It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the best thing you can eat that is made from the potato?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213

My favorite: TWICE baked potato...grandpa introduced me to those way back. So good!

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Claymation213
A) French Fries
B) Potato Wedges
C) Tater Tots
D) Baked Potato
E) Potato Salad
F) Potato Scallops
G) Potato Chips
H) Mashed Potatoes
I) Hash Browns
J) Potato Au Gratin
K) Other (???)

You forgot vodka

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My mom's baked stuffed potatoes... it's so simple but always excellent. So much so you can use the stuffing recipe on leftover mashed potatoes and brown up in ramekin. Hell in a pinch it even makes dehydrated potato flakes edible.

Top with Bacon crumbles

mix all together
Butter
Onions
touch of paprika
little salt and pepper
just a touch of milk, half and half, or sour cream
cubed cheddar or really any appropriate cheese works

edit on 25-1-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hassleback Potato

Imagine a potato sliced with butter and cheese in between each and baked.

www.justataste.com...Hassleback Potatoes
edit on 1252021 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Roast potatoes, roasted in beef dripping. Nice and crunchy on the outside, light and fluffy inside, man they are so good.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Hassleback Potato

Imagine a potato sliced with butter and cheese in between each and baked.

www.justataste.com...Hassleback Potatoes

Those are so good too.

LOL I'm definitely jonesing for potatoes of any kind, avoiding them while trying to lose weight

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

How about potato candy (flitch)?

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

How about potato candy (flitch)?

Never heard of it, now I need it!

Best thread in years! lol

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger
Flitch recipe at this link.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Roasted man, roasted.

Triple fried chips too. Dip them in 3 times.

How to make triple-cooked chips

The perfect chip should be light and fluffy on the inside and crisp on the outside; triple-cooking chips is the best way of ensuring that this is the case.

The perfect chip begins with the potato, Dutch Agria, Maris Piper, Fontaine and Maris Bard are all commonly used varieties.
Method
1 Peel the potatoes and cut into chips 5cm long by 1cm wide
2 Rinse the chips under cold water until the water runs clear – this will remove some of the starch
3 Add the chips to a saucepan of cold water and bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer the chips until they are soft to the touch but not cooked all the way through
4 Drain the chips and chill in the fridge until dry and cold – this will take at least 30 minutes
5 Preheat a deep fat fryer to 130⁰C
6 Fry the chips in batches for 7–8 minutes until a crust forms but with no colour. Remove the chips and place on a baking tray. Chill in the fridge again for approximately 30 minutes Once chilled, turn the deep fat fryer up to 180⁰C
7 Deep-fry the chips in batches for a second time for 4–5 minutes until crisp and golden – don’t overcrowd the fryer as this will cause a drop in the oil temperature
8 Drain on absorbent kitchen towel and season with salt before serving

You're welcome, believe me you are welcome. TRIPLE FRIED CHIPS

edit on 25/1/21 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I thinly slice some potatoes and add some onions and fry them in a frying pan...they are actually sauted, brown but hardly any acrylamides form at that temperature. I use bacon grease to fry them in and five minutes before they are done, I add butter to finish frying them. You do not use a real lot of bacon grease, you are not frying them, you are sauteing them. The only thing I add is salt and pepper and lawrys garlic salt to taste. Not too much garlic salt, it does contain msg and a little msg is not bad for you but too much is. I always have garlic on hand, but I do not like when the garlic gets burnt so I use the salt. The best is when they are real thin. Don't put the salt in till half way through or they turn out as mush if they are really thin. Salt draws out the water and instead of frying they steam and get mushy.

Parmesan potatoe wedges are good in the oven too, there are recipes for that in many cookbooks and on the web. Parmesan cheese has antihistamine chemistry, so it does not elevate histamine levels. They are even great cold or rewarmed in the oven, we make a big pan and eat the leftovers as a snack or with the leftover chicken the next day.

Potato leek soup is great too, so is Kalamojakka, I put a little cabbage in both of those and a little carrots too to add flavor. I do not use the milk version though, I have issues with milk if I eat it too often so have devised my own version of both.

Potato sausage is the cat's meow. Pasties are great too, but slice not dice the veggies. I use the butter crust recipe for pasties that I got from my ex's grandma who taught me how to make it. The pie recipe she used to use was from the crisco can, but crisco does by no means taste as good as it used to taste so I now use regular shortening made with a combo of meat and plant shortenings. I really like the organic tallow shortening, but it is very expensive to use, good quality butter and even coconut oil on sale is half the price of that.

Scalloped potatoes and ham or scalloped potatoes with salt cod is great too. That definitely needs milk or cream, I don't mind getting all stuffed up occasionally because they taste so good.

We eat potatoes about four meals a week, but we go through thirty pounds of potatoes a week, and also six pounds of carrots. The two does and the fawn come to our back deck and we wash potatoes and carrots when they come and they eat the majority of our potatoes and carrots. You can actually turn potatoes into venison if times do get rough. I have lots of beef, pork, and chicken in the freezers, so I won't need to shoot my friends, but the neighbors probably will. Oh, the deer also get homemade organic breads and rolls quite often, Along with homemade cinnamon rolls and homemade blueberry and rasberry pies, and they love cookies for desert too.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

A) French Fries
B) French Fries
C) Potato Chips (U.S.) ...lightly salted
D) Hash Browns ...well done
E) Fried Potato ...with onion
F) Potato Soup
G) Mashed Potato
H) Baked Potato
I) Potato Pancakes ..with sour cream
edit on Mon Jan 25 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Potatoe Cakes
Waffle Fries
Stewed Potatoes

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I loves me Pies.....Hot Pie-Cold Pie-Sweet Pie-Sour Pie-Fruit Pie-Meat Pie ....melikey any kind of Pie I can get.

www.bing.com...

www.bing.com...

edit on 25-1-2021 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
As a child, I really hated plain boiled potatoes, usually with green (string) beans. I'd usually separate the two and mash up the spuds, but it was still a boring meal. It wasn't traditional for us to make proper mashed with milk, etc.

One day, I had some cream cheese to hand and tried mixing it in with the mashed potatoes. It was miraculous, don't ask me what goes on, but the mashed potatoes become light, smooth and fluffy. In the end you can't really discern the cream cheese, but it does add a little touch of magic.

In fact, I often add cream cheese to some recipes just to see what happens... usually massive fails. However, I do like to add it to baked beans (Heinz variety). It makes the whole mess less runny and knocks off a bit of the sweetness... and they stay put if poured over toast or whatnot.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Potato Tornado.

Spiralized potato on a stick fried in rice oil and seasoned how you want. They sold them at the football stadium. Cooked just long enough and spiraled just thin enough to come out crispy/chewy.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

British chips using Maris Piper potatoes in a buttered sandwich with a slice of bacon.

Food heaven.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

British chips using Maris Piper potatoes in a buttered sandwich with a slice of bacon.

Food heaven.

Oh the memories! I couldn't go to the chippy and not have a chip butty with a saveloy sausage on the side instead of bacon. Bacon was reserved for its own butty and brown sauce.

edit on 25-1-2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

The only thing that sandwich is missing is an extra side of carbs.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Encia22

The only thing that sandwich is missing is an extra side of carbs.

That was normally just an appetiser while waitng for the fish and more chips to be cooked. The chip shops I went to (often a little tipsy straight from the pub) cooked on-demand, hardly anything was prepared in advance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join