It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise of Androgyny. The focus of the new Hollywood/Liberal Agenda

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I think me and you agree on a lot more than I had initially thought.

I hate the idea of manipulative, suggestive influence on entertainment/art/advertising/information

I agree with everything you said in this paragraph. The idea that the media we consume can be used to influence us on a subconscious level is a no brainer, I just think the OP has a problem with people who look a certain way and I take issue with what he said and the example he gave.

I pay for YouTube now, so no ads, but I certainly agree there's clear bias (i.e. the demonetization of channels who even mention certain topics, regardless of how hard they worked on the content and the veracity of what's said). It's a problem which if it continues will drive quality content creators away from the platform.

conflation of gender identity and (homo)-sexuality, which to me seems a bit of a generalization.

If there was, it was a misunderstanding. I simply brought up homosexuality as an example of a group of people who weren't fairly represented in the media, despite them being part of society. I certainly don't believe that just because a person identifies as a homosexual they must necessarily behave in a certain way. People are complex, so I daren't make assumptions.

I think there are people that have no issues with homosexuality, but are perplexed/confused by intentionally vague gender/adrogeny as the OP put it.

I think that's a fair take, but I don't think that was the OP's sentiment. I believe they simply dislike it and don't want it to see it on TV etc. which I take issue with. Especially when it's the same OP who has made blasé racial comments.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Trumpf Jr. used anti-trans hysteria to help inflame a violent mob last week. I'm sure the intolerant hard-right wingnuts at ATS will continue to attempt to do the same. It won't work, this is the internet age, you can't put this genie back in the bottle. Only bigoted evangelical boomer/breeders are rattled by androgyny or transgender in 2021. This topic, and anything to do with sexuality really, is pure, unadulterated catnip for black pills and incels.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Guys come on, is not longer gender indentification racist? and prejudiced? new law is coming, now they are called IT.

Have fun with that one guys, I am starting to see this new IT generation everywhere I got, lately specially the Justin Beaver look alike looks. That is priceless.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
While the movie Zoolander 2 really sucked, it did have Benedict Cumberbatch in the role of the androgynous "All". And the laughter I got from that farce made sitting through the rest totally worth it.

Im going to be honest here: i don't care how androgynous people look. I don't care who they decide to get naked with, if anyone at all. None of this should matter. I mean, what happens in your crotch SHOULD be important to you. What others do with theirs should be the last concern you have.

What this boils down to is masculinity feeling unnerved by androgyny. I get it. Its something we all feel a tinge of. But if you just remind yourself that its none of your business and has no effect on you, you can quickly get back to letting people live their lives however makes them happy.

If you need some immersion therapy, i recommend looking up Tonetta and watching some of his videos.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join