It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experience With Covid-19 and Some Words of Comfort

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I decided to join ATS after a long while. I don't really pay attention to all of the political jib-jabs going on in the news, on social media websites, etc so pretty much have ignored most websites and news the past many months. I did visit ever so often to read the threads about COVID-19.

I was on quarantine just like a lot of you for a large portion of 2020, but started to work about the last quarter of 2020. During that time I somehow came into contact with the virus, I don't know how.

So this is my personal experience with it so far and some comfort for those who want to listen to it. I was actually incited to write this after one of the first posts I made on this website was an attack from a poster. I mean I got attacked almost immediately when I said that God can reveal himself to anyone he wants to. The very tersely worded first reply to me on ATS made me think of writing this thread.

(Link to a reply to my post about my personal experience with God:Link)

December 10 I woke up with my back neck muscle in a lot of pain. I couldn't move or do anything it was so painful. I didn't understand why, this had never happened to me. I went about three days like this until the pain started to ease up when my wife got a fever and a real bad headache. I told her she should test for COVID-19. It came back positive. But all she had was a low-grade fever and a headache for a few days. Then I got it. And a week past and we thought welp that was easy. All through this time I had a pain in my chest that started almost unperceptibly, but because of the pandemic and my heightened sense I noticed it and paid attention to it. It kept getting worse day after day. Until December 20 I was in constant extreme pain in my chest. My wife was also now in bed. What we thought was something not that bad started turning into something that was worrying me.

She had myalgia and so did I. I would get up in the morning to make my bed and after extending the blanket I had no more strength for anything and my chest was hurting worse. A friend called and said we should get an oximeter to monitor our heart rate and oxygen levels. Oxygen levels were good. My wife's heart rate was fine, mine started to go very erratic. Then there was a period of time from December 21-25 when I couldn't sleep. Every single time I tried to sleep my heart would race and jerk me awake. Once I literally felt my heart jump as I was just falling to sleep. And then I was scared my heart was getting damaged and my lungs were because of the constant pain that kept getting worse and worse. I had no energy, constant bad headache, fever, and now tachycardia.

I told my wife I needed to check to see if I had pneumonia because of my constant chest pain and me being cautious. So the doctor had an array of blood tests done on me and told me they were all fine. That is I didn't have pneumonia. Now through this really difficult period where I couldn't even sleep I was praying to God for understanding and wisdom to get me through the predicament.

I would read the Bible late at night when I couldn't sleep and felt God's spirit and his comfort. On December 21, when I couldn't sleep at all because of the tachycardia I had developed, and I was monitoring my heart rate and oxygen levels, the heart rate when from as low as 50 to as high as 145 in a matter of seconds. Up and down up and down, all over the place. I have Valerian root, and would boil it and make a tea out of it, and noticed it helped a lot. Also I would breath in vapor with water boiled in eucalyptus leaves, that seemed to alleviate some of the chest pain.

I asked my doctor why my chest hurt so much of I didn't have pneumonia, he said that everyone that gets COVID-19 gets lung damage, even if they don't have symptoms (are asymptomatic). Also it may have done some damage to my heart.

Some of the comforting scriptures I felt God showing me while going through this. one I couldn't sleep on December 21 I read through Luke 12 and these words stuck in my mind as if I was being told, don't worry, don't be anxious:

(Luke 12:22) Then he said to his disciples: “That is why I say to you, stop being anxious about your lives as to what you will eat or about your bodies as to what you will wear.

(Luke 12:25) Who of you by being anxious can add a cubit to his life span?

(Luke 12:26) If, therefore, you cannot do such a small thing, why be anxious about the remaining things?

It was as if God was telling me, calm down, don't be anxious, why are you being anxious. Calm down. This helped me relax and calm down. I think this helped me greatly with healing and with my heart. I have talked with close relatives and others who have had COVID-19 and even a Doctor who is a friend, an anesthesiologist, and a number reported having tachycardia, even months after having COVID-19. An uncle of my wife told me he still is shaken awake at night from his heart racing like I was going through.

On December 26 when I couldn't sleep I was up all night praying and reading the Bible to help pass the time and find comfort. And I was directed, I am sure, without a doubt by the spirit of God to read this scripture:

(Isaiah 49:15) Can a woman forget her nursing child Or have no compassion for the son of her womb? Even if these women forget, I would never forget you.

I found great comfort in the knowledge that not only was god listening to my prayers but he was responding, telling me he was listening to me. He was paying special attention and would never forget me.

On the 28th of December after being awoke from the tachycardia, and praying and then reading scripture to calm down I was directed to another comforting scripture:

(Isaiah 26:3) You will safeguard those who fully lean on you; You will give them continuous peace, Because it is in you that they trust.

This really calmed me down and gave me the strength I feel I needed. I never panicked or was worried through the crisis, because, as I have said, I kept close to God and prayed continuously and read his word and let him speak back to me. When you do this you will know when God is speaking to you from his word, his holy spirit opens your heart to understand he is speaking with you personally. That he cares for you. That he notices you.

Well, all through January I have been under the weather, the pain is still in my chest, and I had 3 weeks of diarrhea and feeling weak.

So that leads up to the end of January, today.

I got it easy. I know a lot of people, well, more than two handfuls, personally, who have died of COVID-19. I have attended over 10 funerals in the past two weeks on Zoom of people either my wife or I knew who have died. Ranging from 32 years old to 95 years old.

Welp that's it. Take it for what it is. If you are skeptic you can keep it to yourself. I am not here to argue the existence of God or his ability to answer prayers by using his word in the Bible. But if you do believe in God, or take comfort in my experience maybe this is God's way of reaching out to you to let you know he is there and is listening and cares about you.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Belief in god can make you feel less stressed or fearful, which can help to control how your body overreacts to microbes including viruses. Glad to see you made it through the Covid all right.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story with us here on ATS. I am glad you decided to join us! God bless.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightHawk
I am so sorry that you had such a long, bad reaction to the Covid. Also sorry that someone that someone was moved to attack you for your beliefs. I am also a believer. My experience with Covid was so mild. About 6 days of being so weak three days of being so hungry and nauseated at the same time, one day of loose bowels, two days of headache, no fever or congestion at all. Hubby had covid so he made me go and get tested. Sure enough I was positive. The pastor of my Church gave a sermon today about living in fear and how this is an afront to God's soverignity. He will deliver his children from whatever has made them fearful. Either He will bring you thru the situation, or he will remove you from it, by taking you home.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes I agree. I have to say, that I was never as in tune to my body and how it was feeling and reacting in my life as I was since I got COVID-19.

I have come to the realization, we all know it, but it hits home real hard, how fragile the human body is. How delicate we are, and how quickly our life can be taken if we don't take care of it.

I was thinking of a few things I wanted to add as well. Starting in May I went on a Candida cleanse because I felt as if my body was struggling with Candida after doing extensive research online because of symptoms of various things I was having. So I got some Dr. Tobias Candida Support along with Probiotics. And for 2 months took it and went on a strict Keto diet, low sugar, low carbohydrates, no wheat products. And I went from being 210 lbs to 180 (and since I am down to 165 lbs). I think the Candida cleanse as well as losing the weight also helped. I am glad my wife recommended it and I listened and was proactive before we got sick.

We also started to take Vitamin D, C, Zinc, and I take melatonin at night. I think all of this helped as well.
edit on 1-2-2021 by MidnightHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: justdust

That does remind me of losing my appetite one day and then getting super hungry the next day. I am glad that you and your husband came out alright.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Awesome Awesome...Thank You for sharing this....

Good job getting through the hard times and leaning on Jesus

very inspirational and comforting amid these uncertain times..

I was super sick for a couple days and was absolutely miserable....I feel like God made me better pretty quick and I'm so grateful.
edit on 1-2-2021 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   

"It was as if God was telling me, calm down, don't be anxious, why are you being anxious. Calm down. This helped me relax and calm down."

That's the holy spirit.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I have hyper awareness of my heart and panic disorder..

I know what it's like to have anxiety and your heart making it impossible to sleep and it is miserable....your OP resonated with me and I appreciate it...

Also I feel God was speaking to me through your words the way they relate with thoughts I have been having..

Some of my favorite scriptures you have shared as well

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Glad to hear you made it through Covid.

My Husband and I have a dear friend who has been in the hospital with covid for a week now. He has pneumonia. He has diabetes and other health issues. Marcel believes in God and in the power of prayers. The guy is like a Brother to my Husband which makes it more difficult.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Glad to hear you made it through Covid.

My Husband and I have a dear friend who has been in the hospital with covid for a week now. He has pneumonia. He has diabetes and other health issues. Marcel believes in God and in the power of prayers. The guy is like a Brother to my Husband which makes it more difficult.

Thank you. And I am sorry to hear that. Perhaps, sharing one or two of the scriptures with the person may give them a little comfort. I have a lot of sad stories I can relate about friends and even a relative who were in the same position, and unfortunately not a few have died.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I gets me emotional how much you rely to the best survival book ever written.

Thanks for your testimony, all glory to God, amen.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Glad you are ok. No one should attack you if those are your beliefs. You are lucky. My best friend and her husband had it in December as well. She was like your wife, her husband had similar symptoms to yours. His doc said he also had pneumonia. When his heart started racing up to 145-150 the EMS came and took him to the hospital. They had to surgically remove 30cc of blood clots from his lungs and stated he was having heart failure as well. He's slowly recovering at home now.

I hope you both have no lingering effects.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Your doctor said that “everyone who gets covid gets lung damage?” None of the 30+ people I personally know who tested positive for covid-19, including my 77 year-old dad, have any lung damage from it. None.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Thank you for posting this, and God Bless you and your wife!

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My experience with the Covid actually wasn't too bad. Twinges of pain in the chest but never felt unhealthy though. However I had Covid toe though. But what I think saved me was in 2019 I fell and bruised a kidney and it took two weeks to get back on my feet and get back to work. And in Jan. of 2020 the endocrinologist prescribed 50,000 IU pill of Vit. D2. Vitamin D being one of the possible treatments for Covid later to turn up.

But in March both middle toes on my feet turned black. Looked like gas gangrene. But then they came back. But I still have the nasty picture I sent to my Dr. if anyone wants to see it.

Oh, and in December one morning I woke up went to eat breakfast and realized I had no sense of taste or smell. And was a bit groggy too. And still having some of the D2 pills I took one. 4 hours later I was fine. But a few days later a couple of toes discolored for 2-3 days. But nowhere near as bad as the first time.
edit on 1-2-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Yes post it please

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Glad you are ok. No one should attack you if those are your beliefs. You are lucky. My best friend and her husband had it in December as well. She was like your wife, her husband had similar symptoms to yours. His doc said he also had pneumonia. When his heart started racing up to 145-150 the EMS came and took him to the hospital. They had to surgically remove 30cc of blood clots from his lungs and stated he was having heart failure as well. He's slowly recovering at home now.

I hope you both have no lingering effects.

In the blood tests the Doctor checked for blood clots. He said I was fine. He also said that I had O+ blood. And that the way COVID-19 works (it was a lot of medical terms I don't remember) people with O+ were a lot less likely to get blood clots than those with A+ and B+. Sorry to hear about your friend.

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Your doctor said that “everyone who gets covid gets lung damage?” None of the 30+ people I personally know who tested positive for covid-19, including my 77 year-old dad, have any lung damage from it. None.

That was in the context of his saying that they have taken young healthy 18-year-olds who had tested positive with COVID-19 who had no symptoms like you said and did X-Rays and lung damage was discovered. He said this happened with everyone who have had X-Rays done on their lungs who have gotten the virus.

He also said they are expecting everyone to get the virus eventually.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Glad to hear you were thoroughly checked and are on the mend.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Do you remember if the Dr said anything about RH- bloodtypes?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join