It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those of you who proudly support Biden/Harris, may I ask why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No I believe those things would not negatively affect the economy, in fact the opposite. But that is an argument over economics. The op stated that we do not have reasons. a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

His handling of Covid was a disaster? Lol. He led us through the best possible scenario. Millions where expected to die.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

It sounds like you're describing Hitler,not Biden.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

No, I am not. When Biden would talk about his plan, it was basically everything already being done.

Do you even understand what I am saying about single payer health care?

I am saying that if you want to talk about having our government run it, then they need to take the system they already control: public education. And they need to clean it up and make it a model of success and cost efficiency. If they can do that, then we can talk again about them taking over another system. Until then, I look at their increasingly horrible performance there and ask how you think it would be any better if they ran health care for all of us.

The left's policies are open borders. If you aren't for it, then you can't vote for them. They offer you nothing else.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
No I believe those things would not negatively affect the economy, in fact the opposite. But that is an argument over economics. The op stated that we do not have reasons. a reply to: ketsuko

You don't believe it?

You should look to where those things have been implemented. They are indeed the results.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Lets be honest here, the only reason Trump won office was because he wasn't Hillary. The only reason Biden won was because he wasn't Trump.

The sad state here is that in the last two elections with a population of over 300 Million people in the country, the best we had to Offer was Trump V. Clinton and Trump V. Biden.

The problem lies there..

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: XCrycek

His handling of Covid was a disaster? Lol. He led us through the best possible scenario. Millions where expected to die.

Well, it's not over. There's still hope.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

If that were true,then why did so many vote to re-elect him?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm not exactly one who "proudly supports Biden." I didn't even vote for him. Although this is the closest I've come to actually voting for a President.

The reason?

The classic "Lesser of Two Evils."

When Biden won the primary I had no intention of supporting him. He's admittedly a terrible candidate.

This last year however demonstrated very succinctly why Trump should not be allowed anywhere near the Big Chair.

That's what almost caused me to vote for a man who's not too dissimilar from Good Ole Dubya.
edit on 1/13/2021 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ok well it is a bit off track of the thread but anyways. A $15 minimum wage will put a lot more money in people's pockets which they will spend, therefore helping small businesses. Bezos and crew will not make quite as many billions as they will have to pay there employees a living wage. Protecting the environment will give us better health and peace of mind, not to mention new greener industries. You call 2 grand a bribe, I call it saving lives and boosting the economy. And we should make it $1000 monthly as we will have to sooner or later as technology makes labor a thing of the past. a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

No one has ever said his base didn't like him, but his base alone wasn't enough to get him elected. If it were, then he would still be president.

Trump's base is much larger than Biden's.. I'd say that 50-60% of Biden's votes came from the fact he wasn't Trump.. Where Trump probably has about an 80-85% of the vote base..

I personally don't know anyone that is real excited about Biden specifically.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

As I've said on the past, until someone actually nominates a good candidate, antipathy towards a candidate will be a better predictor over enthusiasm.

link   
I support Biden because he is a polished career politician who knows his way around the corruption in the political arena and knows how to get his.

He's the kind of guy who puts his family first, himself second and his country last.

He knows the secret to a successful America is plenty of cheap goods brought to us from china, and that big business wins with slave labor.
He knows a successful Chinese economy means more profits for himself and huge corporations.

I like Kamala cause she puts out.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Bunch

No, I am not. When Biden would talk about his plan, it was basically everything already being done.

Do you even understand what I am saying about single payer health care?

I am saying that if you want to talk about having our government run it, then they need to take the system they already control: public education. And they need to clean it up and make it a model of success and cost efficiency. If they can do that, then we can talk again about them taking over another system. Until then, I look at their increasingly horrible performance there and ask how you think it would be any better if they ran health care for all of us.

The left's policies are open borders. If you aren't for it, then you can't vote for them. They offer you nothing else.

I wish these were the discussion happening BEFORE the election.

When it came to COVID it was a chance for Trump to show BIG leadership. He saw the markets tanks and he panicked, had he said: "Look people this ChinaVirus was sent to defeat us!!, lets stay at home, wear a mask, I'm working on a vaccine and lets get vaccinated ALL of us as soon as possible"...his supporters wouldnt have questioned it at all!!! and I'm pretty sure he would had been re-elected without question. He didn't...he went with his gut instinct, didn't listen to his scientific advisors and many have paid the price. Biden has said from Day 1 that he will listen to the science. I know you will fight what I'm saying and this would be another topic that we would have to agree to disagree.

When it comes to healthcare I think public education wouldn't be a great area to compare it to. Maybe Medicare or the VA system or both. I think if they get those two systems operating at high efficiency for the patient then single payer could be a realistic option but their are other areas that can be improved without going straight to single payer.

On immigration my main concern is the people that are already here. Lets give this people a path for citizenship, that's not something terrible to ask specially given all the inroads that Trump made with Latino voters. We take care of them and then lets make sure we have solid immigration policy with a secure border as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

I'm well aware as to why those who support Trump do.

They've listed their reasons countless times, and it seems like logical reasoning to me.

There is no logic involved with blindly supporting anyone!

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

💯 agree with this. As we have been shown also, YOU HAVE TO BE AN ELITE, to run for potus. After trump, I bet they will pass new laws in there 6000 page bills that none of these lazy ass politicians even read before passing.

I can’t believe I even wrote that as a matter of fact but it’s true, our United States government passes bills into law without even reading them, and our media you know the institution meant to speak for the people does not question it.

At this point it matters not who is stearin the titanic into the iceberg.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Trump is elite, Biden too. If you really want someone who is not elite vote AOC 2024. a reply to: Bicent

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
How many reasons do you need? $15 minimum wage, $2000 stimulus checks, Environmental protections. There are more but at what point will you say oh, ok.

Increasing the minimum wage isn't a solution to proverty, as the cost of living is also ever increasing.

All it does is bridge the gap between lower income and middle income, while the gap between the top and the middle/lower continues to increase.

Continuing this ad infinitum would result in two classes divided by a severe gap: the rich and the poor.

As for the stimulus check, it is my understanding that Trump did all that he could to get a stimulus check out as soon as possible, but like dogs and cats, they just couldn't get along.

I may be wrong here, I haven't spent much time looking into this.

I find the specifics of politics to be an absolute bore.

As for environment protection, that's very vague.

Has he done a lot for the environment in his last 47 years?

It's easy to shut down one business in favor of another and claim it be for preservation of our planet.

Someone mentioned better Covid management.

How could you know?

I remember when Biden attacked Trump for closing the borders prematurely, and yet accused him of being too late at another time.

So far, the Trump supporters make for a much better case.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ras321

No thanks lol takes more than being a hipster to govern. 😛I hear ya thou. 👍

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

We agree on something, I never voted for trump yet defended him often.

Refused to vote for either party since listening to ross perot all those years ago, the man was bang on with economic impacts that were coming.

Left me so angry I said never again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join