It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacking old folks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

My dad actually did a pretty good job of it when I got older and did something stupid that didn't require a spanking. We were in a 3 bedroom house and the spare room had nothing but a couple of pieces of furniture. He pulled out the guest bed, changed the knob on my bedroom to a key lock, and I slept in the spare room with access to nothing. I was allowed to go in to get clothes for school and that was about it.

It did teach me a few things, one of them was that he was creative with his punishments. He didn't take screen time away from me, as I didn't really watch TV when I was younger. It did remove access to my books, which I tended (and still do) read a book a week at least. The only issue with this punishment was that he would leave for work before I had to leave for school, now he did lock the door behind him after I had picked out my clothes for the day, then would head out to work. Turns out popping open a window with a couple of flat head screwdrivers is pretty easy.
So yes it taught me something, probably the wrong thing however. Thankfully our house backed up to the woods otherwise some neighbor may have called the cops on me.

On to the thread topic, people attacking the elderly is a very good reason for the elderly to be armed. I pity the poor sucker that goes after my dad, former marine and always has a pistol on him. "Call an ambulance! But not for me."

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

After the traffic incident we came up with a game to teach him boundaries. We taught him to put his hands on the car and keep them there. If one of us could catch him with his hands off the car, then we "dumped" him in the trunk (us pretending to put him in the trunk headfirst saying the word "dump!" two or three times). It was always fun with lots of laughing for all parties, maybe some tickling, but the idea of being shut in the trunk for the ride home was just scary enough that he never quite wanted to get caught with his hands off the car either (it could have backfired horrendously had he decided he liked the "dumping" bit too much). We got raised eyebrows a few times though.

It ended up teaching him a good margin of distance to maintain in a parking lot. We reasoned that anything that got close enough to hit him was also hitting the car, and that wasn't going to be his fault and bigger problem than him being unaware of traffic.

My parents did set a curfew, but I could call for extra time or to let them know I was going to be late for some reason or other. Generally, it was 10 on school nights, 9 on competition nights, and midnight on the weekends. They were pretty free with the extra time so long as they knew where I was and what I was up to, and in return I didn't push it very often and abuse the privilege. The only one that was really set in stone was the competition night one, but I was serious enough that I wasn't going to stretch that for anything outside of emergencies.

We're working that in with our kiddo at the moment. There are two or three places in the neighborhood we're good with him being, but he has to let us know where he's planning to be. We usually only say no if there's a good reason to.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Did the elderly person wear any clothing or apparel that would identify him towards a political ideology?

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I have an answer for you but, unfortunately, it's against the rules to post it.

Suffice to say that if you aren't taught right from wrong when you are young you will likely never learn what right means.

People like this are pure animal.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: lordcomac
When you raise children without discipline, they grow up to be monsters.

Spank your kids when they deserve it- do it for them, do it for all of us.

Actually I can provide you names of dozens of psychopaths and serial killers who were spanked and disciplined as children and still turned out evil. I mean it's easy to find, Google it and you'll have countless of examples.

You're already introducing your child to violence by spanking it. However, several of those who turn in to violent psychopaths have one thing in common, more or less. And that is that they were let down by adults at some point in their young life's.

And I'm sure you can find examples of contrary where children were let down and still have become great people. There's no recipe for racing children that is 100% bulletproof. I believe in raisi g children with love rather than violence. But that's just me

Spanking has worked pretty well for thousands of years. Love AND discipline.

Thank you. Animals don't take crap from their young. Neither should we.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Trueman

I'm not trying to be difficult, you can find this easily if you really want to see it.
I don't want to see it again, ever.

I understand what you mean. Sometimes I wish superheroes were real, just to fix bad people without making bureaucratic circles.

We got smacked upside the head if we screwed up. Pain is a great motivator.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody
Critical thinking is lacking from some posters here.

Really disappointed that the most vocal people are the abusers.

I bet instead of spanking, you'd rather torture the child for 16 years with passive aggressive tones and slamming doors in the middle of the night.

Given the context of your posts.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: network dude
How does a person become that evil? Is it taught, or embedded in the genetic code? I see it as a flaw, one that needs corrected.

Good luck with that. Certain people are Hell-bent-for-Leather in reshaping society. They've got to introduce a bit of anarchy to speed change.

Best medicine for an anarchist? Find out where they reside and burn the place to the ground. Then ... follow them to their next friend's house. Rinse and repeat.

Come on over. I got something for you.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

Most every creature in the animal kingdom disciplines their young with a mix of love and discipline which does generally include some form of force. Notice they don't massacre their own young, but they will demonstrate the danger of lack of manners and social graces.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Bluntone22

17 years for using a taser on a 71 yo. I forgot its the US, gotta keep the free labour for the prison industrial complex supplied

Simple solution: don't taze 71 year olds, and you don't go to prison.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If this is about the attacks on elderly Asians that I read about, I know some who are taking classes and arming up.
edit on 10 2 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Precisely why US cities are no-go zones for the elderly. I feel sorry for the ones that cant leave, but really, they have no business being there.

I am elderly (70)and have gone into those no go zones.

But i carry my walkng stick.
But its really a two piece bo staff/ eskrima sticks.
zapboy.com...

I spent a year in the Philippines while in the navy and took the training.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I gotta get me one of those!

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Precisely why US cities are no-go zones for the elderly. I feel sorry for the ones that cant leave, but really, they have no business being there.

What kind of hysterical bullsh*t is that? How many times a day/week/month/year do you come across stories like this?

I’m in Ft. Lauderdale, if that were even remotely true, I wouldn’t be able to walk up a sidewalk without tripping over a beaten elderly person.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Never had any issues with my kids.
NEVER hit nor spanked them.
They turned
out to be beautiful human beings.
A couple of occasions,
when they were months old,
I tapped their hand
when they had their thumb in
their mouth
And that was it.
COMMUNICATION IS learning !
In our family open dialog is
the 'understanding',
respecting, spending time with elders,
and
"the family that prays together
stays together" works.
Acting out, hitting, spanking, is
neanderthalish and can escalate.
Brain 'wiring',
development has a lot to do with
toxins, lead, alcohol, which spanking
will not cure.
Also as it's said "nuts do not fall far
from the tree" so I imagine stuff
like that can sometimes run in the family.

edit on 11/2/21 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

If it's the only solution that you can think of, then you are the problem.

aNtifa

They literally have ZERO other solutions

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: lordcomac
When you raise children without discipline, they grow up to be monsters.

Spank your kids when they deserve it- do it for them, do it for all of us.

The subject came up with our son just yesterday. I forget exactly what prompted him to say something about it (I think it was his frustration with at-home schooling; we've had a couple snow/extreme cold days, and thanks to COVID, they learn remotely now), but I told him that discipline for defying authority starts when kids are young.

I said the reason for that is that when you're young, it looks like an annoying temper tantrum, but if it isn't fixed and disrespect continues, it turns into kids who end up shot by law enforcement because they can't do what they're told when they're angry and lash out and attack.

I said we'd rather him know how to control himself and get through it alive so it can sorted out later than end up throwing the young adult version of a tantrum and dead.

So ... we started with discipline when he was young, so he knows how to respect authority, and we continue on to this day.

Honestly, we only spanked him a few times. Other methods were effective.

You’re messed up equating your child’s temper tantrum to an event in which the police come and shoot them. You parent not in reality but on lies, kind of twisted.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I don't think this phenomenon is just about elderly Asian folks.

This is video of the actor Rick Moranis (a.k.a. Vince Klortho, The Keymaster) getting sucker punched on the streets of NYC back last October.

The video speaks for itself.

Attacked. Reason? "Walking while being an elderly white male".

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If it's the video I think it is, he looks enraged, every muscle tense, like his adrenalin is at maximum fight-or-flight levels. The attacker's actions and body language are incomprehensible to me; the old man looked too frail to harm a puppy, much less a fast, quick healthy-looking young man. Perhaps the old guy gave him a dirty look or flipped him off? I'd like to know what provoked him and his female companion.

I've seen plenty of videos of unprovoked attacks where the assailant seemed to be doing it for "fun," albeit a very cruel, callous, impulsive kind of fun. The attack on the old Asian gent didn't seem like that. His assailant ran across the street to attack him, then stood above him afterward yelling something IIRC.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

No.

Kids start with pushing the bounds of authority young. It manifests with acting out and tantrums. They need to start learning how to behave, how to be respectful and how to question authority respectfully early. Good parents start them learning these skills at that age so that by the time they get to the age when they might run into serious trouble, they have those social skills and the ability to control impulses so they don't act out in dangerous ways that might get them killed.

That's what a tantrum is - acting out on emotional impulse. Sometimes there's a valid reason for it, but they have to learn how to control those impulses and channel them into better, more productive ways to deal with their needs and emotions. By the time a kid runs into the cops, which you hope never happens, you hope you've taught them better than to get angry and lash out (adult equivalent of a tantrum) putting themselves into danger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join