It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It feels like the US is at an inflection point

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Maybe its just because of the drama surrounding the POTUS change; maybe its because of all the controversy surrounding the election and the long, drawn out time frame of this election, but it feels as if this election marks a point of existential change in US politics and governance.

I am not the only one who feels this way:
www.atlanticcouncil.org...

“America has always been shaped by inflection points—by moments in time where we’ve made hard decisions about who we are and what we want to be,” he said. “Lincoln in 1860—coming to save the Union. FDR in 1932—promising a beleaguered country a New Deal…We stand again at an inflection point. We have the opportunity to defeat despair and build a nation of prosperity and peace.”

COVID 19 has certainly made it seem there's no going back to anything resembling the "old normal" and I sense that this election represents something of a sea change in a way of looking at the US political system for a statiscally significant percentage of the US population, nearing perhaps 45% of eligible voters.

One significant change I sense is that as never before, many are looking inward rather than outward beyond their local and State level concerns. Focus now is far more on local and State governance and affairs. That focus and that change in focus manifests a lessening in the scope and importance of the Federal government and in the US as a nation-state.

That results in a "feeling" or "sense" that American exceptionalism is truly dead and over. The sense of things now is that the US is no better than other failing "Democracies" around the world and that rather than being a model for the future, the US system of governance has proven to be as flawed and corrupted as other aging Democratic systems. Apparently I am not alone in sensing this.

www.theatlantic.com...

The problem is that something is too obviously wrong. Too many diplomats and politicians on this side of the Atlantic now believe that the U.S. is simply too divided to stand alone in the world for much longer. It is too riven and aggrieved, shorn of a unifying cause.

Alternate centers of power or influence are emerging, now—in Beijing, obviously, but also in Berlin and Brussels to some extent, the latter two not rivals in power, but former client kingdoms that now seem more settled, secure, and well governed. The U.S., with 330 million people, today defends Europe, with its 450 million, largely because it is richer and more willing to spend the blood and treasure necessary to run an empire. Watching a horn-headed, topless man in face paint pretend that he has led a coup through Congress makes you question how long this can last.

Ironically, this may well have been what the Global Elites had wanted all along.

Regardless of who won this election, the failures so obvious in the process itself have produced this result.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I often wonder if journalists ever took any math classes at all!

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

That results in a "feeling" or "sense" that American exceptionalism

Sounds like you have been brainwashed to believe America is " exceptional " Its not nor never has been.

The Myth of American Exceptionalism The idea that the United States is uniquely virtuous may be comforting to Americans. Too bad it's not true.

foreignpolicy.com...

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Yeah, I feel the inflection point also.

For me, it is the point where I must realize and come to terms with the fact that my vote (and nobody else's vote(s) either!) will ever matter to a ruling class that controls the election results independently to any true votes cast by the citizens.

They can legislate whatever they want, get us into any war, and take as much as they want from us without any consequences, because they cannot be removed from office by being voted out any longer. Honest voting just died.

As a result, the republic just died -- I see it now for what it is, and that is quite an inflection.
edit on 20-1-2021 by Fowlerstoad because: .

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I feel like a single person no longer matters.

I will not waste my remaining days on something I can’t control.

Like a witness to a car wreck...

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
seems to be more of a genuflection is in the future of the US...of which I shall not participate.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I agree

I feel like we're finally after 4 years of chaos... At a point where the clouds have cleared.

Everything has been reset.

Hopefully we continue as if it never happened, and get back to a place where liberals and conservatives can coexist in the same place.. build bridges on the bases of our similarities... And be able to shrug off and laugh about our differences.

I think Trump was a lit match... And both sides had kegs of black powder lying around, and he ran around in circles

Now that he's out, and the insurrection has been quelled, the extremists I think have learned that they are outnumbered... And thus it should take the steam out of their engines.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Here is how I feel...

We know this is a unique time in history. I can also see that we are going down a path that is not going to end well.

The problem is I can't say if the country will implode tomorrow or 50 years from now. However, I know it is going to implode. I also am confident that this will be on of those inflection points that historians look at that should have been obvious to people today but was ignored. Historians will be like WTF?

I've also accepted that there is little that I can personally do. If I were single with no kids, I'd be bugging out far away. However, there really is no where to run but I'd most certainly be disconnecting from society for the most part. Basically, a cabin in the woods.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I've talked with my better half about this... if and when the company I work for goes public I hope to take some final steps before getting out of the US and starting again somewhere new.

It's not an easy feat, and simply getting citizenship in another country will be difficult but I've already begun researching real estate/residency/citizenship opportunities in other countries

I never pictured this as a realistic scenario a even 1 year ago, but like Edumakated I can see where things are headed and it's not good to say the least..

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It's the interpretations of the Biden19 Plan 😎

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

Yeah, I feel the inflection point also.

For me, it is the point where I must realize and come to terms with the fact that my vote (and nobody else's vote(s) either!) will ever matter to a ruling class that controls the election results independently to any true votes cast by the citizens.

They can legislate whatever they want, get us into any war, and take as much as they want from us without any consequences, because they cannot be removed from office by being voted out any longer. Honest voting just died.

As a result, the republic just died -- I see it now for what it is, and that is quite an inflection.
To this and the OP, yes absolutely.

America, as she once was, changed some how this January

Edit: genuflection works too: of which I will not participate

Life has become more personally real. Quiter. Sobering.

I never thought I’d feel the way I do about what’s happened, and what is yet to be. Strange I always grew up with what I imagined would be dark times. I hate being right.... but at least I can take comfort in that I wasn’t wrong and it wasn’t just a feeling you can’t shake.

Like feeling depression about to hit.

“United We Stand. Divided We Fall”
edit on 20-1-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Inflection points will now be banned. You are not allowed to think freely. That is dangerous to this Admin and it’s followers. Please do not voice opinions that are contrary to the current agenda.

You have been put on notice by this citizens thought officer no. 112. At this time, your social credit score has not been penalized. This is only a social warning.

Your next infraction may require re-education and social acceptance classes along with white supremacy and race re-education training.

Have a productive and socially fulfilling day.
edit on 20-1-2021 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

I feel like you’ve been in a coma for the last 4 years.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Boy. If you say so

We saw different things occurring for very different reasons

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
I agree

I feel like we're finally after 4 years of chaos... At a point where the clouds have cleared.

Everything has been reset.

Hopefully we continue as if it never happened, and get back to a place where liberals and conservatives can coexist in the same place.. build bridges on the bases of our similarities... And be able to shrug off and laugh about our differences.

I think Trump was a lit match... And both sides had kegs of black powder lying around, and he ran around in circles

Now that he's out, and the insurrection has been quelled, the extremists I think have learned that they are outnumbered... And thus it should take the steam out of their engines.

WOW!

You really didn't get the thread at all did you?

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Ironically, this may well have been what the Global Elites had wanted all along. 

This.^☝

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
And a "this" to both posts above mine...

Years ago, I watched a Glenn Beck show that spanned a few days where he broken down George Soros' book. If you want to get a total mindfu**, read the book or watch the episode on YT (Glenn Bleck: Soros the Puppet Master). EVERY. SINGLE. THING. that has happened follows that plan. That is what opened my eyes to what was really going on and how absolutely screwed we were. It seemed DJT might beat these guys at their game but there may just be too many of them, embedded too deep.

Quality of this video stinks but still worth watching if you care to see the playbook: www.youtube.com...

(The a reply to: Wide-Eyes

edit on 20-1-2021 by nicevillegrl because: eta

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I often wonder if journalists ever took any math classes at all!

Statistics was required.

General math as part of the core.

At least where I studied.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
And a "this" to both posts above mine...

Years ago, I watched a Glenn Beck show that spanned a few days where he broken down George Soros' book. If you want to get a total mindfu**, read the book or watch the episode on YT (Glenn Bleck: Soros the Puppet Master). EVERY. SINGLE. THING. that has happened follows that plan. That is what opened my eyes to what was really going on and how absolutely screwed we were. It seemed DJT might beat these guys at their game but there may just be too many of them, embedded too deep.

Quality of this video stinks but still worth watching if you care to see the playbook: www.youtube.com...

(The a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Thanks NVG!

I know these bastards love to publish their plans so I take this very seriously.

Much obliged.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

That results in a "feeling" or "sense" that American exceptionalism

Sounds like you have been brainwashed to believe America is " exceptional " Its not nor never has been.

Says a jealous non-American. Stuff that, the core of our nation is the best and most exceptional in the world. You can have the fringe, we don't want them either.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join