It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not everyone is a sellout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Just watch this, then spread it far and wide:

This is pure logic. It's not offensive in any way, it's not biased in any way, it's easy to understand as long as one isn't a "REEEEE"-class democrat ruled by hatred and unable to think for himself.

There are people out there - well known across the political spectrum, because they're not directly related to politics - that are not afraid to speak their mind.

Kevin Sorbo is one example

Their voices need to be amplified. They're not politicians, they're known in many different circles, and they're making logical arguments about the whole mess. Arguments that can't be dismissed unless one turns off his brain.

If you know any others, especially those making logical statements instead of blindly supporting Trump, post them here.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Ah I see, so supporting Trump has to be illogical, okay, got it!

You really shouldn't do that, you alienate the people you're supposed to be talking to. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

You really shouldn't do that, you alienate the people you're supposed to be talking to. Thanks.

the hell are you even talking about.

all i'm saying is, some support one side or the other in a blind way, others try to convince people with logical arguments. you won't convince any democrats while quoting Jon Voight for example, they'll just say he's "gone" and a "bible thumper".

that's not to say those unable to provide logical arguments are in the wrong, but they can't prove they're right either, and that's needed to convince anyone, don't you think? also, those willing to speak to democrats they know to try to convince them about some issues, won't get alienated by a thread like this - or they don't care about convincing anyone in a calm, constructive way because they lost faith in other people.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

I have a timely bit of advice for hardcore Trump supporters that should really be common sense.

Read the content you respond to in full context before getting indignant and angry.

The OP didn't say that supporting Trump is always illogical, but obviously it can be illogical and that's what they address. I would think it's not a controversial opinion that you want to amplify the logical voices rather than the illogical ones.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

As far as right and wrong are concerned, you and this man in the video are most certainly right but,,, If there is one undisputable, irrefutable fact here is that extreme leftist, or right ideologs can not be logically reasoned with. I have already concluded that extremists personalities are a form of insanity. Insane individuals can not be reasoned with and their minds changed to recognize logic and reality is an exercise in futility. They are entrapped in their own ideological fantasies and no amount of discussion will move them to rationality. None!
edit on 16-1-2021 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

A narcissist is a narcissist is a narcissist.....

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

it's not even about Trump, although at this point if democrats get the presidency, it's game over. i'm not from the US, so i couldn't vote, and i'm not 100% certain Trump's plan, whatever it is, is good for the people in the long run. what's obvious is that democratic plan is even worse. but that's all conspiracy-level material, and with over 20k troops in DC and noone knowing WTF is going on there, it's all speculation.

all we can do is make decisions based on logical, unbiased thinking. the clip i've posted addresses media bias and the possible consequences, and that's just one side of the coin. Kevin Sorbo points out some hypocrisy related to that as well.

the thing is, they're pointing out how certain events are wrong for the people in general, regardless which side they're supporting. something may seem fine right now, but turn against the other side later on. those in power, especially corporations, don't really care about picking sides, they care about their own agendas. society as a whole should do the same - care about their own well being, regardless of which side you've voted on, because if there's a division as a result of one power or the other taking some action, that action tries to strip you of your choice, because one of the choices will make you a target. that shouldn't be tolerated and cannot be tolerated.

it's enough that people can hate each other for the choices made - it can be fixed, but the healing process can take some time. what can't be fixed in a simple way are corporations creating such division and manipulating people. corporations, media, politicians, anyone that has some sort of power and abuses it to further own agenda.

people should stand together, regardless which side they've voted on, because solving those problems won't be easy and requires cooperation. for that to happen though, logical, unbiased discussion is a prerequisite. otherwise people will just go deeper into the sh.tstorm they're in.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

i would make a distinction between "insane" and "brainwashed".

many people are just brainwashed, imho, and they can be helped. it won't be easy, but it's possible.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The problem here is that you are being logical here. Extremist are not logical.

Sane rational thought requires a balance or logic and emotion. When logic is taken out of the equation, emotion rules and irrationality consumes that person.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I base my opinion on not what is going on in our government but from personal experience within my own family. I have siblings that are not reachable.

And Lord have mercy, I have tried.

I should not have said siblings because one is the victim of severe depression.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
lulz troll lead err tech lead hahah I love this guy.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Everyone is a sellout, you just havent met their price.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

If truth does not virtually knock them on their asses, their minds are unreachable. They can not be swayed by mere discussion alone.

That truth was magnificently exhibited in the House of Representatives just a couple of days ago.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

what happened?

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: CharlesT

what happened?

I didn't measure twice before I made the cut.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Here's one -- from the first woman to be banned from Twitter for "misgendering" a very sick and disturbed man who identifies as a woman (Jonathan Yaniv). Her name is Meghan Murphy, she is from Canada, and is a "Radical" Feminist that speaks for women's sex-based rights, especially in terms of conflicts with the transgender "rights" being demanded, like access to women's/girl's sports.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

the whole identity politics is disgusting. TechLead mentioned it in one of his videos as well, i think in the same where he said he'll probably vote for Trump.

personally, i identify as a god, but so far the reality has some trouble listening to my command.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I can't believe you've heard of Yaniv. lol

That dude is his own comical rabbithole.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

the whole identity politics is disgusting.

Yes, it is. I'm so tired of the labels and boxes society lumps people into. That people lump themselves into! Now we have Critical Race Theory and intersectionality that want to rank these labels by level of oppression with brownie points for filling multiple categories. I can't. I just can't. It's just not that easy. Not that simple.

personally, i identify as a god, but so far the reality has some trouble listening to my command.

Oh my! What delusions of grandeur!!! I merely identify as the Queen of Everything, and my pronouns are your majesty/your highness/your everything. But I'm still having the same problem as you... go figure!

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

" jedi_hamster"

See what I mean?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join