It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, Admins - Keeping ATS alive.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to put this, but considering this is technically a current event that has been ongoing for quite some time.

I want to thank the administration here at ATS for keeping the forums open and alive; I have been using this site as a lurker for many, many years. While many places all over the net start restricting what can and we cannot say. It has been a great relief to know places like ATS exist and continue to thrive. The war of words and pen is far from won, the freedoms that we continue to lose every day. As net neutrality comes back into play and more..

You might not realize this, or maybe you do. But this website, these forums, is part of a world that is of its past. The freedom to think, to speak one's mind without fear of repercussions. You and others like you are literally the last lines of defense in the war on free thinking and individuality.

This site, I get doesn't make much money on its own. But to everyone here who speaks up, shares information, tells their tales, stories and more. It means something, and that something is greater than you may realize.

Its Freedom, so while I dedicate this post as a Thank You to the admin for not just closing down and cashing out. I just wanted to let you know that I and many others appreciate you; I know appreciation doesn't pay bills. But I believe if the demand ever came to lose the last places of hope and freedom, everyone would come forth and step up to help keep ATS alive.

So on behalf of myself and a few friends that share this website, and us lurkers from behind the shadows. Thank you.

edit on 31-1-2021 by BlackArrow because: fixed a paragraph

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I've always enjoyed it here, but with the U.S. politics dying down a little, the fun is coming back

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackArrow

Can't thank them and whomever saved ATS enough..

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I hope so, but. I wrote from the heart, because there is no other place like ATS. I meant every word, and whoever the new/old admin is in the contracts that were being written. I feel like they needed to know how important this website is.

Yes, it's true, maybe something else will pop up. But it will all be underground and take many years to find. Newer websites are easier to remove, especially if they have little to no archive history.

archive.org...
or
web.archive.org...*/abovetopsecret.com
Saved 13,232 times between December 5, 1998 and January 30, 2021.

Keeping ATS alive is probably one of the most important things we as a community can do should they ever make the call. Because that history will never be erased. Especially in the true and final battle for our freedoms; mistake not it is coming. New websites can be removed on the first scan, or keywords and be gone before anything could ever be said/done.

So it will always serve as a reminder of what we had, so even if we fail, future generations will be able to see what we lost and begin the fight again themselves. This website has a huge historical data, so its our failsafe to freedom. I hope we do not lose the fight, and I know many will fight to the death for their freedoms, even against their brothers should it come. Given the circumstances, and everything that has occured the past couple of years.

ATS is needed, now more then ever, do not ever mistake silence for peace. Because in a war, the fire will come when you least expect it.

Now I shall return into the shadows, and continue to spread the website to friends and free thinkers.

edit on 31-1-2021 by BlackArrow because: typos, comments added

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yes, thanks truly. This is my favorite every day news / current events / factual information / and so much more (including conspiracy and even creative content!) information gathering AND SHARING site.

I have never liked suffering the abuse of editors, and my favorite thing about ATS is that the members are also the editors; thus, democratizing the content of ATS. It is well - structured, and there is no other site like it!
edit on 31-1-2021 by Fowlerstoad because: added a few words

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

i have to admit ATS is one of my favorite sites even though i am not a right wing, trumpster, nationalist, gun-nut or conspiracy theorists.

i just want to know where the aliens are. und what they look like. i like strange stories. i like threads about art.

i don't like the radicals who only use ATS as a propaganda tool. but they are part of the game.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

i have to admit ATS is one of my favorite sites even though i am not a right wing, trumpster, nationalist, gun-nut or conspiracy theorists.

i just want to know where the aliens are. und what they look like. i like strange stories. i like threads about art.

i don't like the radicals who only use ATS as a propaganda tool. but they are part of the game.

I have to tell you this,just being a member here makes you a conspiracy theorist,I thought you should know.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Long live ATS.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

originally posted by: oloufo

i consume conspiracy theories but i do not spread them. i hope. cant remember. pretty sure i did. could you define conspiracy theorists?

I have to tell you this,just being a member here makes you a conspiracy theorist,I thought you should know.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Your words...I consume conspiracy theories but I do not spread them...

Have you heard the old saying,you are what you eat?

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Beautifully said!

I am ever so grateful for this site. We are a wealth of information and wonder, a family who need each other more than ever in these trying times. To all the wonderful people past and present who made this place possible and those keeping it alive, I thank you with much love.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Not sure I noticed this correctly. But SkepticOverlord and Springer are CEO's

Used to say owners of ATS, did it not?

Well I expect this thread to now go un noticed. But I swear I saw something.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So what happened? I remember visiting the site awhile ago and the site was on sale. So it has new owners now?

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

It definitely said site owners on their avatars.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

ATS owner

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thank-You.....

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

ATS owner

That was 2012 ........

And certain moderators are now administrators ?

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Yes I appreciate ATS more than ever, in the past three years I have deleted Twitter and Facebook and my Reddit app. because of the stupidity going on with those sites. When commenting and posting on websites are failing all over the Web, ATS is still here letting people freely express controversial opinions.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have been mostly a lurker here for a very long time.. I think i have only made 1 thread.

BUT

I visit daily and enjoy (most) of the content. There are some names that sadly dont post anymore whom i really enjoyed. So whoever saved this site.. Thank you so very much!!!! When Skipper passed away this left ATS as my only site for things like oddities on the Moon / Mars and other things along those line.

Grath

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gratheil
I have been mostly a lurker here for a very long time.. I think i have only made 1 thread.

BUT

I visit daily and enjoy (most) of the content. There are some names that sadly dont post anymore whom i really enjoyed. So whoever saved this site.. Thank you so very much!!!! When Skipper passed away this left ATS as my only site for things like oddities on the Moon / Mars and other things along those line.

Grath

Same here! Gotten more into the posting game as of late but been coming for nearly 15 years. Trends come and go but at the end of day we still have our ATS. Thanks all!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join