It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP is back on the road to political suicide.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Back before the 2016 election, I had come to the conclusion that the GOP was seriously and with full intent committing political suicide. My theory was that we already, for all intents and purposes, had a one-party system (as I often said, the supposed two parties being nothing more than two sides of the same coin). I really thought that TPTB were just working to make it official. My theory was that the GOP would decimate itself from the inside out and allow its shell to be effectively absorbed by the DNC. Becoming a castrated, gutted and walking-dead shell of itself would effectively let the world know that the US was ruled by a single-party fascist system.

Then The Donald came along and threw a monkey wrench into that machine. Suddenly there was a surge of conservative ideology. Now, I'm not a big Trump worshiper. I've had my questions about his motives all along, but he did do some stuff right. Whether is motives have been truly altruistic or built only on ego and self-aggrandizement (and I suspect a blend of the two), he made waves, he stood against the corrupt system. Those members of the GOP that still held to the idea of party integrity and traditional philosophy were able to catch on to his coattails and ride it out. It lasted for four years, and the opposition, both inside and outside of the GOP, but up with it but bided their time building their strategy to undo it all.

Now that the DNC has pulled off it's tricks and finds itself (by hook or by crook, as one may see it) in a position of control again, it seems to me that the GOP is once again on the road to a self-inflicted death, to committing political suicide. There are a few in the party who seem to be fighting for conservative ideology and values, but much of the party seems, to me, to be allied with the left and working to dilute the entire two-party system into that single-party fascist behemoth that they were working so hard to attain back in the mid-teens. Ultimately, the remains of the old system will be replaced, if their vision is allowed to carry out, with a globalist, elitist, fascist single-party system that will resemble Insoc - maybe even re-named Amfa. (Nah, that'd be too obvious.)

My thoughts, for what you think it worth ...

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Too many GOP "Members" are in the "bought-off" column with a green checkmark 👁️

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
My personal feelings are that these last years are just opportunities to expose the filth from all sides and what is left in a few years will not be recognizable from the current system. What happens between now and then is anybody's guess.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Too many GOP "Members" are in the "bought-off" column with a green checkmark 👁️

A few have, perhaps, been "bought off." The majority of them, I believe (just my opinion) are compromised. I figure there are lots of photographs tucked away in safe boxes and on secure servers of men and women doing things that their mamas would be ashamed of.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
My personal feelings are that these last years are just opportunities to expose the filth from all sides and what is left in a few years will not be recognizable from the current system. What happens between now and then is anybody's guess.

There's no doubt in my mind of what the folks who are in positions of power today want to happen and want the new system to look like. Just give 1984 a read (or re-read, as the case may be) for a good picture of that.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

If the GOP moves more to the center and embraces Donald Trump as its leader, Democrats are toast in 2022 and beyond.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Dominion would disagree.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Then The Donald came along and threw a monkey wrench into that machine. Suddenly there was a surge of conservative ideology.

Trump is not a conservative, he's a populist. If anything, he paid lip service to most traditional conservative ideology.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: carewemust

Dominion would disagree.

Oh no...we cant have that...so the republicans will also cheat with that too.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Then The Donald came along and threw a monkey wrench into that machine. Suddenly there was a surge of conservative ideology.

Trump is not a conservative, he's a populist. If anything, he paid lip service to most traditional conservative ideology.

That's essentially what I meant when I said that I question his motives. I suspect that his drive is, more than anything else, to get his name inscribed permanently in the history books, in a good - or at least positively memorable - light.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

We seem to hear that every few years. "That Party is dead. They will never recover." Democrats were toast after Clinton. Republicans were on their way out after Bush. Democrats were finished after Obama.

Neither party is going anywhere. There will always be the need for a party to blame when the government screws the people. "Look what those [insert party here] have done, throw the bums out and elect the bums we threw out last time." If it ever came down to just one party, then they would have no one to blame when they screw the people.

There is one thing you can say about the Trump presidency. Unlike Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush II, or Obama, the American people had the same rights and liberties when he left office as when he went in. Of course, Biden is already looking to change that.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

And watch what happens if there is an official split in the Republican party and a Trump-based party emerges.

Whatever is left of the GOP will be the most blatant RINOs and Mitt Romney-esque figures that glow in the dark. And the Trump party will be over 70 million strong.

I welcome it.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Yeah, but he really drained that swamp.

Oh no, no he never, my mistake.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

He drew the attention of the swamp for 5 years now, not to mention who knows how many more, and that's not nothing.

Sometimes when you throw a log in the fire it takes a while to catch.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

He drew the attention of the swamp for 5 years now, not to mention who knows how many more, and that's not nothing.

I really wish he had drained the swamp, but the same people are there, holding on to power for their own gain and the advantages of all their lobbyist donors.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The GOP doesn't offer anything substantially different than the Democrats.

More debt, more spending, more gun control, continued wars, more infringements...besides kissing flags, the party doesn't do anything that sets itself apart.

They call themselves conservatives, yet no one knows what they're conserving.

The LP is more more conservative than the GOP.

edit on 16-2-2021 by Zachsquatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If the GOP moves more to the center and embraces Donald Trump as its leader, Democrats are toast in 2022 and beyond.

They can't do both at the same time--that's their dilemma. That means that some fraction of the current Republican party will continue to align with Trump (looking at you, Lindsey Graham) and some fraction will splinter off (looking at you Mitt Romney, Mitch McConnell). Neither splinter will be large enough, by itself, to win a national election, even with the electoral college advantage. This was predictable in 2016.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Back before the 2016 election, I had come to the conclusion that the GOP was seriously and with full intent committing political suicide. My theory was that we already, for all intents and purposes, had a one-party system (as I often said, the supposed two parties being nothing more than two sides of the same coin). I really thought that TPTB were just working to make it official. My theory was that the GOP would decimate itself from the inside out and allow its shell to be effectively absorbed by the DNC. Becoming a castrated, gutted and walking-dead shell of itself would effectively let the world know that the US was ruled by a single-party fascist system.

Then The Donald came along and threw a monkey wrench into that machine. Suddenly there was a surge of conservative ideology. Now, I'm not a big Trump worshiper. I've had my questions about his motives all along, but he did do some stuff right. Whether is motives have been truly altruistic or built only on ego and self-aggrandizement (and I suspect a blend of the two), he made waves, he stood against the corrupt system. Those members of the GOP that still held to the idea of party integrity and traditional philosophy were able to catch on to his coattails and ride it out. It lasted for four years, and the opposition, both inside and outside of the GOP, but up with it but bided their time building their strategy to undo it all.

Now that the DNC has pulled off it's tricks and finds itself (by hook or by crook, as one may see it) in a position of control again, it seems to me that the GOP is once again on the road to a self-inflicted death, to committing political suicide. There are a few in the party who seem to be fighting for conservative ideology and values, but much of the party seems, to me, to be allied with the left and working to dilute the entire two-party system into that single-party fascist behemoth that they were working so hard to attain back in the mid-teens. Ultimately, the remains of the old system will be replaced, if their vision is allowed to carry out, with a globalist, elitist, fascist single-party system that will resemble Insoc - maybe even re-named Amfa. (Nah, that'd be too obvious.)

My thoughts, for what you think it worth ...

These are my thoughts as someone who is left leaning:
1. There are not GOPers working with Dems
2. Romney, Murkowski, Collins and the rest of the "moderates/RINOs" are not moderates in the eyes of the left. They are old guard GOPers.
3. The old guard GOPers and battling whatever these new GOP is. There are talk that there more moderate GOP factions is trying to organize to launch a Third Party. I think they should, that would split the "conservatives" and make more room for us to govern.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I really wish he had drained the swamp, but the same people are there, holding on to power for their own gain and the advantages of all their lobbyist donors.

We The People let crap build up for decades, allow corruption to take root over many, many successive election cycles, vote with apathy, ignorance and greed as our primary platforms, then expect somebody to come in and clean up our mess in four short years?

It doesn't work that way. If Donald Trump really wanted (wants) to "drain the swamp," he can't do it without the backing of the people.

Sadly, it seems that a critical mass of The People are just f*****g idiots.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zachsquatch
The GOP doesn't offer anything substantially different than the Democrats.

More debt, more spending, more gun control, continued wars, more infringements...besides kissing flags, the party doesn't do anything that sets itself apart.

They call themselves conservatives, yet no one knows what they're conserving.

The LP is more more conservative than the GOP.

This is my point. There are a few within the GOP who would do that route, but the party as a whole is no different from "opposition."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join