It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient 2500 yr Old Map Shows The Lost City of Atlantis is The Eye of The Sahara

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

So you are using 'copper made tools and arrowheads' as possible proof of an advanced civilisation using technology like a magical transportation device despite there being absolutely no evidence whatsoever of the latter?

I understand you want this to be Atlantis and you've certainly put a lot of time and effort into this.

There may even be some interesting finds waiting to be discovered at this site - and many other sites around the world, I have no doubt there are massive gaps in our knowledge and understanding of human history and development - but I respectfully suggest you're barking up the wrong tree here.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

All I pointed out is there was a mining operation running there from 1970 to 1977.
A mining process which is very dependent on great, like HUGE, amounts of water.

Last I looked, 1970 predates 1985 by about 15 years ...

Just so you can't say that the roasting method doesn't depend on water; Copper Mining and Extraction: Sulfide Ores

This map helps explain why they went 60 miles for a reliable water supply.
Aquifier Productivity

There was an existing pipeline prior to 2007 which supplied fresh water for mining operations.

The current company added a pipe from a saline aquifer for mine operations and replaced the existing fresh water pipe to help preserve the limited supply of fresh ground water available.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

So you are using 'copper made tools and arrowheads' as possible proof of an advanced civilisation using technology like a magical transportation device despite there being absolutely no evidence whatsoever of the latter?

I understand you want this to be Atlantis and you've certainly put a lot of time and effort into this.

There may even be some interesting finds waiting to be discovered at this site - and many other sites around the world, I have no doubt there are massive gaps in our knowledge and understanding of human history and development - but I respectfully suggest you're barking up the wrong tree here.

You, are one of the posters here, I can respect. Your being honest in your words. And, I am humbled for your opinion.

Now, lets talk about that "Tree".

When I started my personal Quest it was to confirm, or deny, the Eye of Africa to be the original site of the fabled "City Of Atlantis". When one looks at the Eye you will not find the fabled large buildings, but you do find relics, ruins of a civilization not recorded in time. So by definition they must be "PreHistoric" And one site in particular that(logically) dates at least from 3000 BC, just outside the Eye tends to support that conclusion.

And as pointed out by others that a society of that size would require resources from surrounding area. And that is where the bulk of my search was, and is. And when we find that evidence is it in its original contex, or placed in another context that may be misleading. The original context would be a world class civilization with many ties around the world. Many discoveries have been made around the world. Are they in the wrong context? For instance, the burial site of Ampheres(?) found as a circle monument that just happens to be similar to Stonehenge. Could that too be a burial site for one of Poseidon sons?

It may be true that these lines are of a contemporary origin. But also true is the amount of unsubstantiated claims fabricated for explanation have been revealed. If one is being honest each one must be challenged to prove, or disproved. Planter Boxes for trees? LOL You do understand my point. You just cant go along with "Someone Else's" ideas, or, have faith. It just isn't true Science. But, as you stated humanity does have massive voids in its history. And through my research I find there actually is a power, force that wish us not, to fill those void. And I also suspect a great deal of disinformation created and injected into our history.

You may not have read where I stated no evidence of any transport system has been discovered, at least, publicly. And again, the gov has finally revealed ufos are real, but do not know what they are. It is not outside the realm of possibilities that this tech was used during the times of Atlantis, pre flood. The intellectual doors are thrown wide open with possibilities.

As I contend these ancient artifacts represent the technological level of the men and woman who used them. These were not "The Gods", but the servants and slaves, of the gods. The Ghetto's" of the "gods". The gods had the exclusive use and ownership of Any advanced technology, the mindset is similar to the present day "Royalty" owning their subjects, and all the lands in their kingdom. You do not give your slaves cutting edge tech, or an education. You give them the absolute minimum to accomplish the tasks you want accomplished. Otherwise, your slaves will take that tech and that knowledge to overthrow you and gain their freedom. So, your not going to find any advanced tech in these sites. I suspect the whole concept of slavery has never really changed. "They" get the banana, you get the peal, if that. Any site that did posses that tech would have been "cleaned" and then decimated. So yes, it is very logical to find slave tools in these sites, and exactly what should be found, if thought of in the original context.

some days 12 -14 hours a day, or until I pass out. It comes in spats when new info arrives. Quest, passion, or obsession. You might understand, maybe not, but I believe the term, and the truth shall set you free. That term means many things to many people. Maybe, if more people were driven like me, maybe there wouldn't be so many holes in our history, or, the truth is finally revealed. Regardless of me, many many people are awakening to a truth they pursue. I wonder how many people I inspire to "Look" for themselves, and stop "Just believing" in fairy tales.

I do not charge for my time, I do not sell snake oil for 200 bucks a pop(Book), and the main reason I don't write a book. I don't charge for public speaking. Why? Because that is the road to deceptions, exaggerations, and fairy tales created, only for the profit. (not insinuating all authors, speakers, are putting out "Snake Oil")

The squeaky wheel gets the oil, the "Barking Dog" gets the attention. Yes, for me, I have found that there is great amounts of information and circumstantial evidence to suggest the Eye is actually the location of that City, that culture known as "Atlantis".

Now, if these lines in the desert are not the docks of Atlantis, then simply, the search continues. And no, I don't "Want" this to be Atlantis. I have only followed the evidence. I don't want this area to be the docks. But, in saying that, if there was a Atlantis, then there were docks, somewhere. Barking, is the only way a dog can communicate, other than wagging his tail. We can learn a lot from a dog. To find out if its a wrong tree, you have to look, and sometimes look real close, there might be a coon hid up there lol lol.

Thank you for the compliment, if intended. If not, thank you for your comments and time.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
a reply to: Byrd

You've lost me here. Mummification is something that occurs naturally, like the mummies in Peru (which are fairly recent) And how did we get from discussing objects along a road to mummies? Let's go back to the road, please.

One issue at a time.
It was shown as a example of the "Hidden" technology. Your suggesting the Egyptians did not mummify their elite dead, and it was natural?

Ill get to the rest in time.

Certainly there were. The Gebelein predynastic mummies are the most famous (and contemporary, by the way, with the glacier Otzi mummy) In addition,they would have seen naturally mummified animals...they're not that uncommon in arid areas. We've seen lots of mummified (naturally) animals here in Texas.

By the way, the mummification technology evolved over time. The early dynastic ones and Old Kingdom ones aren't well done. The process changes and evolves over time, becoming pretty decent in the New Kingdom era (over 2,000 years later)

edit on 30-7-2021 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

You've lost me here. Mummification is something that occurs naturally, like the mummies in Peru (which are fairly recent) And how did we get from discussing objects along a road to mummies? Let's go back to the road, please.

One issue at a time.
It was shown as a example of the "Hidden" technology. Your suggesting the Egyptians did not mummify their elite dead, and it was natural?

Ill get to the rest in time.

Certainly there were. The Gebelein predynastic mummies are the most famous (and contemporary, by the way, with the glacier Otzi mummy) In addition,they would have seen naturally mummified animals...they're not that uncommon in arid areas. We've seen lots of mummified (naturally) animals here in Texas.

By the way, the mummification technology evolved over time. The early dynastic ones and Old Kingdom ones aren't well done. The process changes and evolves over time, becoming pretty decent in the New Kingdom era (over 2,000 years later)

I think you are missing the point I made. The most ancient records indicate there was a life extension technology that was in use, and used for the "gods". If a uneducated commoner saw this he would have no concept of it, other than seeing what it could do. Hence the Cargo cult mentality. It also may be true that the Biblical Patriarchs had access to this technology, but that all ended with the "Flood".

King James Bible
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Today such technology would be considered "Alien", when in fact probably older than the hills.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I think you are missing the point I made. The most ancient records indicate there was a life extension technology that was in use, and used for the "gods". If a uneducated commoner saw this he would have no concept of it, other than seeing what it could do. Hence the Cargo cult mentality. It also may be true that the Biblical Patriarchs had access to this technology, but that all ended with the "Flood".

I think we have a very different understanding of what "cargo cult" means and what "ancient records" are.

The ancient records I know of (translations of texts) don't mention any life extension technology. The idea of ancestors with Very Long Lives doesn't actually occur until around 1500 BC, a very long time after civilization and record keeping and kings lists.

Genesis didn't exist as a written document until about 300 BC (0ver a thousand years later) when Ptolemy brought together priests from various Jewish tribes and asked them to put together books about their theology for the Library of Alexandria (the books of Genesis, etc, did not exist in written form before that, and the oldest copies we have of that date from a long time after that (around 300 AD, if I remember right.)

The timeline of Very Old Ancestors is the same with the Babylonians; no mention of it until about 1500 BC, when there's sort of an "arms race" of "my lineage is older and more holy than yours" where everyone decides they're descended from gods and long-lived heroes. Even the very old Epic of Gilgamesh doesn't get into the hunt for immortality until 1700 BC or thereabouts.

Stories of a hunt for personal immortality aren't in Egyptian literature or mythology. That's more a thing for the Greeks and the later medieval alchemists.

And none of this is actually any evidence for Richat being anything but a collapsed geological dome.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I looked further into the Berber connection.

The city where Solon is said to have heard the story of Atlantis had, at that time, been ruled off and on by Berber princes for about 200 years or so. During his lifetime it was held by native Egyptians, though. (And also it was the capital of Egypt.)

www.britannica.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Since Berber occupation of the Maghreb region has been established as going all the way back to 10,000 BC, they most certainly have a long enough continuous history to reach the time of the story. If anyone kept records, oral or otherwise.

And what establishes them is cave art, showing them using domesticated cattle.

en.wikipedia.org...

If we searched enough caves, I wonder if we would find some elements of the story of Atlantis depicted in some of them?

The timeline of Very Old Ancestors is the same with the Babylonians; no mention of it until about 1500 BC, when there's sort of an "arms race" of "my lineage is older and more holy than yours" where everyone decides they're descended from gods and long-lived heroes. Even the very old Epic of Gilgamesh doesn't get into the hunt for immortality until 1700 BC or thereabouts.

You get that even from just reading Timeaus. He explains that the first ancestors were the gods, who had children who had children.... etc.... with shorter and shorter lives until you reach the present.

He seems to believe that everything gets more corrupt as the generations progress. The aristocracy was assumed to be fewer generations removed from the gods, and the peasantry to be more generations removed.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

The city where Solon is said to have heard the story of Atlantis had, at that time, been ruled off and on by Berber princes for about 200 years or so. During his lifetime it was held by native Egyptians, though. (And also it was the capital of Egypt.)

www.britannica.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

(confused look)

The 26th dynasty is pure Egyptian. And the Berbers never ruled Egypt. Libyans did, but not Berbers.

They're different.

Since Berber occupation of the Maghreb region has been established as going all the way back to 10,000 BC, they most certainly have a long enough continuous history to reach the time of the story. If anyone kept records, oral or otherwise.

However, it's not consistent or cohesive. They were not a united nation but a large group of nomads, each with its own stories.

You get that even from just reading Timeaus. He explains that the first ancestors were the gods, who had children who had children.... etc.... with shorter and shorter lives until you reach the present.

He seems to believe that everything gets more corrupt as the generations progress. The aristocracy was assumed to be fewer generations removed from the gods, and the peasantry to be more generations removed.

They were sort of elitist jerks, weren't they? Of course, the original intent was to support someone who usurped the lineage of the throne. Hatshepsut did the "daughter of the god" bit, though she wasn't the first, but she needed support for ruling as opposed to Thutmose IV.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This may not come to anything, but something interesting I came across.

en.wikipedia.org...

This mountain is about 200 kilometer North West of the Richat structure. Close, but really not very close.

Still, it is basically made of magnetite.

It has a blue color, which would probably make it stand out enough to attract visitors. When they arrived, they would find that the rocks are magnetically attracted to each other. (I'm thinking that would probably pique their interest.)

Now without the technology of smelting, I don't know if they can make tools out of it, but I well imagine they would bring some back to their village, for the children to play with.

Just imagine if some culture that far back had somehow gained early access to the iron age? Just by pure luck of having a large source of magnetite nearby to mess around with. That would make them very powerful. Nigh unstoppable in their time!

(For comparison, that Aztec conquest of their region is believed to have been fueled by their discovery of green obsidian, which allowed them to have sharper spear tips compared with knapped flint their enemies were using. In other words: a very minor difference.)

www.britannica.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

(confused look)

The 26th dynasty is pure Egyptian. And the Berbers never ruled Egypt. Libyans did, but not Berbers.

They're different.

I meant to give this link.

www.britannica.com...

It describes a prince who ruled Sais about 100 or so years prior to Solon's time, and was Libyan.

But the Libyan rulers of the 22nd and 23rd dynasty were of a group I guess called "Meshwesh", who wiki has being of Berber origin.

en.wikipedia.org...

If we're looking for a story going back to ~9500 BC, then origins are everything. It doesn't matter if they broke up later than that, as long as they kept the story.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 12:37 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

This mountain is about 200 kilometer North West of the Richat structure. Close, but really not very close.

It has a blue color, which would probably make it stand out enough to attract visitors. When they arrived, they would find that the rocks are magnetically attracted to each other. (I'm thinking that would probably pique their interest.)

I believe you're confusing magnetite with lodestones. While lodestones are naturally occurring magnetite, not all magnetite is magnetic. en.wikipedia.org...

Just imagine if some culture that far back had somehow gained early access to the iron age? Just by pure luck of having a large source of magnetite nearby to mess around with. That would make them very powerful. Nigh unstoppable in their time!

Did you look up the dates for the Iron Age? It varies according to region, and in some places it begins around 3000 BC. However, it did not begin that early in Africa.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

I believe you're confusing magnetite with lodestones. While lodestones are naturally occurring magnetite, not all magnetite is magnetic. en.wikipedia.org...

Ok. That makes more sense. It did seem odd for natural magnets to be so common.

So magnetite to an ancient person would basically just be another kind of rock.

Did you look up the dates for the Iron Age? It varies according to region, and in some places it begins around 3000 BC. However, it did not begin that early in Africa.

If Atlantis had depended on a specific mountain for all its iron, being unaware of any other means, then it could start an iron age, but then see that age come to an end when the city collapses.

Fun for fiction, I guess. But it doesn't seem likely at this point, if Kediet_ej_Jill is made of a substance an ancient would view as merely black colored rocks.

If a theory takes you down too many rabbit holes, then you're probably better off simply staying above ground.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

If a theory takes you down too many rabbit holes, then you're probably better off simply staying above ground.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

As far as the "Water Line" I'm at 99% its a water line. Now in saying that some loose ends popped up when I was ready to concede. Besides I really do want to put this to bed so I can move on to some other discoveries. But one of those nagging Colombo moments came along grrr and I cant get it to resolve. grrrr.

LOL When I saw this I knew I had to share lol lol

edit on PMSaturdaySaturday stAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago49712 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Ok. That makes more sense. It did seem odd for natural magnets to be so common.

So magnetite to an ancient person would basically just be another kind of rock.

Ah-yup. Australia's got big deposits of it and so does the US (and a lot of other areas.)

If Atlantis had depended on a specific mountain for all its iron, being unaware of any other means, then it could start an iron age, but then see that age come to an end when the city collapses.

Fun for fiction, I guess. But it doesn't seem likely at this point, if Kediet_ej_Jill is made of a substance an ancient would view as merely black colored rocks.

It would be polishable for gems (like hematite) so it could have some value... as for an Iron Age, you have to have the supporting technology (furnaces that are hot enough and some sort of forging ability)

Did you ever see the old tv show, "Connections"? Or play the computer game, Civilization? That was sort of an eye-opener for me although I knew the principles... that any tech is built on necessary older tech. So forging iron is preceded by ovens and the ability to make tools of a certain hardness and making compounds like bronze.

And you have to have the supplies and population to support this. It needs a fairly sizeable population and stable farming (so people have time to do something other than hunt and build shelters) and access to the materials.

When they borrow technology (or steal it), it comes from a culture that's already done those steps.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   

As far as the "Water Line" I'm at 99% its a water line. Now in saying that some loose ends popped up when I was ready to concede. Besides I really do want to put this to bed so I can move on to some other discoveries. But one of those nagging Colombo moments came along grrr and I cant get it to resolve. grrrr.

LOL When I saw this I knew I had to share lol lol

(laugh)

Ironically enough, I saw that one and thought perhaps I should share it here. Great minds.....

Edited to add that yes, I also think it's a water pipe.

When in doubt (some new feature) it's always good to check on the google Earth forums or browse Reddit forums. There's been people who've seen the thing or something like it and can confirm your identification or point out a different interpretation.

edit on 1-8-2021 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Yes look for other info. But I like to look at something by myself, first. Work through the logic independently, uniquely first, so I'm not just a sheep following the heard, sort of thinking. Then form my own conclusions. Then bump it against what everyone else has concluded. Not, first. This way my thinking is not being controlled by any other agenda, overt, or covert.

So, yes, I'm at 100%, there is a water line there, in the area. I looked around for other pipe lines in Africa that use the same ideology of marking the location of buried pipe lines using large concrete, or stones of the same size or similar size that use two rows of offset spacing. Well, I just couldn't find any. All of the others are above ground on pedestals. Others are buried but only use sign posts every so many feet showing where the pipe is buried. If you ask me, the expense of marking a pipeline in the observed manner, is absolutely, insane. No wonder the original company went broke.

Now for the observable evidence. It proves beyond a shadow of doubt, there is a pipeline there. You should have studied the area, you could have proven your point instead of making up the tree box explanation. It does not reflect well on your integrity. But, in saying that it also opens up a big can of worms.

Sun kinks are sections of rail road track that leave their containment because of expansion. Everyone can see that when it happens, usually in very hot locations. Its expected and planned for. The rail is one rail running for hundreds of miles, to repair you cut a section of rail out, pull it together, and slag weld it. Water lines have "U" shaped sections built into them to allow for expansion, contraction. This is why many water lines are above ground to allow for expansion, and easy repair.

If, you bury a water line without consideration for expansion and contraction, your going to have trouble, and you know what happens?

Your going to get LEAKS. Now, does your great mind see the columbo moment??

From this point there are possibilities but when you run them out, they end up illogical.

So, at this point in time the question is unresolved.

edit on PMSundaySunday stAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago4683 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   

TextSun kinks are sections of rail road track that leave their containment because of expansion. Everyone can see that when it happens, usually in very hot locations. Its expected and planned for. The rail is one rail running for hundreds of miles, to repair you cut a section of rail out, pull it together, and slag weld it. Water lines have "U" shaped sections built into them to allow for expansion, contraction. This is why many water lines are above ground to allow for expansion, and easy repair.

Believe it or not, the ground temperatures are pretty stable after a depth of about 8 feet.

Then you have the cooling effect of the pipe's contents.

A underground leak usually is unseen above ground, because gravity ...

I'd like to see real world examples of the underground u shaped expansion joints.

edit on 1-8-2021 by Mike27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike27

TextSun kinks are sections of rail road track that leave their containment because of expansion. Everyone can see that when it happens, usually in very hot locations. Its expected and planned for. The rail is one rail running for hundreds of miles, to repair you cut a section of rail out, pull it together, and slag weld it. Water lines have "U" shaped sections built into them to allow for expansion, contraction. This is why many water lines are above ground to allow for expansion, and easy repair.

Believe it or not, the ground temperatures are pretty stable after a depth of about 8 feet.

I'd like to see real world examples of the underground u shaped expansion joints.

Spot on. Once you get that deep the ground temp stays at about 50 degrees year round which provides stability against expansion and contraction.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike27

Underground does not use U joints, but rather accordion sections. Show me this pipe is 8 ft deep. If you study the 62 miles you find the vast majority of these leaks to surface on the road next to the line of stones. Leaks will follow the path of least resistance while under pressure, this pipeline is under pressure, correct? Ask anyone who has a main break what happens.

Believe me, I don't want to be arguing over this. New major discoveries unearthed in Ajoujk and I would like to cover them.

I cant go with, I think, or someone else says. Show me the evidence. I have found no leaking coming from within the stones themselves.

You should have argued the original pipe line under the stones was abandon, and a new pipeline was put in right next to the old one, that would have been believable. This pipe line sure is getting expensive...

But you have another problem to contend with. Some sections, are double rowed. How many pipelines were laid?

There is another possibility. Not going there right now, only going to post a image. Then off to Ajoujk...

edit on PMSundaySunday stAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago0286 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Yes look for other info. But I like to look at something by myself, first. Work through the logic independently, uniquely first, so I'm not just a sheep following the heard, sort of thinking. Then form my own conclusions. Then bump it against what everyone else has concluded. Not, first. This way my thinking is not being controlled by any other agenda, overt, or covert.

Here's where we differ. I prefer to do a quick check to see if anyone's already answered a question. And if I have time, I review it... but I have to spend time doing other things (for money) so I don't have many free hours for doing investigations.

The fact that it's modern and recent was enough. I don't need to identify it precisely because it's a very obvious thing, it's along a road that's traveled at least sometimes, in an area that was traveled many times by caravans and tourists. If something that long had been ancient, we'd have heard about it from many sources and it would be a destination (a "wonder" like the Roman causeways.)

I looked around for other pipe lines in Africa that use the same ideology of marking the location of buried pipe lines using large concrete, or stones of the same size or similar size that use two rows of offset spacing. Well, I just couldn't find any. All of the others are above ground on pedestals. Others are buried but only use sign posts every so many feet showing where the pipe is buried. If you ask me, the expense of marking a pipeline in the observed manner, is absolutely, insane. No wonder the original company went broke.

Terrain, materials, expertise, equipment all vary from project to project. Weather, money resources can constrain and change many details. I don't expect any two artifacts to look exactly the same (if you look at West Texas oilfields, no two pump sites look exactly the same.)

Your going to get LEAKS. Now, does your great mind see the columbo moment??

From this point there are possibilities but when you run them out, they end up illogical.

Did you figure into your equation that the pipeline has been shut down and is no longer in use? I may be imagining it but I thought that I read that.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join