It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 25,000 National Guard troops are headed to DC now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Up to 25,000 National Guard troops are headed to DC. It’s unclear why so many are needed.

The Pentagon has authorized up to 25,000 National Guard members to help secure Washington, DC, for President-elect Joe Biden’s Inauguration Day. That’s in addition to the thousands of US Secret Service, Capitol Police, and DC police that will be out in force for the event.

And so far, nobody — from the US Secret Service to the FBI to the National Guard itself — has provided a clear reason for why such a huge force is necessary to secure the nation’s capital.

This entire ramp up keeps getting more and more bizarre. Moreover, I can't seem to find out who is ordering all of these troops? This is now almost two and a half times more than all the troops we have in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The VOX article mentions another interesting angle, where apparently none of these troops are being tested for covid-19, and from some of the pictures I've seen, not all are wearing masks, despite DC's requirement to do so.

Finally, according to this source, it costs $530 a day to deploy a single guardsman. If these troops stay for 14 days, we will have spent a quarter of a billion dollars to protect what is essentially a virtual inauguration.

Does any of this make sense to anyone?

edit on 15-1-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

But I thought sending in troops to protect American citizens is the act of a fascist government....

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
At five thousand, the protestors probably decided they did not want to be there already. I suppose there will be a thousand journalists and antifa there waiting for them to come, and the Antifa will act like angry Trump reporters by putting MAGA hats on which the reporters will hand to them to make it look like they are Trump supporters.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   

A display of power. The twisted bread and circus is over perhaps.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   
False Flag Alert
or...
Trump actually won and they just can't break it to the people yet, so they are actually building up a force to stop the onslaught that will ensue.

One thing I do know is that each soldier should get a brand new My Pillow.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

A display of power. The twisted bread and circus is over perhaps.

cue the Clown Show.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
2021: the year of the multi-admin 👁️☠️👁️

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
False Flag Alert
or...
Trump actually won and they just can't break it to the people yet, so they are actually building up a force to stop the onslaught that will ensue.

One thing I do know is that each soldier should get a brand new My Pillow.

They look bored af, give them all nintendo switchs.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

If you disagree or even protest this administration, this is what will happen.

Rejoice in the new freedom from freedom! The People's Administration of Biden is here to has all your worries about personal liberties, individual rights and freedoms.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Biden has no current authority. Is this the mayor's doing? Are these president Trump's orders?

Someone is making this call. I'd really like to know who?

Doesn't it bother you that we don't know who's actually giving these orders?
edit on 15-1-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
That picture seems to show men, who have sworn to serve and protect their home, looking like they know this is a complete farce and waste of money.

What, do people think they enjoy sitting around? The fact their on DOMESTIC ground, armed with LETHAL means, means the only enemies they'll be using those live rounds on, is their neighbors, friends, families and fellow citizens.

link   

originally posted by: loam

Biden has no current authority. Is this the mayor's doing? Are these president Trump's orders?

I was just thinking the same thing.
I would think it would be on Trump’s orders.
25,000 troops would have to come from multiple states, I don’t think the mayor of DC could order up other states NG troops.

link   
What if all of these troops are just waiting for the call to come through from Lindell and then during the Inauguration, it just turns into the first episode of the Handmaid's Tale?

Naw?

link   
All I know, is I’m glad I’m not a Private that has to clean up the latrines when this fiasco is finished.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   
25000 troops who (more than likely) voted for Trump

Biden (the celebrated racist) won’t look a single one of them in the eye

link   
I've asked those questions to crickets.

Or better yet, because of right wing extremists.

Most people can't think beyond Facebook groups.

link   

Doubtful. Probably the mayor and Pelosi.

Same here, but no one is taking ownership.

Greatly. But I'm over-saturated by the current Purge. Really, it's become surreal.

link   

Or what cost code and who to bill!

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The fact we had Biden hijack live television to run his campaign ad, makes me doubt it was Trump.

Could be wrong, they could be waiting to turn face on traitors at the podium.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
At five thousand, the protestors probably decided they did not want to be there already. I suppose there will be a thousand journalists and antifa there waiting for them to come, and the Antifa will act like angry Trump reporters by putting MAGA hats on which the reporters will hand to them to make it look like they are Trump supporters.

Not a single person on Earth denies that’s what’s going to happen

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join