It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 169
<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Sorcery is real. I can't speak for you as I know nothing of you, but your statements are very dogmatic and have dismissed out what I have related to know personally as if you know it is false.

You can't really expect me to take you seriously now do you, since you don't take me seriously?

Let me put it this way, your statements make you appear arrogant and overbearing, shutting down immediately the personal experiences of another person, as if you have a far greater understanding of the universe. Is it perhaps I that have a clearer perception of realities which you know nothing about and so pharisaicly deny out of hand.

Attacking another person and their personal experiences, and ignoring them, and being so overbearing wins you no points.
edit on 31-1-2021 by MidnightHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Sorry, I wanted to quote the post and not just reply to it:

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: MidnightHawk

There is no such thing as sorcery or witchcraft, just silly people playing there own game of dungeons and dragons. When you buy into it you are just playing the game. Personal experience of god proves nothing. Ii's just delusional thinking and confirmation bias. I recommend you watch 'The Atheist Experience', you might lean something and free yourself from superstition. You certainly won't learn anything from this thread.

Oh and a clue about that 'unseen world' lies in the word 'unseen'. You couldn't make it up. Well I suppose someone did so I take that back. No wonder the world's in the state it is with people still believing all this garbage. Perhaps it's some sort of coping mechanism to deal with the harsh realities of life.

Sorcery is real. I can't speak for you as I know nothing of you, but your statements are very dogmatic and have dismissed out of hand what I have related to know personally as if you know it is false.

You can't really expect me to take you seriously now do you, since you don't take me seriously?

Let me put it this way, your statements make you appear arrogant and overbearing, shutting down immediately the personal experiences of another person, as if you have a far greater understanding of the universe. Is it perhaps I that have a clearer perception of realities which you know nothing about and so pharisaicly deny out of hand.

Attacking another person and their personal experiences, and ignoring them, and being so overbearing wins you no points.
edit on 31-1-2021 by MidnightHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'm not here to win points. Sometimes the truth is a bitter pill to swallow I get that. You should be thanking me for taking the time to address your comment. Sorcery isn't real it's just adult fairy stories that people can't let go of. If you had a clearer perception of reality you wouldn't be using the word 'realities'.

It's not you I'm attacking it's the constant spreading of nonsensical beliefs. Why don't you just wake up. The world is a beautiful place and you are running away from it.

I gave you a star because it's true that I lacked tact in my reply.

edit on 31-1-2021 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Sorcery isn't real it's just adult fairy stories that people can't let go of. If you had a clearer perception of reality you wouldn't be using the word 'realities'.

This is like a 2nd grader telling an 8th grader that it is absurd to have letters in mathematical equations. The thing is there are countless examples of extrasensory, and even extra-dimensional occurrences that quite honestly match the same notions we got from quantum experiments. I once thought like you, but a material literalist worldview is not capable of encompassing the entirety of empirical data.

For example, Our brains are capable of receiving and transmitting electromagnetic signals. Its a fact.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

You forgot...
1c. None of the above
1d. There was no existence. Then there was existence.
1e. There was no existence. Then there was existence. Then there will (eventually) be no existence again.

(1c really should be at 1e, but oh well)

A child comes to be in the material plane from something that is already existent. It is not something from nothing, it is something from something.

It is like a conduit for an eternal being to come to realize itself. It is like the larval stage that is preparing to grow wings and fly. Consciousness always existed, and will never cease to exist (God is called Alpha-Omega for this reason ). The observer effect in quantum physics demonstrates the fundamental role that the conscious faculty plays in physical systems.
edit on 31-1-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I once thought like you but I found the strength and courage to drop all the superstition and pseudo science. A bit like a Christian who finds the courage to drop the holy book, face the world as it is and stand on his own two feet. It's not easy to let go of dreamy escapism.

ETA

I see in your comment to another you mention the 'observer effect', there you have it, pseudo science at it's finest!

edit on 31-1-2021 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I once thought like you but I found the strength and courage to drop all the superstition and pseudo science. A bit like a Christian who finds the courage drop the holy book, face the world as it is and stand on his own two feet. It's not easy to let go of dreamy escapism.

I am only acting based on my experience. Empirical data insists upon an energetic basis for reality, rather than simple material literalism. If you haven't experienced what i am saying thats fine, but don't go imposing your myopia on others who know what they are experiencing.

I see in your comment to another you mention the 'observer effect', there you have it, pseudo science at it's finest!

The observer effect is a fundamental aspect of the Copenhagen Interpretation (still the leading interpretation of quantum ohysics). It is based in the observable data retrieved during the double slit experiments. It is repeatable in a lab, and therefore can only be denied if you deny science
edit on 31-1-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Your god is no more real than the other 1000s of gods past, present and future. And you can’t prove your 1/1000 god is the real god, or even just real. That’s why it’s called belief and faith, not truth and fact.
edit on 3112021 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Give me a break. You have experienced nothing and that's the truth and the fact that energy is the basis of reality has absolutely nothing to do with superstitious beliefs. People like you just like to add on stuff that makes you feel good.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Wanted Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not. –Title of thread (3364)
============================================================================================

Thanks everyone for your contributions.

Dear MidnightHawk, let us we two work together to analyze the two contradictory statements as follow:

1a. There has always been existence.
1b. There has never been existence.

Tell me, which is true of the two?

Appendix

MidnightHawkposted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:20 PM

From my personal experience there is an unseen world. I have had years of unwanted abuse from unseen spirit forces when I lived at home with my parents. Family members were involved with sorcery and forms of witchcraft.

Also from personal experience by praying to God I have seen him answer very directly prayers in a very direct way letting me know he was listening to my prayers.

I didn't read through all of the thread to relate this account, but the very first response to you was that no one can prove God to you. No one needs to. God is there and he can prove himself to anyone he wishes as was in my case.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Give me a break. You have experienced nothing and that's the truth

Why do you even have conversations with people if you blindly dismiss everything? Nihilism is a dead end, give it a break.
edit on 1-2-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius
Wanted Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not. –Title of thread (3364)
============================================================================================

Thanks everyone for your contributions.

Dear MidnightHawk, let us we two work together to analyze the two contradictory statements as follow:

Tell me, which is true of the two?

Appendix

MidnightHawkposted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:20 PM

From my personal experience there is an unseen world. I have had years of unwanted abuse from unseen spirit forces when I lived at home with my parents. Family members were involved with sorcery and forms of witchcraft.

Also from personal experience by praying to God I have seen him answer very directly prayers in a very direct way letting me know he was listening to my prayers.

I didn't read through all of the thread to relate this account, but the very first response to you was that no one can prove God to you. No one needs to. God is there and he can prove himself to anyone he wishes as was in my case.

Well, there always has been existence.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I'm not a nihilist, truly. I am happy to have a conversation but someone has to tell it like it is. You don't like it, I get that but should I just leave nonsense unchallenged. I don't generally enter Christian or woo threads. I entered this one initially for the conversation but there was no conversation. The OP ignores anything that does not chime with his nonsense. So it shows up on my feed and my curiosity leads me to follow along now and then. So I've made some comments that ruffled a feather, big deal, it's only a back and forth and nothing more than entertainment.
There is nothing you can tell me that I don't already know but I can address the mind set that runs away from everyday life into escapism. Now there is nothing wrong with dreamy speculation but it should be seen for what it is. People get defensive, particularly those of a religious bent. There is nothing more dangerous than a religious person when their beliefs are challenged!

Having said all that I truly wish you well.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   

There is nothing you can tell me that I don't already know

Consider the possibility that you don't know everything.

Having said all that I truly wish you well.

I wish you well also.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I know I don't know everything. I was addressing the subject matter in the context of this thread. I also see that life is mysterious and it can be fun to speculate but speculation can't be dressed up as truth or fact.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Please, what is your objection against choosing one of two mutually contradictory statements, scil., that one is true.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius

Please, what is your objection against choosing one of two mutually contradictory statements, scil., that one is true.

I cannot address those statements until you define what you mean by 'existence'. Here are two definitions perhaps one of them will align with your perspective.

'the fact or state of living or having objective reality'

'Existence is the ability of an entity to interact with physical or mental reality. In philosophy, it refers to the ontological property of being.'

I see a problem with that word. The first definition contains an 'or' between two different things and the second seems to refer to consciousness and life.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   

'Existence is the ability of an entity to interact with physical or mental reality. In philosophy, it refers to the ontological property of being.'

What is an entity?
Is an 'entity' not existence?

Are you sure that apparent people are not apparently existing?

All that appears is apparently existing.

'Exist' means to stand out......away from the background.

The tv screen is the background...the image moving on it that appears as a movie is scenery.
The screen is overlooked.

Can the movie appear without the screen?

edit on 1-2-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Those definitions were not mine. I typed existence into google and those were the definitions suggested. I neither agreed or disagreed, it was merely a starting point to work with Pachomus.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   
😂

What is appearing is existence.....
Notice that the witness does not appear 💞

edit on 1-2-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join