It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Publishes Cringe Guide For ‘Talking To Conspiracy Theorist Relatives’ At Christmas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I found this to be too funny. Should've put it in the Joke forum ... but, this is so much better.

Link The British Broadcasting Corporation, the bastion of all that is proper and right, has published a handy Christmas guide for how to talk down to relatives who believe in nasty ‘conspiracy theories’, and it’s a huge sack full of cringe.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson effectively cancelled Christmas for a third of the UK, and is now threatening to lockdown the entire country on Boxing Day.

That is not enough for the woke state broadcaster, however, which clearly feels it needs to instruct Brit NPCs on how to debunk the dangerous disinformation being spread by their unmutual uncles and disharmonious descendants.

Sometimes I'm really frustrated with the way the words "Conspiracy Theory" really mean, "Shut up. Don't talk about that subject." Perfect method of stifling Free Speech if you ask me. Ought'a be a consequence for stifling free speech, if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

edit on 23/12/20 by Astyanax because: when you lie down with dogs, etc.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Anything that goes outside of the gatekeepers oration will not be tolerated, you should stop spreading conspiracy theories now.

These people didn't......
Defend an illegal war?
Defend a Pedophile for years and made him a guest of honor, Saville?
Defend Rolph Harris?
Require people to pay a licence regardless of their poverty level.
Have enforcement officers visit the elderlies homes to 'check their aerials'?
Start a war between the sexes over a none existent pay gap?
Promote BLM and Antifa?
Shame Diana?

Man, I trust these people to tell me how to think and what to say, I trust them so much I'm willing to take their advice and # every contrary opinion out as a 'conspiracy theory, no one ever said that that the term was invented TO STIFLE opposition.........

Man, why can't you all just agree with every major corporation; the government; think tanks; private money interests and banks? It makes you a free thinking rebel, ask BLM, they're endorsed by the slave trade defending Nike....... Swooooooooooooshhhhhhhh

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yea the word "conspiracy" is a dog whistle for crazy.

If i sense a convo is needed about who I am I just say about all the theories that have turned or to be true or cannot be proven either way.

I like reading people's stories because some are so outlandish but...make for a good read and a laugh at times.

Once again it's people putting up a wall to something they don't understand.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

It's easier to just ban BBC watchers from the house. They can all go and Borg together.

I don't want their filthy muck in my home.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

The fact that the establishment is absolutely mortified that we might discuss something OTHER than their authours approved opinions is truly frightening.

Group thinkers always eschew conspiracies as they require self discipline and singular thought. Most people hate thinking for themselves and their world is 1000% easier for it, I hate knowing some of the stuff I know, but you can never unlearn it.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
it's good to know they care.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

“A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude.”

Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
"Shut up. Don't talk about that subject."

If someone interrupted my 90th or so viewing of either Christmas Story or Bad Santa on Christmas with their crap I'd tell the STFU too. No one wants to hear you, no one.

Except maybe that ficus in the other room, go bother that thing with your nonsense.

edit on 23-12-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I found this to be too funny. Should've put it in the Joke forum ... but, this is so much better.

Link The British Broadcasting Corporation, the bastion of all that is proper and right, has published a handy Christmas guide for how to talk down to relatives who believe in nasty ‘conspiracy theories’, and it’s a huge sack full of cringe.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson effectively cancelled Christmas for a third of the UK, and is now threatening to lockdown the entire country on Boxing Day.

That is not enough for the woke state broadcaster, however, which clearly feels it needs to instruct Brit NPCs on how to debunk the dangerous disinformation being spread by their unmutual uncles and disharmonious descendants.

Sometimes I'm really frustrated with the way the words "Conspiracy Theory" really mean, "Shut up. Don't talk about that subject." Perfect method of stifling Free Speech if you ask me. Ought'a be a consequence for stifling free speech, if you ask me.
They don’t want us to think or question and they want the masses to shun those of us who do. It’s a simple but effective tactic.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It’s good old Aunty at her best.

To be fair 2020 has ended in tiers, here in the U.K. If anyone starts with their crazy conspiracy theories, you can always use the restrictive rules that have been applied to the country. You can always use the, “Actually, are you in my bubble?” retort, or “I’ve just counted the guests and there are more than 6, sorry, time to go.” response.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Hmm interesting points are you sure your not trying to build your reputation?

Focus on those who are pushing these ideas, and what they might be getting,” says Claire Twaddle . “For instance, financial gain by selling health supplements, or reputational gain in building a following.”

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Shut up don't talk about that

I've noticed years ago a trend of naming movies and things so that it's hard to use a search term looking something up. It's hard to think of an example.

One example the other day I randomly looked up "urban decay". As it turns out Ulta beauty products has a line of makeup with the same name, so much that to use image search...all you saw were images of makeup products.

I've seen this blurring of topics online in this same way, before Trump and before Obama.

edit on 23-12-2020 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
On second thoughts, I feel I've been a little harsh.
It is the season of good will and we are talking family here.

£150 licence to come visit .

No talking!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Maybe ATS should publish a guide for speaking with indoctrinated, MSM programmed bots over the Christmas dinner table.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

It only costs £3000 to join my gold, monthly, Jones cul....... I mean study group!

The Galactic federation supports me, ask your local guru!

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Tried it, doesn’t work I’m afraid. Programmed bots can’t be reprogrammed with mere words.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Here's the BBC link:-
LinkyPoo

Love this bit.

Catherine from the Isle of Wight understands that better than most. The 38-year-old used to be a big believer in conspiracies about vaccines being used to deliberately harm people. She's since rejected such claims. "It is extremely important to remain calm at all times," she says. "Whoever you're talking to is often just as passionate as you are about your own beliefs and will defend them to the grave." And also remember - medical experts say shouting increases the chance of spreading coronavirus. Yet another reason to keep things low-key.

edit on 23/12/2020 by UKWO1Phot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: surfer_soul

It only costs £3000 to join my gold, monthly, Jones cul....... I mean study group!

The Galactic federation supports me, ask your local guru!

I got a new tracksuit, some new sneakers and a pocket full of change.

Where we going......Dad?????

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

That's hilarious - does MI5 (err I mean BBC) not think people or governments conspire?

YouTube has recently 'age restricted' this video but it's still available and contains some excellent examples of true 'conspiracy theories'.

m.youtube.com...

Corbett also raises a few interesting points in the vid below and there's a relevant thread here dealing with '10 Inside Jobs That Governments Blamed On Enemies'.

Maybe someone should compile an opposite list for how best to inform gullible, ignorant people that sometimes conspiracy theories can turn out to be very real and do exist in objective reality.

Cheers.

<<   2  3 >>

join