It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 is absolutely a seasonal virus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

It's the common cold under a new name.

www.merckmanuals.com...

Common colds are among the most common illnesses. Many different viruses (rhinoviruses, adenoviruses, coronaviruses, and human metapneumoviruses cause colds, but rhinoviruses (of which there are more than 100 subtypes) cause most colds.

I seem to be agreeing mostly with you here. Although I do wonder why the corona virus is suddenly more prevalent than the rhinovirus now? (see rest of text from the source in bold)

Or did you mean it's just the rhinovirus still, but they're calling it corona now? What are your thoughts on this?

Common colds are among the most common illnesses. Many different viruses (rhinoviruses, adenoviruses, coronaviruses, and human metapneumoviruses) cause colds, but rhinoviruses (of which there are more than 100 subtypes) cause most colds.
Thanks
FA

edit on 9-2-2021 by FinallyAwake because: Bolding

edit on 9-2-2021 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2021 by FinallyAwake because: Because dumb

edit on 2/9/21 by Hefficide because: To remove profanity from quoted text

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: darkbake

There are plenty of places where you can view the data and they've marked where mask ordinances went into effect. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that masks have little if any effect on what the virus does. Some places the cases appear to go down, in others they were already going down, in some places cases were low and then spike sky high anyhow. The only clear pattern is that there is no clear pattern. And if there is no real pattern, then it cannot be said that masks do much of anything one way or the other.

So wear it if it makes you feel safer. I'm not going to tell you not to, but there's really nothing clearly compelling to suggest that everyone will drop over dead if they don't choose to.

Wearing a mask is not and has never been about making YOU safer, it's always been stated as assisting in lowering the chance of you transmitting to others if you have the virus.

If you seriously don't know that then it goes to show the value of all the comments you have been making.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Great post, I also think Covid is a manipulation by Govs and big entities BUT....

That graph is the EXACT same shape for the UK and we are in the middle of winter.

No the graphs are not, July for Australia is winter (obviously) when our figures were down. Ours spiked late December/through January which would map to the seasons.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Excellent, S&F, logical, uses facts and statistics.

But to burst your bubble, this has never been about a "virus" or even stopping a "virus."

The virus excuse has been a vector for taking control of large parts of the world's economy, getting millions of people addicted to state support, consolidating a public/private oligarchy of ruling class politicians and mega global corporations.

Glen Beck did a brilliant program on his radio show about this last week.

You're trying to make logical sense of lockdowns and mask requirements out of logical statistical evidence, and just proving that the reaction to the "virus" does not match any reasonable preventive measure.

But, forget about the virus for a minute, if you look at the preventive measures in context of "how would a global political/mega corporation oligarchy consolidate power" theory, everything they've done has made sense.
edit on 9-2-2021 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

EDIT: to be clear, the data from most countries strengthens the hypothesis that Covid-19 is seasonal.
edit on 9/2/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

So everyone who comes to Australia comes from the same season as you Aussies are in?

The point though is that with a seasonal virus, certain seasons are more conducive to spread of this kind of virus than others so even if someone came in from outside with it, in some seasons that virus is more likely to spread more readily than others.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

It's the common #ing cold under a new name.

www.merckmanuals.com...

Common colds are among the most common illnesses. Many different viruses (rhinoviruses, adenoviruses, coronaviruses, and human metapneumoviruses cause colds, but rhinoviruses (of which there are more than 100 subtypes) cause most colds.

What are your thoughts on this?

We know the "corona" tests are worthless, giving false positive readings sometimes over 50% (worse than a coin toss).

Nobody tests for the "common cold" symptoms. You get a fever and a runny nose, you stay in bed.

Lab testing for the flu is rarely done anymore. I had the flu two years ago and the doctor diagnosed it over the phone with about ten questions.

Add in media and government hysteria over the corona and what do you get?

Anyone with a sniffle (remember, ordinarily they'd just stay home or ignore it) is getting a test that gives over 50% false positive results.

Bingo bango, "pandemic".

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Oh no, I get that I might be a mysterious asymptomatic.

But it's still about making me safer because if *I* don't have it, you might.

And since the media has cultivated this image of the magical ninja virus that's so deadly, most of us don't even know we have it, everyone is deathly afraid of other healthy people. Does that seem right to you?
edit on 9-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

There are plenty of places where you can view the data and they've marked where mask ordinances went into effect. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that masks have little if any effect on what the virus does. Some places the cases appear to go down, in others they were already going down, in some places cases were low and then spike sky high anyhow. The only clear pattern is that there is no clear pattern. And if there is no real pattern, then it cannot be said that masks do much of anything one way or the other.

So wear it if it makes you feel safer. I'm not going to tell you not to, but there's really nothing clearly compelling to suggest that everyone will drop over dead if they don't choose to.

Wearing a mask is not and has never been about making YOU safer, it's always been stated as assisting in lowering the chance of you transmitting to others if you have the virus.

If you seriously don't know that then it goes to show the value of all the comments you have been making.

So what you're saying is that masks only work in one direction: on the exhale and not the inhale? Because if it doesn't protect me by wearing one, that means it doesn't work on the inhale.

Next question: what if I wear the mask inside-out, will it then protect *me* on the inhale?

Edit: Many of us called BS on this "my mask protects you ..." slogan as just so much propaganda, or, as I noted almost a year ago, "wait for it ... 'your vaccine protects me ..." which would then make you a public health hazard if you don't get the vaccine, which then would become mandatory.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

And since the media has cultivated this image of the magical ninja virus that's so deadly, most of us don't even know we have it, everyone is deathly afraid of other healthy people. Does that seem right to you?

No, you incorrectly stated that people should wear a mask if it makes them feel safe when that's not the reason, you are helping to keep others safe.

You just basically don't seem to get it but like to try and imply you do.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   

End of winter Aus goes down, middle of winter UK goes down....

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

No, you incorrectly stated that people should wear a mask if it makes them feel safe when that's not the reason, you are helping to keep others safe.

You just basically don't seem to get it but like to try and imply you do.

No, I get it.

We are being told that we may have the virus but not know it because it doesn't produce symptoms in most people who have it. So in order to not spread it, we have to wear masks everywhere.

I have questions about this. You don't like that I have questions about it. That's what *you* don't understand.

You're rather like my OBGYN who got angry with me when I was pregnant because when she went to give me the Rhogam shot, which I know darn good and well what it is for (I'm O- blood, and in a Rh- mother, if the baby is Rh+ there can be serious complications without it because my immune system could attack the baby), I asked if it was necessary because my husband is also Rh- blood type.

I wasn't saying "no" to it, I just really wanted to know if there was a reason and what it was. I was curious and interested.

I am still curious and interested, but today, no one answers questions. They instead tell you to shut up, and that makes me skeptical because it makes me think there is no good reason.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

So what you're saying is that masks only work in one direction: on the exhale and not the inhale? Because if it doesn't protect me by wearing one, that means it doesn't work on the inhale.

Next question: what if I wear the mask inside-out, will it then protect *me* on the inhale?

Edit: Many of us called BS on this "my mask protects you ..." slogan as just so much propaganda, or, as I noted almost a year ago, "wait for it ... 'your vaccine protects me ..." which would then make you a public health hazard if you don't get the vaccine, which then would become mandatory.

Do you seriously only get your information on things of this importance from sites like this?

Yes, the mask is to help (but not completely remove) the risk of you spreading. Would there be an advantage from an inhale perspective? Logically yes, but that's not the point. if you sneeze/cough on me and you aren't wearing a mask but I am, it may protect me from breathing it in at that point but the actual virus you may have but don't realise has just been transmitted to my clothing/skin/hair where it will live quite happily for up to a few hours, any time in which I may inadvertently contract it, I take off my coat (get microbes on hand) put hand in front of mouth to stifle a yawn as a bland example.

I really thought after almost a year of this people would have that level of awareness.
edit on 9-2-2021 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not really, you don't post questions, you post statements based on your understanding and presuppose them as facts. I don't think that's clever, there's nothing over and above that for me to understand.

Ask questions you may get answers. Ask them on ATS and for the most part you will get opinion which you may choose to like because is matches your own belief, or not like because it doesn't.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Not really, you don't post questions, you post statements based on your understanding and presuppose them as facts. I don't think that's clever, there's nothing over and above that for me to understand.

Ask questions you may get answers. Ask them on ATS and for the most part you will get opinion which you may choose to like because is matches your own belief, or not like because it doesn't.

I ask questions here. I've asked the same questions multiple times in a thread before and not received an answer.

I didn't tell you, however, that I came here into this thread to ask questions. I don't expect to receive knowledge from you. You've made your position very clear - If I don't behave as you expect, then I am dumb and want people to die.

I merely said I had questions. I'd like to ask them of people who can answer them. For the record, I am not the only one making statements based on understanding and thinking themselves clever here.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I can see how wearing a mask would reduce the aerosols you may cough or sneeze out, but it is well proven that the majority of flu infections occur by transmission through the hands.

Get sick, cough in your hands, and start grabbing door handles and you will infect a whole office building of hundreds of people. Just walking into a building sick without a mask isn't the best or most efficient way to spread a virus.

I know this for a fact, I tested it in the 80s when they were debating hand transmission as the main route of infection. Got a whole dept sick by purposely coughing in my hand before opening doors in the building, and it was one hell of a flu bug I had that year. I infected hundreds that way, lucky no one died that I know of, pretty stupid, but I was young and dumb and wanted to test the "science" at the time, they were right, cough in your inside elbow, not your hand.

ETA: Kind of looks like I have had Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD) for some 30+ years it seems.

edit on 9-2-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Nope, you've made several statements you've presented in this thread as fact, one question about Australia, the rest statements based on your opinion. You've even made them about what I think in your response which is nothing like the truth.

You could at least accept that.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Yep, which is why in the UK at least the mantra is 'hands, face, space' wash hands, wear a mask and socially distance.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

End of winter Aus goes down, middle of winter UK goes down....

Yes, which meant the graph didn't match as the graph showed months, not seasons. I know it's pedantic but..............

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

Do you seriously only get your information on things of this importance from sites like this?

Yes, the mask is to help (but not completely remove) the risk of you spreading. Would there be an advantage from an inhale perspective? Logically yes, but that's not the point. if you sneeze/cough on me and you aren't wearing a mask but I am, it may protect me from breathing it in at that point but the actual virus you may have but don't realise has just been transmitted to my clothing/skin/hair where it will live quite happily for up to a few hours, any time in which I may inadvertently contract it, I take off my coat (get microbes on hand) put hand in front of mouth to stifle a yawn as a bland example.

I really thought after almost a year of this people would have that level of awareness.

So what you're saying is ... completely different than your post that I responded to. Got it. Never actually respond.

Hey, didn't your boy Biden say "we'll follow the science"?

So what's with this:

Logically yes,

That's you. I just quoted you.

Where's the science bro?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join