It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Apple threatens to remove Parler from its App Store

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Apple is currently threatening to ban Parler—the free speech alternative to Twitter—unless the social media platform conforms to Big Tech's authoritarian censorship practices.

Two sources familiar with Apple's threats told The Federalist's Sean Davis that the ban will occur "unless the service enacts draconian censorship policies demanded by left-wing Big Tech oligarchs."

Well that didn't take long, and I'm sure Google will announce something similar as well. All of this seems a little too planned out to be spur of the moment. How long has this been in the works, I wonder?

Oh, and before the usual suspects barge into the thread screaming " CAPITALISM BRO!"...just remember, Big Tech receives Massive tax breaks, subsidies, and contracts from the government, so I believe they should be held to a higher standard, or pay it all back and sever business ties with the government.

thepostmillennial.com...

(post by MotherMayEye removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Why bother going through the formalities. Apple should just ban parlor and anyone else they want to ban.

You don't need an Apple App Store version of parlor in order to view and use it.

Who is in charge of the internet? Shutting that down is how you stop Communications.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Welcome to the future of the internet
Welcome to the (political) machine

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why bother going through the formalities. Apple should just ban parlor and anyone else they want to ban.

You don't need an Apple App Store version of parlor in order to view and use it.

Who is in charge of the internet? Shutting that down is how you stop Communications.

Des it end at Apple and Google play though? What's next? What if your ISP decides they won't allow it?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

True but it never ends there when it comes to free speech competition.

Many say, just go make a platform.... well you can't because they will come after them. After banning them from the most popular affiliates, they will go after their hosting, go after funding by not allowing credit card payments, paypal, etc until they cannot compete.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Of note is this message sent from Apple to Parler , snippet taken from same link..

"We want to make it clear that Parler is in fact responsible for all the user generated content present on your service and for ensuring that this content meets App Store requirements for the safety and protection of our users," the warning continued, quoting Matze for insisting that he nor the platform should be responsible for what their "neutral town square" posts. "We don't distribute apps that present dangerous and harmful content," admins rebutted.

So big tech hides behind Sec. 230 , but thinks anything on the other side of the ideological axiom is responsible for everything their users post. there's a word for that

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Well, we all know that you cannot have a tyrannical government with a citizenry with an opposing viewpoint...

2021 is shaping up just like I thought it would.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

originally posted by: carewemust

Des it end at Apple and Google play though? What's next? What if your ISP decides they won't allow it?

Exactly... what happens when they can no longer make revenue because all avenues are blocked by the big tech / finance consortium?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The crackdown on the internet and free speech is coming. Encryption'll be on the chopping block soon, small websites and communities outside the big corporate bubbles will be the next targets.

It won't be hard. A huge part of the infrastructure of the internet either runs on google or Amazon's services. Google runs a DNS service a huge number of devices are pointed to by default, with the option to change it slowly being taken away. Amazon's AWS powers a huge number of servers and infrastructure.

Increasingly, facebook is becoming the arbiter of news. In countries like the Philippines, if you don't have data, you get free data, which.gives you access to facebook, this program.is sponsored by facebook. Many people opt to just use their free data there and only see what facebook allows.

It's sad. This problem could have been avoided, but people opted for locked down fancy toys controlled by a corporation instead of spending the small amount of effort it would have taken to learn how to use computers enough to understand just how much bull# those companies were offering and what's being taken away.

The internet we've had up until this point has been one of the greatest things humanity's ever invented. It gave everyone, anywhere a voice and the power to better their lives by connecting and even creating their own business opportunities with anyone in the world. Instead, we let massive corporations take it over and now we're being locked out.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You want to see people rebel? You stop letting them blow off steam through speech. If they can't use words, they resort to deeds.

The Big One in Cali can't come fast enough. It might be a mercy at this point.
edit on 8-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

Apple is currently threatening to ban Parler—the free speech alternative to Twitter—unless the social media platform conforms to Big Tech's authoritarian censorship practices.

Two sources familiar with Apple's threats told The Federalist's Sean Davis that the ban will occur "unless the service enacts draconian censorship policies demanded by left-wing Big Tech oligarchs."

Well that didn't take long, and I'm sure Google will announce something similar as well. All of this seems a little too planned out to be spur of the moment. How long has this been in the works, I wonder?

Oh, and before the usual suspects barge into the thread screaming " CAPITALISM BRO!"...just remember, Big Tech receives Massive tax breaks, subsidies, and contracts from the government, so I believe they should be held to a higher standard, or pay it all back and sever business ties with the government.

thepostmillennial.com...

Apparently there was a massive purge of any Trump supporters on Twitter , Facebook, Reddit.... Facebook even shut down the Walk Away Campaign....

Powell, Flynn and other banned...

It really shows you how hypocritical and evil leftist really are when given power. I'd love our resident boot lickers to come in here and justify it...

Parler App Cancellation

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Justify it? They're cheering it. There's at least one posting so fast about people being arrested because he thinks they're actually rounding up all those dirty Republicans that I suspect his keyboard may be sticky.

(post by olaru12 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Part of me wants big tech to get the communist revolution they seem to so desparately yearn for.

We all know that the wealthy, bourgeois class does absolutely brilliantly under Communism after all.

edit on 812021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Use often...
tweetdelete.net...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Twitter is now just a Lefty echo chamber of unhinged, irrational hate. I peeked in earlier. It was disturbing to see them feeding off each other.

That's what Parler is like only right wing, unhinged, irrational hate, echo chamber. Disturbing to see them feeding off each other.

That's what happens when the powers ruling Twat decided they could not abide conflicting opinions.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I thought only neckbeard leftie morons that like to burn money use apple these days anyways.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Some of us receive a new iPhone every year from our jobs. Unless I want to carry around 2 phones all the time I have no choice.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Now Trump's Twitter account is banned

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join