It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John 8:24 I AM He.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Seer and seen are one seeING.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Thanks Itisnowagain. I put the I AM to good use recently. I had to go for a job interview which tenses me to the extreme. Before the interview I focused in the I AM for about 10 minutes. The woman running the interview said I was the most relaxed person she has ever interviewed. I got that job.

The I AM is not just about spirituality. It releases us from the mind that imprisons our being.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Just tough for me to make up my mind about it, especially when said relationship never really gets elaborated on.

I tend to think that the Father portion is more inclined with that of the physical or material, specially where Gnostics is concerned. Due to the god of the O.T or the Demiurge from Gnostics are one in the same, an is the creator of the material-verse.

While Gnostics is generally frowned upon, it the only thing close that really dives on trinity, the Father being the material, Jesus the mental, an the Logos, the spirit that mediates the two.

I tend to find Jesus being more mindful, an self disciplined rather then being completely single minded or as impulsive to that of Yahweh. Litterally give me the impression of a little universal engine that could, with the whole "I am" motif.

The other thing too, is Judaism never primarily focused on the idea of a soul, maybe the mind or body, but never soul.

Just getting him moving the hard part, but once it does, the weight of the heavens without any indication of stopping. Rather biblically fitting of it.

edit on 18-4-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Your concept of the trinity is as good as any I have read. The trinity is heretical to Judiasm (Deuteronomy 6:4) so there isn't a definitive answer in Christianity or Judiasm. However Jesus in Mathew 2 was introduced to the world by the magi. The magi priests of the Zoroastrian religion do believe in a trinity. Given nothing occurs in a vacuum, some aspects of the Zoroastrian religion might have influenced Christianity.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Concepts concepts concepts.

One without a second is empty of concepts.

What is happening is the one......nothing separate.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

I put the I AM to good use recently.

Can you explain how you stay in the 'I am'?

Is it by staying with direct conscious experience (sounds and sights that are present)? Just witnessing.......letting thoughts and sensations float by without grasping?

edit on 18-4-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Is it by staying with direct conscious experience (sounds and sights that are present)? Just witnessing.......letting thoughts and sensations float by without grasping?

Exactly, I witness the thoughts rather than being controlled by them. So the grasping nature of thoughts arn't capable of affecting my being. So fears are witnessed rather than being acted on.

In meditation, deeper levels exists in which sounds, sights, nor breath is experienced. That level is incredibly empowering of the I AM but is a tad difficult to reach. Still trying.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Text Our I AM, our seat of conciousness, is not generated by nueron activity. It exists in the image of the Father. It will continue to exist long after our body and mind returns to the dust from which it was made. Our destiny depends on whether we choose to exist as the destructuble mind or the indestructuble I AM.

The brain and the mind are two entirely separate matters. The brain is the physicality of which contains the receptors which in turn controls the body. The mind is the unattached energy source which in turn broadcasts its desires to the receptors [brain]. The mind does not return to the source of this terrestrial matter because it was never of this source to begin with. As the body ceases to function it returns to its source of existence but the mind continues to exist in its source of energy.

Once the body dies, the brain dies also. Consciousness ceases to exist in the brain but the brain was never the seat of authority in the first place. The seat of authority is the mind and it is the mind that is judged at death.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Interesting definition seede of brain and mind. I have always seen the mind as being the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Distinguishing between dualities so we can exist as humans. Interfacing between sensations of physical and our being. The mind you suggest is seperate from our physical being. But do you see that mind as having all the influences that infect the brain. The brain that is programmed from dna to procreate etc when we reach puberty. The brain that is also programmed from DNA to be more attractive, richer, stronger so we are more successful at procreation. The brain that seeks tribal acceptance so its chances of survival are greater. etc etc etc

We do know that Adam recieved the breath of life (nishmat ḥayyim ) and became a living soul (nefesh ḥayyah). But we don't know what is preserved of any individual identity in that living soul. Clearly when we die, or if reincarnation exists, the soul must carry past action of good and evil, for judgement to occur.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   

We should also realize that our mind is programmed from childhood to believe parents, schools, governments and media. That up is down and left is right. Would God permit those inflictions to infect our being for forever and a day?

Perhaps thats why Jesus said "Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.".

Being in that mind is a contradiction to spirituality. The I AM is our awareness. Its full of love and has a mind of its own. Be is subtle compared to that of our brain.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

TextWe do know that Adam recieved the breath of life (nishmat ḥayyim ) and became a living soul (nefesh ḥayyah). But we don't know what is preserved of any individual identity in that living soul. Clearly when we die, or if reincarnation exists, the soul must carry past action of good and evil, for judgement to occur.

In the Christian religion the soul is never on trial by the Creator. In the Christian religion the soul [brain] vanishes back into its source never to appear again. In Judaism it is reformed back to its original state, unified with the mind and both the brain and mind are tried as one entity.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Please examine Matthew 7:21-23.

Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

The will to "prophesied in your name" is an action of mind. You presume the mind is soul. Yet Jesus clearly states "I never knew you" from that action of mind. So its very important that you differentiate between mind and soul. The soul is the pure awareness referred as the "I AM". It should not be considered as having the same nature of our local mind which is nueral network very capable of desires to eat forbidden fruits etc. Those thoughts can be mapped by science as deriving from our local brain.

Whilst you exist in the local mind you will be judged.... ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Whilst you exist in the pure awareness of the soul you cannot be judged because the soul does not exists in negativities. Its only desire is that of pure love.

When one exists in the I AM, our being exists in the Now. We are not concerned of tomorrows heavon or not.
When one exists in our local mind, our being exists in time dreams (past and future) of mind.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Until it is found that you (as a separate thing) do not exist then God stays hiding.

God is just playing hide and seek.

Alan Watts in The Book On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: “God also likes to play hide-and-seek, but because there is nothing outside God, he has no one but himself to play with. But he gets over this difficulty by pretending that he is not himself. This is his way of hiding from himself.

"The Game of Hide and Seek - Alan Watts"

edit on 21-4-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Is God playing hide or seek or is the one that seeks God playing hide and seek with God?

“I am as sure as I live that nothing is so near to me as God. God is nearer to me than I am to myself; my existence depends on the nearness and the presence of God.”
― Meister Eckhart

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
When the two become one.....
If God is One without a second....what else is there?

There never was two

edit on 22-4-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Whilst we exist in duality there are two. Humans have only one face, but God can have as many faces as he likes. Each one with senses partitioned in the manifested that we recognize as our personhood. At the core of that personhood is the I AM that is unmanifested. So the labels of one or two depends on the nature being described (manifested/unmanifested). Neither is right, neither is wrong.

Our pure awareness is a gift of the unmanifested. Our thoughts are a gift/curse from the manifested. When these two eyes become one we will see God as one.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

TextThe will to "prophesied in your name" is an action of mind. You presume the mind is soul. Yet Jesus clearly states "I never knew you" from that action of mind. So its very important that you differentiate between mind and soul. The soul is the pure awareness referred as the "I AM". It should not be considered as having the same nature of our local mind which is nueral network very capable of desires to eat forbidden fruits etc. Those thoughts can be mapped by science as deriving from our local brain.

No Glend, I must admit that I do not understand [I Am] at all.
The Nazarene teaching teaches us that the man Adam was formed from the created substances in the image of his creator. As he lay a created mindless creature is undesrtood as being a created soul in the image of his Creator. But at that point Adam had no mind assigned to the soul. Moses then tells us that as the spirit of life was breathed into the soul, the soul then became a living soul. Now as Adam lay in his unconscious state his brain was formed and wired but the spark of life [mind] was not wired to the brain.

Moses has said that Adam was created in only two portions. The first portion is his soul which is understood to be his body. The second portion is that of his mind which is understood as being the unattached spark of life. Now if Moses is correct then the soul is not the mind but is the unknown force of life which is assigned a soul.

But now comes the greatest of all mysteries in my understanding. When Adam was created in the image of his Creator then was Adam truly a creature of flesh and blood? If you say yes then God and His word were and are flesh and blood. But then the sriptures tell us that flesh and blood cannot enter into the celestial realm and if that be true then Adam could not have been created in flesh and blood or the scriptures are wrong. Adam was then cursed and evicted from Gan Eden and as he was cursed his substance was then changed from a created creature in God's image and likeness into a procreated creature as we are today.

My question to you is this. does any of this change reflect "I Am" ? Explain "I am" to me.

edit on 25-4-2021 by Seede because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2021 by Seede because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Adam (male being spiritual) is the I AM which is purely spiritual. Whilst Eve (female being corporeal) represents our physical being. Our freedom of choice is to exist as the altruistic I AM or to exist as the egotistical mind. The mind eventially dies but the I AM does not. That does not infer we cannot use our mind for pratical purposes (non forbidden fruits).

Our I AM is always present so you do know it. When we close our eyes, without thought, in silent love to the Creator. That is existing in the pure awareness of the I AM. The more presense we put into our I AM, the more light that enters our being. Which eventually corrects our mind so both eyes become one.

Our I AM only exists in the NOW, Whereas our mind day dreams in past memories and future cravings. Being present in the NOW empowers our true being. But the serpent of mind being powerful and cunning will continually try to keep our presense as mind.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Mooji wrote a book titled:
Before I am.

Here is an interview with Mooji - Before I am:

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Mooji is a very sincere man. One of the jewels he once shared is that we cannot strive to become enlightened. We can only strive to move our presence to the pure awareness of the I AM and allow grace to do its work.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join