It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prophecy for the end of times.....Antichrist and the whole world...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The Wedding Feast of the Lamb

The Bridegroom comes to unite the Bride through a Celestial Event... On Easter Sunday!! ?

The Reopening of St. Sophia In Constantinople - The Festival of Festivals

"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him; for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints" (Revelation, Ch 19:7-8)

"And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they who are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb"(Revelation, Ch 17:9)"

"Poor ones! Raise the name of the Lord your God, sing to the great king of the ages, give Him glory, oh come, come, pious race: also you, the inventors of the distorted heresies, come and join your own hymns to the Lord, for, He is benevolent, for, His mercy lives through the ages.
Amen, And lo, a huge crowd of a heavenly army brought the great dragon and tied him up with terrible ties and threw him in the Tartarus of the furnace of fire." - Agathanghelos

6Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:

"Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns.

7Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!

For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.

8Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear."

9Then the angel said to me, "Write: `Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' " And he added, "These are the true words of God."

More Prophecies on the 8th Ecumenical Council, the Great Monarch and the Great Bishop
As mentioned in an earlier section, many Catholic prophecies speak of a return to the True Catholic Faith. Many Eastern Orthodox prophecies speak of a return to the True Orthodox Faith.
Are the prophecies of either faith incorrect? Of course not! While there will be concessions made on all sides in returning to a unified Church based on Apostolic Traditions, I believe that the Catholic and Orthodox prophecies speak of ‘a one,
unified catholic and apostolic church’ that is different that the present state of the Roman Church today,
but its teachings and liturgies will parallel that of the Eastern Church. Protestantism will disappear.
The hindrance of all sides for unification will be the infallibility doctrine of the Pope.
After this doctrine is removed,
the major obstruction for reunification will no longer exist, and all sides will sit down to iron out their differences.

While first comparing this prophecy to the Eastern Orthodox ones, it appears that they are conflicting.
However, upon further examination we find that they actually are in agreement with one another.
The Eastern prophecies speak of a single Patriarch after a cessation of the present state of the Papacy.
However, the Single Patriarch mentioned in the Eastern texts also may be referring to this leader.
The Catholic prophecies use the term ‘Pope’ to describe the head of the Church, while the Eastern Orthodox prophecies refer to a ‘Patriarch’ to describe the head of their church.
Both the Catholic prophecies and Orthodox prophecies speak of a unified church, a single head of the church figure, a future saintly king ruling from Constantinople and the destruction of Rome.
It is no mistake that the Catholic Prophet St. Malachi speaks of the next Pope will be the 'Glory of the Olive Branch'.
No other Popes except Peter the Roman (Petrus Romanus) are listed. It is believed that Peter the Roman will be seated on the ecclesiastical throne at the end of time, during a severe persecution of Christians.
Thus we can conclude that the next pope after Pope John Paul (barring an Antipope, some Catholic prophecies speak of an Anti-Pope before the Great Bishop comes) will be the one who extends an conciliatory 'olive branch' to the Eastern Orthodox Churches.

The Eastern prophecies indicate the dismissal of the Papal Infallibility doctrine, the spreading of Eastern Christian Theology throughout the West, and a Single Patriarch presiding over the entire European Continent.
The Western Catholic prophecies speak of a Great Pope, under protection of the angels, who will unite the Eastern and Western Churches.

Are these two distinct people playing a separate role?

Or ARE THEY IN FACT THE SAME PERSON!!!
Both the Eastern and Western prophecies are described as being guided by Angels. Both the Eastern and Western prophecies speak of a future king/pastor who will be revealed through a celestial prodigy in the heavens.

I may be making incorrect assumptions with regards to the process of Unification, however, I provide these prophetic clips to the reader to aid in their research and to draw their own conclusions.

St. Nelios the Myrrh-Gusher (Died 1592)

(He lived in the village of St Peter in Peloponnesus, Greece)

"… During that time the eighth and last Ecumenic Synod will take place, which will pacify the contentions of the Heretics, it will separate the wheat from the chaff, and the right doctrine from the false doctrine, and for the short length of fifty years there will be peace upon the earth.
Afterwards they will turn again towards evil and they will go to their perdition."

Father Laurence Ricci (Died 1775)

"(…) At a gathering of men noted for piety and wisdom, the (the Great Monarch) will, with the aid of the Pope, introduce new rules, and ban the spirit of confusion. Everywhere there will be one fold and one shepherd."

This prophecy appears to refer to the gathering of the 8th Ecumenical Council.

Vernerable Barholomer Holzhauser (died 1658) – [5]

"… On account of a terrible war Germany will wail, France will be the cause of all of the woe, Germany will be miserably wounded, all will be impoverished. England shall suffer much.
The King shall be killed. After desolation has reached it’s peak in England peace will be restored and England will return to the Catholic faith with greater fervor than ever before.

When everything has been ruined by war; when Catholics are hard pressed by traitorous co-religionists and heretics; when the Church and her servants are denied their rights, the monarchies have been abolished and their rulers murdered… then the Hand of Almighty God will work a marvelous change, something apparently impossible according to human understanding.

…The sixth period of the Church will begin with a powerful Monarch and the Holy Pontiff, (…) and it will last until the revelation of Antichrist. (…)
All nations will become Catholic. Vocations will be abundant as never before, and all men will seek only the Kingdom of God and His justice. (…) They will live under the protection of the Great Monarch and his successors. (…)
The powerful Monarch, who will be sent by God, will uproot all republics. He will submit everything to his authority and he will show great zeal for the true Church of Christ. The empire of the Mohammedans will be broken up, and this Monarch will reign in the East as well as in the West.
All nations will come to worship God in the true Catholic(Universal) and Roman faith. There will be many Saints and Doctors on earth. Peace will reign over the whole earth because God will bind Satan for a number of years until the days of the Son of Perdition.

No one will be able to pervert the word of God since, during the sixth period, there will be an ecumenical council which will be the greatest of all councils. By the grace of God, by the power of the Great Monarch, by the authority of the Holy Pontiff, and by the union of all the most devout princes, atheism and every heresy will be banished from the earth.
The Council will define the true sense of Holy Scripture, and this will be believed and accepted by everyone. (…)"

St. Tarasius

St. Tarasius was born in Constantinople of noble parents and became a statesman who commanded a high religious learning. Only a layman, he was elected by the people and bishops to the Patriarchal throne in Constantinople in 784 A.D. He convened the Ecumenical Council for the restoration of the icons in 787 A.D.

(…) Following that, a great civil war will break out and the entire faithless nation will be destroyed; and then will rise a Holy King whose name begins with an I (Iota) and ends with a S (Sigma)"

Through other prophecies, we can clearly make the statement that the future king will be named John (in Greek, John is spelled Iannis), and he will be from royal descent.

John of Vatiguero (13th Century)

" (…) Spoliation, devastation and pillage of that most famous city, which is the capitol and mistress of the whole kingdom of France, will take place when the Church and world will be grievously troubled: The Pope will change his residence; the Church will not be defended for the duration of 25 months, and more, because during all this time there will be no Pope, no Emperor of Rome and no ruler in France.
Afterwards a young captive prince shall recover the crown of the Lilies and shall extend his dominion over all the universe. Once established he shall destroy the Sons of Brutus and their Isle so that their memory shall pass into everlasting forgetfulness.

After many tribulations a Pope will be elected out of those who escape persecution. He, by his sanctity, will reform the clergy and the whole world will venerate them for their virtue and perfection. He will travel barefoot and be devoid of fear. Almost al unbelievers and the Jews will be converted and there will be one law, one faith, one baptism, one life. All people will love one another and peace will last a long time."

Brother John of the Cleft Rock (Catholic Monk) – given in 1340 [5]

"… The White Eagle by order of the Archangel Michael, will drive the crescent from Europe where none but Christians will remain – he himself will rule from Constantinople.
An era of peace and prosperity will begin for the world. There will no longer be Protestants or Schismatics: The Lamb will reign and the bliss of the human race will begin.
Happy will they be who have escaped the perils of that terrible time, for they can taste it’s fruit through the reign of the Holy Ghost and the sanctification of mankind, which can be accomplished only after the defeat of the Black Eagle."

Excerpts from the Visions of General John Makriyannis

(from his book titled Visions and Wonders, 1983)Pages 205-206) [4]

(…) Then the Lord God spoke and said: and the entire family of the Western nations should abandon their idea and their demands at the expense of Orthodoxy.
This is a new edifice, it is My wish and the wish of those within My Kingdom that they (the Greeks) will receive again their glory of the past; I was the One Who took that glory away from them, I Am the One Who gives it back to them; no nation among you should ever raise that claim again,
not even,
not even Russia,
herself; whoever raises such a claim will have to face My wrath, not only he, himself, but also all those who may wish to run to his assistance; this realm will be the domain of My Only-Begotten Son,
this will become My domain also,
and herewith I appoint as My deputy the man named after John the Baptist,
and I bequeath the realm to him and his offspring and the offspring of his offspring through the ages.
This is My wish and this is My pleasure.

You, king John, you are faithful to Me and to My kingdom, let your issue follow your own example; you and your progeny are going to move your residence into the Palace of Constantine, and nowhere else. (…)

This was taken from a web page a few yrs back....cannot locate where it is....
helen.

[edit on 3/20/2005 by helen670]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Here are a few more prophecies ..........concerning the Antichrist
Russia,
and the whole world.....

www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Your post does not clarify all of the prophecies relative to a time frame. what makes these prophecies for a time well in the future? For example, the prophecy on Germany can be no more seen to be a wish during the 17th century when it was made since the factional divisions between the Catholic, lutheran and Reformed churches were directly linked to Germany. Which it propbably was.

The Malachy prophecy is subjective, as with everything else, where those who choose to have it fit a certain ideal, will play with the words, phraesology, anything at all, much like the Nostradamus quatrains.

Revelation itself has got to be the most used up piece of literature during the last 1800 years, used up past its own era the soothsayer who wrote it as a curse to the Romans, spoke to. For there is always some auspicious occasion that can be matched against some verse, forever keeping the populace in a continuous state of apoplexy telling them to expect the earth to open beneath them, the mountain to spilt in two, and some guy resplendent in a golden crown to descend on a horse from a cloud.

Edit to add: It is by 2,000 years of propaganda that the wedding feast is taken to have any meaning to Jesus and Heaven. If one can read it objectively they would actually find nothing of the sort.

[edit on 3/23/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
He Himself said, “There­fore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect” (Matthew 24:44).

Am I forcing anyone here to read this?

quote////////But of that day and hour knoweth no man,
no, not the angels of heaven,
but my Father only.
But as the days of Noe were,
so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be . . .

Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
But know this,
that if the good man of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched,
and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh . . . ” (Mat. 24:36-51)

If neither the angels in heaven nor the Son of Man Himself as man know the appointed time,
how is it possible for it to be known among men?

From the words of the Saviour it is understood only that we must be ever vigilant and mindful of our salvation,
ever ready for the coming of the Lord, for we know neither the day nor the hour of His coming, nor even the hour of our own end in this life.
His appearance will be unexpected,
as the Lord forewarned us when he said, “Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of Man cometh.” (Mat. 25:13)

quote///The Apostle Paul writes: “But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
Ye are all the children of light,
and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness” (1 Thess. 5:4-5).
From these words it follows that Christians can and should know the exact date of the Second Coming in order to be ready to accept it.

It is possible only for the approach of the Second Coming to be known by the signs which must come before:

~ The preaching of the Gospel throughout the world. (Mat. 24:15)

~ The turn of the Jews to Christianity after the preaching of the Gospel in the entire world. (Rom. 11:25-34)

~ The appearance of the Antichrist,
also called the man of iniquity or the beast,
together with his representatives,
pseudo-Christs, false prophets,
and every type of false wonder worked by the power of Satan in order to deceive the people.
The Antichrist will sit in the place of God acting as if he were God and as an unrelenting beast he will pursue with all rage and furore the chosen servants of God. (1 Jn. 2:18; 2 Thess. 2:3-11; Rev. 13:1-8, 20:1-10; Mat. 24:9)

~ The multiplication of wickedness and the growing cold of love between men, hatred and betrayal of one another. (Mat. 24:10-12)

~ A torrent of bloodshed, wars and rumours of wars between nations, people and states. (Mat. 24:6-7)

~ The appearance of calamities such as mass starvation, sicknesses etc. (Mat. 24:7-9)

~ The appearance of certain signs in the world such as the darkening of the sun and moon, the falling of stars from the sky, the passing away of heaven and earth.

~ The appearance in the heavens of the sign of the Son of Man, the True Cross, because this is the sign of victory of our Lord and no other sign so alerts us of His imminent arrival as does His Cross.

The Lord explains these signs thus: “Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors” (Mat. 24:32-33)
Therefore,
concerning the signs that will precede the Second Coming of the Lord,
we have explanations and confirmation from the Saviour Himself, while of the exact date of His coming neither the angels nor even the Son of Man Himself, as man, are informed, but the Father alone knows.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
He Himself said, “There­fore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect” (Matthew 24:44).
Did he?

Am I forcing anyone here to read this?
No you are not, why do you ask? But if you wish only those who conform to your thinking to respond, then a preface as such would be in order. I might ask in rebuttal, are you unsure of what you posit?

Biblical quotes really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things do they? Unless of course you absolutely endorse same as being truth without proof.

Thou hast made this earth with thy hand, the waters thereof, the winds thereof, the trees and herbs thereof, the cattle thereof of every kind, the birds thereof of every kind, the fish thereof of every kind, the creeping things thereof, and the four-footed beasts thereof.
What is truth really, is it wisdom, age of textual quotations or the fallacy one wishes to embrace?

From these words it follows that Christians can and should know the exact date of the Second Coming in order to be ready to accept it.

It is possible only for the approach of the Second Coming to be known by the signs which must come before:
And they will wait throughout eternity for it to come, for it never will.

concerning the signs that will precede the Second Coming of the Lord, ...
He has yet to come for the first time.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The fool hath said in his heart: There is no God (Psalm 13:1).

Sorry if I have offended you in some way about what or who you believe in, but posting this is for anyone that wishes to read.....
I am not going to start anything here because this is a prediction and prophecy forum and this is all it is.....

It's not something that I have predicted, but prophecy of many whom speak of the same thing......concerning the end of times...all living at different times .centuries apart....

QUOTE///"Take heed that no man deceive you.
For many shall come in my name,
saying I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Do not follow them.
For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive,
if possible,
even the elect.
See, I have told you beforehand" (Mt. 24:5, 24; Mrk. 13:6).
The book of Revelation describes some of the striking miracles of the last and ultimate false prophet and promoter of the Antichrist.
The Apostle Paul explains to the Thessalonians that these will be not actual miracles but mere illusions and deceptions of the evil spirits (Rev. 13:13-15, 2 Thes. 2:9

Evil and lawlessness will increase greatly.
As our Lord predicted:
"Because iniquity will abound, the love of many will grow cold" (Mt. 24:12).
The weakening of faith will lead to further moral decline and in turn,
as in a chain reaction,
that will weaken faith even more.

In the following gloomy picture the Apostle Paul depicts the general moral decay prior to the end of the world: "In the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves,
lovers of money,
boasters,
proud,
blasphemers,
disobedient to parents,
unthankful,unholy,
unloving,
unforgiving,
slanderers,
without self-control,
brutal, despisers of good,
traitors,
headstrong,
haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power" (2 Tim 3:1-5).

Now when I see all this and surely I am one of those....Why should I not believe in prophecy that speaks of TRUTH and read something of that which will not benefit me at all...
So that is why I thought that it would interest others to read.....surely there is nothing to lose .....
helen...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Did you ever stop to think that you lose people when you type a long post like that -- once I read the first 1/4 of what you wrote I skipped over the rest --so maybe you should try breaking it down into a few different posts and say why you feel that what you typed is relevant - then you could get more people to respond. And your question "Am I forcing anyone to read this" is a bit offputting. You obviously went thru all the time and effort to gather the information and type it out so you do want people to read it -- I'm just saying make it easier to read and don't jump on people who do read it.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Sorry if I have offended you in some way about what or who you believe in....
I have no idea why you would apologize for something you are not capable of doing, unless you are feeling some angst from my post to which you must be reactionary.

I am not going to start anything here because this is a prediction and prophecy forum and this is all it is.....
It is yes, and as previously stated, your point has not been clarified. But predict away, you join thousands of others currently and likely millions over the last thousands of years. By now we should have had hundreds of armageddons, when the one and only comes the book we call The Bible and its crazy religious offshoots will all have been morphed into something else. Now that is a prediction that is much more plausible than any others surrounding the fallacies in the good book. Unfortunately religious prophecy is how the religious elite keep control of the masses, forever trying to frighten them with doom and gloom, but the masses are awakening. education is proving the undoing of those nefarious tactics.

The book of Revelation describes some of the striking miracles of the last and ultimate false prophet and promoter of the Antichrist.
It describes the Roman empire during the first century, Common Era, and failed to deliver the package.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
``

i had to reply, in 1 part of your lengthly, volumnious...post

there was a passage concerning a St Tarasius;
& a forecasted Holy King whose name begins with I = Iota
and ends with S =Sigma...etc etc
~~~~~~~~~~~
in response i wish to present you with a proposal, to review the Gnostics

[...] Ialdbaoth (Gnostic name of Jehova, the false creator god) did not wish humankind to have any recollection of the Generators, the Cosmic Mothers and Cosmic Fathers on high.

Perhaps the snippetts about a Holy King 'I' _ _ _ _'S'
actually identified the Gnostic Name "I'aldbao'TH' as the ending 'th' might get pronounced as an 'S' sound.

that is as clear as the I.....S being transliterated into John (Iannis)
~~~~~~~~~

about that wedding-marriage;

the Cosmic Mother in Gnosticism centers on 'Sophia

the church of Rome....and also
the church of the once 'new city' ~Constantinople ~Istanbul
Eastern Orthodox Fathers put the diverse 'Mysteries'
as the domain of the Great-Mother, Magna Mater,

the 'Bride' your attempting to flesh out is of course Sophia
(or Mary in Catholicism) and the coming 'Wedding'
will be...well, you'll discover what it is.....

check out Epiphanius of Constantinople www.newadvent.org...

but look further into Epiphanius the Heretic-Hunter
who wrote about infiltrating the 'Ophite Cult'

gaining info from Gnosis &/or Joseph Campbell will
give you another set of glasses with which to read
your prophetic materials, you may find the light
a little brighter and your inner sight , clearer

whoa, there's easter!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Actually it was a ''copy and paste'' from my p.c....
and the reason I did post all of this..... was because I couldn't find it anywhere on the web listed .....so I cannot just cut out someones prophecy .......

St Udio........the name Starting with I....and ending with S.....is as is ......
IANNIS...which is translated from the greek to mean..John....

The prophecy of Constantinople stands as is........Will once again be the Holy city it was known for.....
St Sophia was a church and turned into a Mosque when the turkish forces too over parts of Greece.....(I believe it is now a museum)
The prophecy sais that it will come to be great ....a true Christian Church....

Prophecy is when it comes inspired from our Lord Jesus Christ.......
YES, I do know there are many prophecies OUT THERE.......but who is to say that they are inspired words of God.......
Satan also knows the scriptures.....He tempted Christ with them, saying,''It is written:He shall give His angels charge over you''(Mathew 4:6)

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Helen, When the Antichrist reveals himself, he will force or convince the masses to worship him. By that time, the various denominations of churches will have come together (led by the false prophet) or they will abandon their doctrines in favor of the Antichrist. So, yes, there will be a reunification at some point. It may be before the false prophet shows up or after. However, that does not mean that protestantism will disappear. People who recognize what is happening in advance will take their beliefs underground so to speak. Anyone who refuses to participate in the worship of the Antichrist will be jailed, killed or both, it won't matter whether they are protestant, catholic, hindu, muslim or anything else. Personally, I am non-denomonational. I belive that if mankind puts his grubby little hands on anything it eventually becomes corrupted. Therefore, no single denomonation is perfect. I guess I'll be one of those doing my praying in secret because I have too many doctrine conflicts with the Catholic system to join it whether its united or not. I hope that didn't insult the Catholics out there. All religions and denomonations will be corrupted by the Antichrist. Likewise there will be resisters from all faiths.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The end time prophecies can be applied to every generation before and after their conception.
Another way of saying that is, "There is nothing new under the sun."
It is not hard to say what has always gone on, ie. earthquakes, famines, wars, pestilence and prophesy that they will continue to do so.
Those things have always happened and always will. The end time prophecies are not prophecies. They are observations.
The only divinely inspired truth out of the whole deal is that, the only way to end those problems is to come together in a spirit of love and compassion and work together to solve them, not just for somebodies but for everybody.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by freddieb
The end time prophecies can be applied to every generation before and after their conception.
It is not hard to say what has always gone on, ie. earthquakes, famines, wars, pestilence and prophesy that they will continue to do so.
Those things have always happened and always will. The end time prophecies are not prophecies. They are observations.
The only divinely inspired truth out of the whole deal is that, the only way to end those problems is to come together in a spirit of love and compassion and work together to solve them, not just for somebodies but for everybody.

Yes ..I have to agree with you on coming together in the spirit of LOVE...
BUT .......prophecy is there for the benefit of our soul........
Many prophets have come and gone............many have failed because it was prophecy from their own mind .......they beleived that their revelation was some highly inspired truth.......when in fact true prophecy helps one come to the realization of there being God ,......

The Old Testament speaks of true prophets........and so it was.....all prophecy in the Old Testament came true.....

Revelation speaks of things to happen in the end of days.....Revelation(Apocalypse)......to reveal

Actually, the New Testament speaks of how one should save his soul.... .what he should do and so forth....
Prophecy,
when inspired by genuine people (eg/Saints and rightous people ...Saints mentioned in the Old Testament,working miracles )for the benefit of one saving his soul and not intended for the benefit of the flesh(worldly gain) should at least hear what it has to say......

Antichrists are many, as we are told .......but one whom Prophet Daniel speaks of ,is the Antichrist of our time.....
Yes, wars.....
earth quakes,
ETC..............have happened in the past.......but not to this extent and frequency..
helen....

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The future, holds alot of anwsers.

So does the past!

heres to more study

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It might happen, and if it does, there will be some of us who will not let it simply go over our heads.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by freddieb

Yes ..I have to agree with you on coming together in the spirit of LOVE...
BUT .......prophecy is there for the benefit of our soul........
Many prophets have come and gone............many have failed because it was prophecy from their own mind .......they beleived that their revelation was some highly inspired truth.......when in fact true prophecy helps one come to the realization of there being God ,......

The Old Testament speaks of true prophets........and so it was.....all prophecy in the Old Testament came true.....

I don't understand why these men were seen as prophets. It is not prophecy to make observations and assumptions based upon the state of affairs that exist in the present as was done in the old testament days. Furthermore, to tell a story without any specific players and to make reference to those players in arcane and obscure ways, also, is not prophecy.
We would not be having the conversations about when ,where and who if they were prophetic. The meanings and relative players would not be so obscure.
Why would God find it necessary to play such ludicrous mind games? He doesn't and wouldn't. The divine messages are not obscure riddles. Those are the inventions of man. God's inspired teaching is very straight forward. ie.. The ten commandments, The golden rule. All of the rest is an invention of man to control and subjugate man to men. And to increase the popularity of the prophet or his teachings to the benfit of those with religious power.
Yes, an apocolyptic battle will take place if we don't change our collective attitudes.. You don't need a prophet to tell you that.
These same relative events were happening in Daniel's time and John the Revelator's time. Thousands of years later those relative events are still happening.
There are no great prophets that predict anything other than the obvious and the logical. That is part of the reason why our psyche is willing to even consider that there may be something prophetic in what they say.
It's because what they say is plausible and logical. If they want the prophecy to stand the test of time and by way of covering the prophet's a**, then no specifics are given.
Symbolic language is used to replace specifics. In that way the prophecy an be applied at any time to any generation. And, the symbolism can likewise change through interpretation as it has throughout millenia.
The prophets also used the same trick when speaking to the kings of their day. The king relates a symbolic dream to the prophet, The prophet gives specifics to those symbols. It's the flip side of the same coin. It isn't prophecy.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by freddieb]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
There is not one person who can know the times and dates of the end of the world.......

This is not for us to know...

The reason is because God who is Above all things only knows this...
Peoples prayes and faith delays the coming of the Antichrist.....

Only when the Apostasy is great.......then we shall know that the Antichrist will show himself......

The prophecies relate to SIGNS only and give no DATES.....
helen.....

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Im posting another prophecy.............. which in turn will bring the Antichrist into power...
Not sure? but I think that I did post a thread about this a few yrs back.........but im doing this again...

The web site is in Greek(for any greek speaking people)....I beleive it goes......
www.rel.gr...

Elder Paisios was a holy man who dedicated his life on Mount Athos....Holy mountain ..a man's monastary....
Alot of people went to see him regarding spiritual life .........He Passed away in 1994...(His memory eternal to alot that visited him)

He spoke about the end of times and never hesitated to tell others on their suffering concerning their spiritual soul( He was clairvoyant......a Gift from God....yes its in The New testament regarding spiritual gifts given to US ALL ..whether we use them for ourselves or to help others depends solely on us)
He also refered to other Fathers of the Church St Kosmas being one of them......who spoke of Constantinople given back to the Greeks......
Elder Paisios also spoke of the Kurds.....
The Euphrates River drying up and turks doing some sort of work there...
Please forgive me in my interpretation of this........but will get back on other prophecies of Elder Paisios.......
helen...
sorry had to edit quote////.............. which in turn will bring the Antichrist into power...
Not that the prophecy I put here will bring the Antichrist in power(he only wishes!)
What I meant was that this will be another prophecy that will in turn happen before Antichrist comes into power.....
again, sorry
helen..

[edit on 4/6/2005 by helen670]

Editing ////more interpretation on prophecy....1992 spoken about....
A young Hitler will arise in Germany....
A type of Mussolini in Italy.......
the E.E(which I think that E.Eor EOK in greek means European Union......will be Gone....scattered ?

Turkey will be gone(7 hours will you walk to meet a person)....because of this war.........and Kurds will get their land...
Constantinople will be handed back to the Greeks....

[edit on 4/6/2005 by helen670]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm sorry.
I didn't know I was being preached to. I did not know that this was an evangelical message board. But just to set the record straight, as it regards me.
I do not believe in the God of the Old Testament. Neither do I believe in the God of the Quran. These are, IMHO, selfish , egotistcal personalities that have been responsible for horrific acts of war and desimation. IMHO, these personalities do not possess the qualities necessary for compassion and creation.
I would also say thank you, for posting, at what is obviously a labor intensive effort on your behalf, some of the many "prohetic" writing of the many, "prophets". However, please do not preach to us. To say that this is what you believe is enough. As I have now told you what I believe.
I do not ask you to believe as I do. And I do not believe in obscure prophetic messages.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
freddieb......
Please..........who says that I am preaching to you?

And last time I looked the heading was'''Predictions & Prophecies''

If you dont want to read about what these humble people have/had to say........then no one here is forcing you to.......OR to come here and accuse me of Preaching to you...
You dont want to read.........Thats perfectly fine with me.....
helen...
Glory be to God.....
have a good day!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join