It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did The Truth Stop Being Important

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Earlier today on a different website I made a post similar to the one below. That post on the other website had a lot more details and a link to a different post on that other site and asked members on that other site when they started being okay with accepting lies as truth. That post on the other site got moderated into a recycle bin and then deleted. Since I don't want that to happen on ATS , I'll ask the same question without breaking any of the RoC here.

Gee, that's weird. I remember reading a similar post on THIS web site earlier today from someone with an avatar extremely similar to the OP's. I predicted that thread would be axed, and indeed it was. So I'm having a little trouble telling just who is lying here.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Earlier today on a different website I made a post similar to the one below. That post on the other website had a lot more details and a link to a different post on that other site and asked members on that other site when they started being okay with accepting lies as truth. That post on the other site got moderated into a recycle bin and then deleted. Since I don't want that to happen on ATS , I'll ask the same question without breaking any of the RoC here.

Gee, that's weird. I remember reading a similar post on THIS web site earlier today from someone with an avatar extremely similar to the OP's. I predicted that thread would be axed, and indeed it was. So I'm having a little trouble telling just who is lying here.

I know right? I saw that post and thought the same thing but since I am hoping to actually get info from the fine posters here I made sure not to break the RoC on ATS.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well at least we don't need to speculate as to whom reported that thread to be deep-sixed...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I know right? I saw that post and thought the same thing but since I am hoping to actually get info from the fine posters here I made sure not to break the RoC on ATS.

Do us all a favor then and explain to us what opethPA approved truth is because I don't usually tend to lie when I'm being serious about something (not lying when I'm not being serious about something either, but as I'm being tongue in cheek and joking ... well, only an idiot would think I meant to advise someone to inject bleach and be taken seriously) and it's odd how often of late you have accused me of doing just that ... oh, not in so many words, but since I don't and didn't automatically buy into a certain view of the world, I had to be believing in a lie and therefore was repeating and speaking lies.

It's very easy to do apparently if I and others don't think the way you want us to and don't follow the same media outlets.

Do we know what the real truth is? Have you done anything to prove it? I'd say no, no more than I can prove the existence of God beyond my own faith.
edit on 29-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

It is, but so is the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. What have we learned from the left this past four years? How do they expect to be treated by their own actions?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The people have always wanted lies over truth.

Remember the story in the bible about Jesus' execution and Barabas? Jesus is a metaphor for the truth in this symbolic story.

The people had the choice to pardon Jesus or Barabas. Barabas was a thief and murderer. The people shouted give us Barabas, sending Truth to be executed.

Humanity will always prefer to be lied to.

It's easier to fool someone than convince them they've been fooled. - Mark Twain

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: opethPA

Any examples of what you perceive as 'truth', and what you perceive as 'lies' ?

Can you serve us up an undeniable 'truth', that none could dispute was a 'truth' ?

Can you serve us up an undeniable 'lie', that none could dispute was a 'lie' ?

Exactly the kind of response I was looking for, thanks for not just going directly to "You arent a MAGA, so you are wrong" or "you aren't a far left leaning liberal ,so you are wrong"

An example of a lie stated as truth would be this hypothetical scenario:

1. The other day Joe Biden gave these video comments

2. When I watched the video I went to a different CT forum and started a thread with this title "Tyrant Elect says to use FLux Capacitors to beat Covid"

3. When people on that other forum asked where in the video he said it I explained to them "he said FEMA capacity but that sounds like flux capacitor to me so it's true" Even though in the video it is clear what he says.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The truth stopped being important when the end justifies the means.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes Yes and here we have a great example why the right isn't an inch better. Revenge, pay back, suddenly all Cristian values fly out of the window,
We willfully misinterpret philosophical thoughts as justification for our hypocrisy.

great job

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Do us all a favor then and explain to us what opethPA approved truth is because I don't usually tend to lie when I'm being serious about something (not lying when I'm not being serious about something either, but as I'm being tongue in cheek and joking ... well, only an idiot would think I meant to advise someone to inject bleach and be taken seriously) and it's odd how often of late you have accused me of doing just that ... oh, not in so many words, but since I don't and didn't automatically buy into a certain view of the world, I had to be believing in a lie and therefore was repeating and speaking lies.

It's very easy to do apparently if I and others don't think the way you want us to and don't follow the same media outlets.

Do we know what the real truth is? Have you done anything to prove it? I'd say no, no more than I can prove the existence of God beyond my own faith.

Sure, see the hypothetical scenario I gave in response to the other person.
That isn't an OpethPA approved truth but rather a pretty cut and dried case of fact vs fantasy.

Im also not sure if you meant that "accused of you doing just that" towards me as it's against the RoC on ATS to call out posters so I would never do that. Just because we disagree is not the same as accusing you of something. If I post a thread that says "the leader of the rebellion says the sky is green" , you investigate and find that the leader of the rebellion actually said " that guy is mean" I hope you call me out on it because that is what ATS needs more of. Accuracy and neutral facts not echo chambers aimed towards a specific extreme of either political party.

edit on 29-12-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Am only seeing messing with politicians to make them look silly, which is fine with me.

Are we missing something else ?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Yes Yes and here we have a great example why the right isn't an inch better. Revenge, pay back, suddenly all Cristian values fly out of the window,
We willfully misinterpret philosophical thoughts as justification for our hypocrisy.

great job

Why should we? The left cannot be trusted, not anymore. I've watched them for years long before Obama or Bush. It used to be that this was confined to a few months of wrangling.

But then after the left won with Obama for 8 years, they weren't even happy then and never stopped with their behavior the whole time. So what's the point? They've made it abundantly clear there is no reason to try unless you become them.

I'm not interested in being left. Their values are not mine and it's become very clear leftists are not happy people in general, ever, about anything. Whatever happens, even when it's what they say they want ... it's NEVER enough. And when things don't go the way they want, it's always someone else's fault too.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LABTECH767

It is, but so is the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. What have we learned from the left this past four years? How do they expect to be treated by their own actions?

The real truth is that both the LEFT and the RIGHT are led by men whom are expert and time served at lying to other's, we all have lied and many do as a means to survival out of fear that revealing the truth reveals our strength and our weakness so it is only human nature to try to hide those as a means of self defence unless we are extremely strong and confident.

It is actually evil that drives the necessity to lie, the need to hide from it to appear stronger, faster or more intelligent than we are that gives us cause to make such decisions or indeed to lie as is part and parcel of the nature of corporate ascension in the work place.

In the UK as you and I know those that lie the most are often what we call gossip's, but don't we all gossip, are not rumours just another form of accusation and lie and yet they are so woven into human society that they are unavoidable.

The best answer therefore is the time honoured saying BUYER BEWARE?.

The Lest said the best mended - but of course who of us ever takes the advice of our elders until it is too late, wisdom as the good book say's is great sorrow, you learn by your mistakes but sometimes we don't learn the right lesson and not all are wise.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

And?
I mean did you live under the impression in real life there's ever an end?
It ends when you die and then it only ends for you.
Life, politics, society in general never end.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

When did truth stop being important?

It hasn't.

It got down voted and replaced with Pride.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
How can you be conditioned to believe lies, or truths?

How can you tell if truth is a lie if the liar is truthing?

What if the truth telling liar tells the truth, but lies about it and then lies about telling the truth?

a reply to: rickymouse

Easy

Wizard's First Rule- Terry Goodkind

"Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid." Richard and Kahlan frowned even more. "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool." "Because of Wizards First Rule, the old wizards created Confessors, and Seekers, as a means of helping find the truth, when the truth is important enough. Darken Rahl knows the Wizard's Rules. He is using the first one. People need an enemy to feel a sense of purpose. It's easy to lead people when they have a sense of purpose. Sense of purpose is more important by far than the truth. In fact, truth has no bearing in this. Darken Rahl is providing them with an enemy, other than himself, a sense of purpose. People are stupid; they want to believe, so they do." — Chapter 36, p.560, U.S. paperback edition

Wizard's First Rule

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I think you're painting with a push broom.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
As it was in the beginning, is now and for ever shall be, world without end, Amen. a reply to: opethPA

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

And?
I mean did you live under the impression in real life there's ever an end?
It ends when you die and then it only ends for you.
Life, politics, society in general never end.

Then why are you chiding me? Remove the plank from your own eye and all that.

It seems to me that I see crying from people expected that they'd win an election and things would be all peachy keen fine or something.

You know what? I expected that when Obama won the election, things would be peachy keen fine, but the left didn't stop and didn't relent and kept on pushing. So the left got Trump, and I didn't expect them to really stop, but they exceeded every depth I thought they would stoop to in the past four years, and now they act like that all through 8 years of Obama and then 4 years of Trump, and now they cheat to get what they want, and they expect to get their way without acknowledging they've basically called us every nasty name and them some under the sun for 12 years now?

I don't think so.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

You forgot "I was just tucking my shirt in"!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join