It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DYATLOV 9 MYSTERY SOLVED

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide
a reply to: anticitizen

The undressing is known as paradoxical undressing, happens because of hyperthermia.
The tongue ripping probably due to not being able to feel the tongue.
Radioactivity, well, it was Russia.

I can’t feel my toungue, so I rip it out?

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

The injuries on some of the hikers were explained by fact that laid skis on ground and they placed bedding one it

Injuries suffered were similar to crash test in 1970;s using cadavers to calibrate airbags where were slammed into
objects (steering wheels, car interiors)

Avalanche was very localized - only 5 meters wide. The slide was triggered when hikers made camp and destabilized
snow in area. Wind blowing snow triggered the slide

Because it was small and very localized previous investigators had missed it

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I can’t feel my toungue, so I rip it out?

Missing eyes and tongue were explained by animals (birds and such) feeding on corpses , eyes and tongue are most accessible parts of the bodies

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Makes no sense to vacate tent without clothes or boots. I’ve been in -14f and below before in the middle of no where for training, with a one man tent and barely rated sleeping bag,not fun! Sucked ass. No way I’d leave without my parka or boots. That doesn’t make sense!

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Could they have pitched their tent right on top of a hibernating brown(grizzly) bear? The bear wakes up, feels threatened, and threatens to come through the bottom of the tent. That might also explain why they couldn't go back into the tent.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue
1959, In the then Soviet Union, 9 young people, 7 men, 2 women, from a local university set out on winter ski trip/hike in the Ural Mountains ...
Now a Swiss engineer had proposed a new theory on how the hikers died

An Avalanche

www.nationalgeographic.com...
It's completely ridiculous to claim the avalanche is a "new theory", an avalanche was proposed in 1959, the same year it happened! So it's not a new theory, it's an old theory where someone made some new computer simulations to show the avalanche might be possible.

Some of the files were classified, I wonder if they still are?

originally posted by: firerescue
a reply to: Buvvy

The article mentioned some common camp lanterns at that time were radioactive...

Old fashioned lanterns used thorium mantles to create light Thorium is radioactive

Also the westerm side of the Urals was the center of Soviet nuclear production Radioactive waste was dumped into local
rivers and lakes where it dried out and radioactive dust was blown about by winds

Also in 1957 a nuclear waste site at Khystm exploded and spread contamination widely
Yes, mystery writers like to make much of things like radiation and UFO reports but I'm reasonably certain the radiation had nothing to do with their deaths, which were caused by blunt force trauma in some cases and freezing to death in other cases. The hikers died on Feb 1 or 2 but the alleged UFO was seen weeks later like Feb 17, so had nothing to do with deaths on Feb 2.

originally posted by: Charizard
My problem with the avalanche theory: In the photos of the site taken by the searchers/investigators, you can see the tent is clearly still standing. It has collapsed in the middle, probably due to being cut open and the weight of accumulated snow over the months the hikers were missing, but the tent poles were still standing upright. How does an avalanche hit the tent with enough force to break the ribs and fracture of the skull of people inside, but still leave the tent standing?
What photos are you talking about?

The hikers are thought to have died Feb 1 or 2 in 1959, and this photo is from Feb 26 1959 so it's only weeks later, not months later. One tent pole is up but the rest of the tent looks collapsed.

originally posted by: 38181
Makes no sense to vacate tent without clothes or boots. I’ve been in -14f and below before in the middle of no where for training, with a one man tent and barely rated sleeping bag,not fun! Sucked ass. No way I’d leave without my parka or boots. That doesn’t make sense!
If an avalanche collapsed the tent on them, then they might try to escape by any means possible, including cutting the tent open. Once out of the collapsed tent, the rational thing to do would be to retrieve things you need from inside the tent, but if they were afraid the avalanche wasn't over or that there would be a round 2 which sometimes happens with avalanches, they may have fled in panic. The question is, what made them flee without their gear? If the avalanche was over, I hope that I'd stay and fish what I needed to stay warm out of the tent before leaving the tent area, but they didn't do that for some reason.

For lack of a good explanation why they fled without the things they needed in the tent, the "infrasound" hypothesis was proposed. It's rather speculative since they haven't actually recorded that sound, but the idea is that something may have spooked them to the extent they behaved irrationally, leaving things they needed in the tent.

edit on 202121 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Unless some government agency dares to touch the "alien/ufo" words in their report nothing will be solved in this case.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join