is the major concern here. Do you think Bill's drive to buy out all the land is directly connected to his desire to eradicate meat from our diet?
Forcing the issue, maybe?
edit on 18-2-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with eating bugs. People all over the world have done it and still do it.

Truth be told, I've become enough of a foodie that I'd like to try some of the insect dishes I've seen. I'm interested in fried tarantula for example.

But, and this is the big caveat, I want the real thing. I don't want highly processed versions of them.

If I'm eating vegetables, I want to eat vegetables - carrots, cauliflower, etc. - there are regular features of my diet now by choice. I don't want them ground up in patties with additives and flavorings pretending to be meat. If I'm eating meat, I want to darn well eat that and I do. So ... the conclusion here would be that if I'm going to sample mealworm or ants or anything else, I want to have them presented in the traditional dishes from the cuisines that regularly ate and eat them, not ground up in protein powder flours or something.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I’ve seen cricket powder for sale in the grocery store already. I didn’t buy it, but I guess if you want protein in whatever, there it is.

My thought on how this could be good, is when the crops where ever are having locust problems, capture them before they become a problem and someone somewhere can eat them.

Then the crops are still there, and there’s protein powder too.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Very well said.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

“ I want to have them presented in the traditional dishes from the cuisines that regularly ate and eat them, not ground up in protein powder flours or something. ”

I saw on tv, a chef turn crickets or grasshoppers (?) into a taco filling. It actually looked good. I think they take off the legs before frying?

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Go ahead and eat maggot sausage if you want. I'm not participating.

When you put it like that ... I'm not either.

⭐️&🇺🇸 zosimov

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

The project’s founder even mentioned delicious alternatives for the paste such as fly larva sausage, and said that with enough spices, the sausage is almost palatable.

It's this from the OP that makes me side-eye this whole project and its endorsement.

If you can't season something enough to make it taste reasonable, then you shouldn't be pushing it on people.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
To be fair, those were words of my invention. I can hunt down the original quote if you'd like.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So you have never had sausages, baked goods, pates, breakfast cereals or cheeses? None of those things are like the things they are made from?

Heck, even steaming and seasoning vegetables changes them from their natural state.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Maybe we should let him know that we are more interested in eating reptiles

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Sure, but it sounds to me like this is a product that doesn't exactly taste really good.

Actually, it sounds more like a specialty reptile food that they're trying to feed to people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join