It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikki Haley Likens Trump Twitter Suspension to Act of Communism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Link Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley took to social media Friday evening to slam tech giants and their efforts aimed at “silencing people,” claiming that type of behavior is “what happens in China, not our country.”

Haley’s remarks were made in a tweet, which was released shortly after Twitter announced it would permanently ban American President Donald J. Trump from its platform.

Silencing people, not to mention the President of the US, is what happens in China not our country. #Unbelievable — Nikki Haley (@NikkiHaley) January 8, 2021

The article goes on to expose the hypocrisy by comparing the Twitter 'notifications' that contest the veracity of what's being tweeted ... to Twitter completely ignoring Iran’s Ayatollah saying the Holocaust didn’t happen.

I have to say I somewhat admire Nikki Haley. I wish she had primaried Trump. Doesn't mean she's not a gooberment tax leech or that I trust her pretty face implicitly. She's usually on-point ... and deserves that earned credit.

Big tech's attempt to crush Parler is another thing I wish she would publicly address ... and soon.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

That word has lost all meaning due to people like Haley using it as an insult against everything. There used to be conservative arguments, people making good points against arguments. Now there is just a blanket charge of communism, against any and everything.

Seems the days of thinking conservatives are long gone, if they ever really existed.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Last time I looked Twitter was a private company, they have Terms and Conditions just like ATS does. If an individual breaks them - consistently then it's only right they deal with it - just like ATS would. That's not communism, it's a company exercising its rights.

All this whining is getting unseemly now.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Two things people REALLY need to study...
Real communism
What freedom of speech is.

It is apparent nobody understands anymore.

PS. Yes the tech giants are shutting down certain people, #1 are they private companies MUCH like the Christian bakers that don’t want to bake gay wedding cakes? It seems like everyone was all for It’s their business it’s their right except with it comes back to slap them in the face on a larger scale.

#2 Is anything in world preventing conservatives from starting their own social media sites?

Hm....

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What no one seems to be seeing is that we did just fine without platforms like MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, et al.

People have done far more damage to themselves and societies in general by using them. It has nothing to do with our rights, it has everything to do with our public behavior. And over the last ten years or so we've seen the results of that.

link   

Really? You think Xi Jinping would get banned from Sina Weibo, or ever censored or cancelled or publicly mentioned in any other form than heavily ass kissing?
On what planet? What #ing China are you people talking about? Are these slip throughs from a parallel world?

link   

Trump wanted to " silence " ANTIFA.

What goes around comes around.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
#2 Is anything in world preventing conservatives from starting their own social media sites?

Hm....

The last thought in my OP?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Antifa is domestic terrorist organization that uses mayhem, destruction and intimidation against anyone who doesn’t think like they do.
Much like the Democrats/Liberals.
Do some research.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Hm....

The last thought in my OP?

Exactly, it’s is not owned by them, it was merely an app.

That’s like me owning a house and letting you rent a room.
Honey, you need to get your own house!
edit on 9-1-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
No use in complaining about it rather than just stop using the platform. Dorsey owns Square also so just do not use his services. The people gave them their power by using them, so take it back.

You will start to see Facebook and Twitter go the way of MySpace.
edit on 9-1-2021 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

You will start to see Facebook and Twitter go the way of MySpace

People have been saying that for years. Not happening anytime soon.
Last I read FB was actually growing due to overseas growth.

Also as soon as Parlor was shut down everyone was back on FB squaking.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Antifa is domestic terrorist organization that uses mayhem, destruction and intimidation against anyone who doesn’t think like they do.
Do some research.

Sounds like Trump then, encouring the baying mob to storm the American Seat Of Government.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Do some research.

Sounds like Trump then, encouring the baying mob to storm the American Seat Of Government.

Wrong again.
That’s not what he did.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Do some research.

Wrong again.
That’s not what he did.

The video evidence is available if you care to look

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

If...repeat....if there's any truth in rumours that Jack is a tool of the intelligence agencies, I hope he enjoys the smugness for now.

When he's outlived his usefulness.....

Do we get the last laugh?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Your argument will eventually boil down to who controls infrastructure. I know you're smart enough to know this too.

Remember the recent bombing in Tennessee? Was your cellular service down for a couple of days?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Your argument will eventually boil down to who controls infrastructure. I know you're smart enough to know this too.

Remember the recent bombing in Tennessee? Was your cellular service down for a couple of days?

Until FB, Twitter etc. is deemed a public utility it is still just a private company.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Do some research.

Wrong again.
That’s not what he did.

The video evidence is available if you care to look

He didn't tell them to storm anything....just stop.
He said go there and protest, make your voice heard.
Where were you when these mental defectives said these things?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

That word has lost all meaning due to people like Haley using it as an insult against everything. There used to be conservative arguments, people making good points against arguments. Now there is just a blanket charge of communism, against any and everything.

Seems the days of thinking conservatives are long gone, if they ever really existed.

I can add some other words to that one.

Racist
Homophobe
Triggered

The newest is “terrorist” after making a comeback from the early 2000’s

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join