It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Apple threatens to remove Parler from its App Store

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Now Trump's Twitter account is banned

Coup de Tweet canceled.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I eat apples, I don't use them to communicate. Never have, never will. Never was registered on Facebook, never will be. Never had enough self-importance to join Twitter either.

I feel confident the network I post on values the free speech of everyone. This is why we need to stick together, all of ATS, not just one group.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Nothing comes for free.

I know from first hand experience my old boss used the iphones he gave our installers he bought and paid the accounts for to track them on installs. I helped my manager set up the software on the computer.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have been out of pocket for the day and just sat down to check all the Twitter accounts I check everyday, and most of them are gone! Gen. Flynn? really? Even his sister, who has supported him through thick and thin, was suspended.

And now I hear this about Apple's threat regarding Parler.

They are now emboldened. These are your globalist borg overlords now, and "you WILL be assimilated"!

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You want to see people rebel? You stop letting them blow off steam through speech. If they can't use words, they resort to deeds.

The Big One in Cali can't come fast enough. It might be a mercy at this point.

The left is forgetting the words of its last actual Liberal President....

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

John F Kennedy

So be it.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Nothing comes for free.

I know from first hand experience my old boss used the iphones he gave our installers he bought and paid the accounts for to track them on installs. I helped my manager set up the software on the computer.

I've known my boss for 20 years, even before I started working with him. I've gotten drunk with him, smoked weed with him, visited him while he was in a coma after a motorcycle accident in Montana, heck, he even bailed me out a few years back when I got a DUI. I have no doubt whatsoever that he isn't spying on me.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The great TP WAR of 2021

wow... you can't make this stuff up.

edit on 8-1-2021 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well twitter and Googleplay may ban it. If you have a Samsung device, you can for the time being download it from the Galaxy store...

And for a limited engagement till i delete it... PARLER! not PARLOR.

(post by Arizonaguy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Now Trump's Twitter account is banned

He didn't need it anymore anyway. Still, pretty funny that Jack can delete it, but someone in government prevented Trump from banning hecklers.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Well twitter and Googleplay may ban it. If you have a Samsung device, you can for the time being download it from the Galaxy store...

And for a limited engagement till i delete it... PARLER! not PARLOR.

I never typed Parlor, so I don't kniw what you're going on about

(post by peck420 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

There were a couple post in here that spelled it parlor, was trying to point others in the right direction by stating it's Parler with an "e".

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

"A major political party and massive multinational corporations are removing their political opposition

Its a cultural coup"

Tim Pool - twitter

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yeah, I was just reading that thread of Tim's..notice a couple of people telling him he's next

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   

To quote Arnold Schwarzenegger..."Come on(apple)! Do it!"

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Apple is currently threatening to ban Parler—the free speech alternative to Twitter—unless the social media platform conforms to Big Tech's authoritarian censorship practices.

Two sources familiar with Apple's threats told The Federalist's Sean Davis that the ban will occur "unless the service enacts draconian censorship policies demanded by left-wing Big Tech oligarchs."

Well that didn't take long, and I'm sure Google will announce something similar as well. All of this seems a little too planned out to be spur of the moment. How long has this been in the works, I wonder?

Oh, and before the usual suspects barge into the thread screaming " CAPITALISM BRO!"...just remember, Big Tech receives Massive tax breaks, subsidies, and contracts from the government, so I believe they should be held to a higher standard, or pay it all back and sever business ties with the government.

thepostmillennial.com...

This could shape out to be the best legal battles that settles a lot of things when it comes to Big Tech/apps/Speech and all. If I'm not mistaken Parler is partially funded by the Mercer Family and they are LOADED!! They can afford to take this all the way to SCOTUS.

And how SCOTUS will rule? Is a super conservative majority but at the same time VERY deferential to businesses. This could turn out to be the best legal case of the decade.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join