It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left wing Brits on the Capitol building invasion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What happened yesterday was terrible but Biden calling it the darkest day in Americas history 🙄.

*September 11th 2001 has entered the chat*

I also wonder if all this attention would be the same if it was the Democrats storming the building... no I expect then it would be ok.

T reaction from the BBC and CNN is so over the top its cringeworthy. Trump did not hold a gun to his supporters heads and make them invade the building, no matter how many times people try and blame it on him, these people were adults and had their own mind and they decided to storm the building.

Also for what it's worth, this is the UK, not America. He is not our president and nor is Joe Biden so I think its high time this country stopped investing 99% of its time in Americas politics and focused on things at home. I have had to suffer the last couple of years of Sadiq Khan ignoring London because he's too busy worrying about what trump is doing. It's boring now.

Watching the dems and the do gooders here in the UK foaming at the mouth in sheer excitement because they can use this event to make Trumps last few days in office difficult is pathetic and cringeworthy... Get a grip, you dems have got your little commie china sympathising child sniffing Biden in power and as for my British brothers and sisters, calm down and stop worrying about politics in other countries, take a seat in your safe spaces and go back to focusing your efforts on trying to overturn the brexit vote.

Thanks
edit on 7-1-2021 by fusionfilm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: fusionfilm

*September 11th 2001 has entered the chat*

On that note...this year's the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Wonder what kind of 'celebrations' the government'll have cooked up for that.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

As a fellow Brit, I find American politics much more interesting than English politics.

Also whatever (significant) happens over there, does effect us here, as well as many other countries.

So it's a no brainer for me.

(for the record, I think the dems and liberals are worse than the R's, not necessarily by a lot though!)
edit on 7-1-2021 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

As a fellow Brit, I find American politics much more interesting than English politics.

Also whatever (significant) happens over there, does effect us here, as well as many other countries.

Why does it affect us here? I keep hearing this crap, explain how?

How does the current events in America affect our lives exactly apart from triggering a few snowflakes, seriously?

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm

How does the current events in America affect our lives exactly apart from triggering a few snowflakes, seriously?

There's a few ways, have a quick look online 👍🏼

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
.....and not one American gives a damn. When the people of the UK vote, do they worry about what the people in Japan may think ?
Australia ?
Germany ?

Does the opinion of people from other countries influence the way you vote ?

The people of the UK voted for BREXIT, despite the opinion of other countries in the E.U. who wanted to keep control.
How did that work out ?

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Trump did not hold a gun to his supporters heads and make them invade the building,

He is not our president and nor is Joe Biden so I think its high time this country stopped investing 99% of its time in Americas politics and focused on things at home.
Watching the dems and the do gooders here in the UK foaming at the mouth in sheer excitement because they can use this event to make Trumps last few days in office difficult is pathetic and cringeworthy... Get a grip, you dems have got your little commie china sympathising child sniffing Biden in power and as for my British brothers and sisters, calm down and stop worrying about politics in other countries,
Thanks

seems like you have an opinion on American politics, why is it that you wish to deny others the same right you have just expressed? is it because it may differ from your own, guess what you could have done instead of make a thread about it "stop worrying about politics in other countries"

on an international website and a one off event, are people not permitted to express their views, perhaps you could ban us ala facebook/twitter, anyhow I enjoyed reading your thoughts and opinions.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Lol i didn't think so, I rest my case

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Who are you to demand that we show no interest in U.S politics? The king of the internet?

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Attacked from without (within) 9/11.

Attacked from within (without) 1/6/2021.

Pick your poison.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The people of the UK voted for BREXIT, despite the opinion of other countries in the E.U. who wanted to keep control.
How did that work out ?

Great thanks. No one stormed the Houses of Parliament, and we all just stayed home due to the Covid lockdown III.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Couldn't even get past the title, could you?

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Attacked from without (within) 9/11.

Attacked from within (without) 1/6/2021.

Pick your poison.

Life goes on within and without you.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Also for what it's worth, this is the UK, not America. He is not our president and nor is Joe Biden so I think its high time this country stopped investing 99% of its time in Americas politics and focused on things at home.

Except the President of the USA is our President , we are joined at the hip , it matters to us both politically and financially.

Personally I thought Trump was good entertainment , GW Bush x10.

Piss poor for the World though.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
US politics and current affairs has a major impact on the UK. Politicians call it the 'special relationship' but it mainly means we're entirely dependent on the US for defence, a strong economy, trade, political and diplomatic relations and cultural fads like wokeism, BLM, PC etc. We pay back by being allies in pretty much every conflict the US has been in.

I think you'll find the majority of the UK posters commenting on the subject are anti-democrat and voted for Brexit, quite a few are right wing Tory voters as far as I'm aware.

Are there any Brits that support the Dems on ATS? I was under the impression we all thought they have no real policies and Kamala belongs in prison or a mental asylum.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
in all honesty I would rather watch hours of the house of commons than 5 mins of congress.

its nuts watching the frothing at the mouth over trump with less than 2 weeks left in office, why care the orange man will be gone before many people get another paycheck.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Lol i didn't think so, I rest my case

OK, lol

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This has been a long-term development, going back to the very beginning of the Trump era. They've also jumped on to the BLM bandwagon. It may be partly a symptom of running out of real and believable grievances at home, so that the left has to borrow protest excuses from other countries and past history.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
US politics and current affairs has a major impact on the UK. Politicians call it the 'special relationship' but it mainly means we're entirely dependent on the US for defence, a strong economy, trade, political and diplomatic relations and cultural fads like wokeism, BLM, PC etc. We pay back by being allies in pretty much every conflict the US has been in.

I think you'll find the majority of the UK posters commenting on the subject are anti-democrat and voted for Brexit, quite a few are right wing Tory voters as far as I'm aware.

Are there any Brits that support the Dems on ATS? I was under the impression we all thought they have no real policies and Kamala belongs in prison or a mental asylum.

Lol you got to be joking, wait until the Scottish members see this thread

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

British brothers and sisters, calm down and stop worrying about politics in other countries, take a seat in your safe spaces and go back to focusing your efforts on trying to overturn the brexit vote.

I'm calm, and have remained so throughout.

So, how do we overturn Brexit?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join