It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter To My Congresman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: CharlesT

a reply to: Gryphon66
You are definitely the average run of the mill opposition around here.

LOL ... at least I understand what a paragraph is.

Har.

Yow could you? You never write more than a sentence or 2.

I'm brief in discussions that aren't interesting or worth much time, I guess.

Usually, I do go on. Takes time to present all the facts.

Are you trying to tell me you are trolling me?

You?

Nah. Frankly, you're just boring. No offense. I do like your Congressman though. Solid Republican fellow.

I thought so.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Gnawledge

So, accepting the electoral results and asking the nation to come together is cause for rebuke?

Because he "abandoned" Trump? If Trump had any legal standing to challenge this election whatsoever, he's already tried it all and failed. He lost, get over it. Like your Congressman rightly did.

John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson. That's just a few. Can you name any?
Do you seriously think for one moment that "the nation is going to come together" under a Biden/Harris administration?

No, I don't. Trump divided this nation possibly beyond repair. But a hope for unity you consider a bad thing?

I think maybe you need to rethink your idea of civic duty, not I.

Trump didn’t divide this nation, you America hating Leftists did.
No wonder we have a toilet paper shortage, you guys have been so butthurt the last 4 years, your A-holes are the size of the Holland tunnel.
Your boy Biden will fix things though eh?
Delusions as usual.

Trump supporters are advocating for the overthrow of our Republic.

So did the Founders, if it needed to be.

Really?

Quote one.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: CharlesT

I don't get it. Didn't Arkansas go to Trump and the Republicans? Westerman signed onto the SCOTUS Texas law suit, which got tossed. What more could your guy do?

That's what I thought...he was one of the 126 ???

It seems to me that Westerman acted for something he believed in, (thanks to the piece of Trash called Trump, who really doesn't give a feck about anybody but himself) and the 126 lost.
Now we have an OP from a keyboard Ninja, talking in tongues....to himself. Bless!

So, in short, Representative Westerman stood up for the Constitution and opposed those trying to steal the election for Trump?

Good man. Seems to be offending the right folks.

Well, retrospect won't come easy in misconceived belief...that being a congressman sticking up for a sleeked President's ranting....that should not be a congressman's job, their job is to work for, 'The People'.....all their people.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You just can't wait for an ATSer to make the news again.

Well funny enough AM's remark about the Donald holding onto the White House Drapes yesterday, was just repeated by David Gergen on CNN a short while ago...except Gergen used curtains instead of drapes...

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Gergen IS Augustus!

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Would you classify Mr. Trump as your dear leader?

Just curious.

No , just a Representative and Upholder of My Freedoms that were Bequiffed to me by the Founders of a Democratic Republic when I was Born a U.S. Citizen . I would Fight and Die for that Precious Gift , Would YOU > ? .Hmm......

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Just curious.

No , just a Representative and Upholder of My Freedoms that were Bequiffed to me by the Founders of a Democratic Republic when I was Born a U.S. Citizen . I would Fight and Die for that Precious Gift , Would YOU > ? .Hmm......

I am fighting for the Republic that Trump is desperately trying to dismantle. Thanks for your "answer."

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Just curious.

I am fighting for the Republic that Trump is desperately trying to dismantle. Thanks for your "answer."

Come on, what is he trying to "dismantle"? We've been over this before and you haven't answered the question. Ever.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Just curious.

Johnny Cash was bequiffed, so were Teddy Boys...I'm not so sure that any Bequiffing was a gift of any sort.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

So, accepting the electoral results and asking the nation to come together is cause for rebuke?

Because he "abandoned" Trump? If Trump had any legal standing to challenge this election whatsoever, he's already tried it all and failed. He lost, get over it. Like your Congressman rightly did.

Do you seriously think for one moment that "the nation is going to come together" under a Biden/Harris administration?

No, I don't. Trump divided this nation possibly beyond repair. But a hope for unity you consider a bad thing?

No wonder we have a toilet paper shortage, you guys have been so butthurt the last 4 years, your A-holes are the size of the Holland tunnel.
Delusions as usual.

Really?

Quote one.

Since you are a Constitutional scholar (and it seems a lawyer) on ATS now it is odd that you have never read the Declaration of independence.

Second paragraph...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That, whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

Seems you have also not read the Federalist papers , the Anti-Federalist papers, don't really understand American history and cannot Google the phrase "did the founders advocate for an overthrow of a tyrannical government".

Sounds about right for you.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Just curious.

So typing stuff on ATS you consider "fighting for your country?"

That explains so much about you to me.

Thank you for your honesty.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Delusions as usual.

Really?

Quote one.

Since you are a Constitutional scholar (and it seems a lawyer) on ATS now it is odd that you have never read the Declaration of independence.

Second paragraph...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That, whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

Seems you have also not read the Federalist papers , the Anti-Federalist papers, don't really understand American history and cannot Google the phrase "did the founders advocate for an overthrow of a tyrannical government".

All men are not created equal, that's both the problem, and perhaps someday the solution, and nothing to do with politics per se...there are so many arrogant people....

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Delusions as usual.

Really?

Quote one.

Second paragraph...

All men are not created equal, that's both the problem, and perhaps someday the solution, and nothing to do with politics per se...there are so many arrogant people....

So I just HAVE to ask....

Do you equate the "not equal" part with skin color?

Nationality?

Gender perhaps?

Sexuality?

Just wondering if you are racist, xenophobic, sexist or homophobic.

I'll wait for the answer...

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: CharlesT

I’m sure they’ll get right back to you.

Why don't you think they will? (Because of your arrogance is why)

I have sent a few letters to a senator and a couple reps and bashed them for their vile acts against America and they all responded. Every one of them.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I'll send it registered mail so he will have to sign for it.

Would sending it by courier be better?

I'm all about hand delivering correspondence of that magnitude and importance.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
You just can't wait for an ATSer to make the news again.

It'd do wonders for the traffic here, maybe boost the sale price.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

If you take that attitude you are just as guilty of negligence toward this nation as he is.

Nonsense. It's just overtly narcissistic behavior. Have you ever "written to your congressman"? Tell, me what did you get back? Was it a well written thoughtful response, or was it written by a robot? Was it even written on the same topic you wrote about? And what if you were overtly hostile and angry? Do you seriously think a congressman is going to listen to your wild rambling rant? Oh, and an "open letter," as well. Good Lord! What a complete waste of time for all of us.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Delusions as usual.

Really?

Quote one.

Second paragraph...

Did I claim to be a Constitutional scholar? Nope. A lawyer? Nope.

Another post, another fallacious argument from you.

I am glad that you have seemingly learned the difference between the Constitution and the Declaration though. That's great.

A small step, but still a step.

edit on 23-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You sure will!

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You sure will!

What's the phrase all the cool kids are using?

"Tick tock."

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join