It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stargate SG1 and the simi hidden models and pictues in the series

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
there its the TR-2, the F22 before it was popular/gray, B2 pins, in season 8 episode 8 in the office of the CEO and in the building he owns there are some interesting aircraft hanging on the wall and as models from the sealing

the USAF and other USGOV agencies were HEAVILY involved in that show and weren't shy about their involvement off.

there was even a documentary that showed the 117's companion that seems to have been scrubbed from normal TV

what would the chances of AFOSI and others using shows like the Xfiles and and SG1 to 'inoculate the public?

little nods in the back ground like the 117's shadow

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

what would the chances of AFOSI and others using shows like the Xfiles and and SG1 to 'inoculate the public?

i would say yes. both for concepts and disinfo been doing it for years.

The Department of Defense regularly cooperates with Hollywood on projects large and small, from Lifetime’s fictional Army base-set series “Army Wives” and CBS’ naval police procedural “NCIS” to Paramount Pictures’ warring robots franchise “Transformers” and Sony’s Columbia Pictures film “Battle: Los Angeles,” about Marines fighting an alien invasion. The military has allowed Universal Pictures to film its upcoming action movie “Battleship” on the battleship Missouri and permitted Navy SEALs to appear in Relativity Media’s February thriller “Act of Valor.”

Each branch of the armed forces has its own intermediary to the film and television industries, all of them housed in an office building on Wilshire Boulevard in Westwood, while the DOD overseas the largest-scale collaborations from Washington. Some Hollywood heavyweights including “Black Hawk Down” producer Jerry Bruckheimer and “Transformers” director Michael Bay have enjoyed long affiliations with the offices. Strub said the number of productions — including documentaries and even game shows — that receive some form of military assistance annually are too many to quantify and said that producers reimburse the government for out-of pocket expenses such as dedicated flight hours or servicepersons’ time.

The U.S. military’s Hollywood connection

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

And there's the rumor from the 90s that the government was behind the making of "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind".

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

there are pictures of aircraft that were still gray when the show was filmed,

the show is basically a USAF recruiting videos'
you don't think they would throw in a few treats for those in the know ?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I never knew that tidbit about the companion been shown on the show. Been trying to find out what that bird is/was for a while now but still havent hit the nail on the head.

Always enjoyed stargate and the SG1 series, I'll watch more intently when I go through it again at some point

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

Always enjoyed stargate and the SG1 series, I'll watch more intently when I go

all three were great shows. i was very disappointed when the syfy pulled their bull sh@@ with SGU. that's happened to a lot of shows in the recent past years. 13 show seasons, and then they cut them in half so you have to wait 6 months or better for the end of the season. hell you forget that they are coming back on and get interested in something else or they change something.

edit on 30-12-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Havent had the pleasure of that 3rd show, unfortunately, I'll save it for a binge watch maybe.

I know what you mean about how shows are edited these days, its honestly my biggest gripe. Some shows have an excellent plot and outline but you do get the feeling that so much of the good stuff is left on the floor. Reality adventure type shows suffer a similar misfortune, only with them you only seem to get a new ten minutes of show each week as a lot is rehashed in every show, before and after every advertisement, it's such a waste of time.
edit on 30/12/2020 by Catch_a_Fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Yes, apparently based on the hollaman ufo landing, I think. You can even put names to associated characters if you wanted to really dig. It's a novel idea but I'm sure it's been done a lot more than people realise, truth in plain sight keeps people blinded.... apparently.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The nude scene in SG1.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I've been entertaining to watch Stargate but there are so many versions. Is this the true deal? SG1?

It has nothing to do with the comment above me, just saying..

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Cooperation isn't the same as leaking classified aircraft and systems.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

yeah SG1 if your gonna start a series, or the movie if you havent seen that yet. The nude scene, if I remember rightly, was done in an Austin powers style, type of scene, where props are strategically placed to save a few red faces. I'm sure it was hilarious filming it...... for some.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
I've been entertaining to watch Stargate but there are so many versions. Is this the true deal? SG1?

It has nothing to do with the comment above me, just saying..
Full frontal. Enjoy

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

there was even a documentary that showed the 117's companion that seems to have been scrubbed from normal TV

It would mean alot to more than one member here to even see a rough sketch of that, regardless of how mundane or un-extraordinary it may be.

On topic though Ive often thought movies like G.I. Joe and Stealth had some imaginations from DARPA and similar agencies running wild. Maybe not showing off what they had but what they were wanting to develop?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I remember having YF-22/23 and B-2 Revell models well before Stargate movie/series. Does that make me an insider now?

I don't remember seeing any new/unknown aircraft in that show, besides the fantasy stuff like the F-302.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Loved SG1 it's been since forever that we've been blessed with well written an done Sy-Fy.

Currently discovered "Expanse" over on amazon prime. It's just as good as SG1.
Only have noticed a few glitches with it. Like a couple of props that should have been bolted down in no-G, and silly stuff like that. But those mistakes are minor.

Oddly the alien tech designs are reminiscent of the patterns you see in a polished piece of meteorite.
Not sure why we depict alien design always in asymmetrical pattern?

Maybe one of y'all have figured that conundrum out?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

And there's the rumor from the 90s that the government was behind the making of "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind".

Dr J Allen Hynek was a consultant for the movie IIRC.
He was a UFO researcher for the USAF,and was the guy who created the "close encounter" sytem-1st kind,2nd kind etc.
Was supposedly a big part of "project blue book."
He actually had a cameo role in the movie,as one of the scientists at the UFO landing site-He is one of the guys in white clothes who "meets" the aliens when they emerge from the craft.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CopeLongCut

yea that was when it originally on Showtime's sci fi friday

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Unrelated to everything except SG1, I know Ingrid Kavelaars' parents fairly well, and used to deal with her dad for their farm business. Small world...

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

The nude scene, if I remember rightly, was done in an Austin powers style, type of scene, where props are strategically placed to save a few red faces.

that's not how i remember it. when it came out on showtime, now on sci-fi reruns it was cut.

it was season 1, episode 1 or 2 was a 2 parter , iwhen oneil and crew went to Abydos, after Apophis and Teal'c with other jaffa come to earth looking for hosts and took the woman guard.

sg1 and (not called that if yet) i remember correctly had sent kleeen x through the gate to Daniel, if you remember in the movie james spader was always blowin his nose. any way he sends the box back empty with send more written on it.

oneil carter kawalsky and some others guys, bit parts. go through to and find jackson. while there daniel takes carter oneil and kawalsk to a map room where he tells them he thinks it a the stargate is a network of worm holes and that the cartouches are coordinates for different gates.

during this apophis and teal's with the other jaffa come to abydos looking for more hosts. they get in a firefight and kill one of the other people that came with oneil and take Skaara his brother in law and oneils little buddy and Sha're daniels wife.
later oneil,cater, kawalsky and jackson come back from the map room and find out what happened and jackson wants to send oneil back and stay again, but oneil make him come back with them.

once they get back and daneil meets Hammond and he and cater tell him what they think the gates are he authorizes a rescue mission, after finding out the wound guy saw the address that Apophis and Teal'c dailed.

anyway before i write the whole episode,

oneil and his team including kawalsky, go through and get captured. at the place/ temple after finding hosts that a group of Goauld have gathered to merge the symbiotes with.

they take the blond guard first, strip her, don't remember if they show he r nude, but winf up killing her after being rejected. then Sha're is brought in, strip and they do show her nude and she is accepted. later so is Skaara.

it was all very dramatic, not like some of the episodes where the tried to do comedy.

also this the episode where Teal'c first defects.

one of my favorite lines in another episode after he defects, is when they have to go out into the world/earth to find something right after he defects and take him with them. he had been sitting around watching tv when he shows up carrying his staff weapon,

hammond : Teal'c i can't let you take your weapon with you.
Teal'c : i have seen your world, I will need it.

edit on 30-12-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join