It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Contradicts Pompeo Over Russia’s Role in Hack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Not sure where Trump got his intel, he doesn't seem to point to anything.

Hours after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told a conservative radio show host that “we can say pretty clearly that it was the Russians” behind the vast hack of the federal government and American industry, he was contradicted on Saturday by President Trump, who sought to muddy the intelligence findings by raising the possibility that China was responsible.

Source

Fair enough, we could speculate on the source I suppose, but when you offer nothing of substance behind those claims then it really brings it into question. Russia, like China and Iran, are American adversaries, that's a fact. Sticking by Pompeo won't put anything politically in question so I'm perplexed why he's avoiding blame on them? Strange times, but hey he's out in the month anyway.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Not sure where Trump got his intel, he doesn't seem to point to anything.

Hours after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told a conservative radio show host that “we can say pretty clearly that it was the Russians” behind the vast hack of the federal government and American industry, he was contradicted on Saturday by President Trump, who sought to muddy the intelligence findings by raising the possibility that China was responsible.

Source

Fair enough, we could speculate on the source I suppose, but when you offer nothing of substance behind those claims then it really brings it into question. Russia, like China and Iran, are American adversaries, that's a fact. Sticking by Pompeo won't put anything politically in question so I'm perplexed why he's avoiding blame on them? Strange times, but hey he's out in the month anyway.

Personally, I think it HAS to be the same 400 pound guy on a bed who hacked the DNC back in 2016.

I guess that means they haven’t caught that guy yet.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There is something strange about this hack.

Strange reactions all around.

I think it may have to do with the election in some way.

The hack may have been a black swan song.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It can't be both?

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
More than one "actor".

If your going to post tech stuff be aware things
move quickly in that world. Two day old stuff
from that rag the NYT is worthless.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What has Joe Biden said?

He gets security briefings.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Probably more like Israel+China>Russia>US
Someone needs to teach these boomers to code

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: ugh..phonesp

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think he's trying to bait the MSM into something. No idea what, but that sounds like something he would do.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

CHAOS for those who do not understand what is really happening.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
while I dont doubt that russia has played some part in the hack, the odds on favorite for having the capabilities and the desire is still china.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Trump just knows, OK.

Everyone else says it's the Ruskies.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Oh look, what is this?
www.reuters.com...

Meanwhile the U.S. media plays tiddlywinks.
TDS is a debilitating condition.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

China was mentioned a little while back, but the US government intel+ was that China was using social media propaganda fashion..possibly here at ATS, or anywhere, but not seen as any 'hard core' back door effort.

That makes Trump a chump..
since it negates China's 'part', rather than enhance it, as Trump would have you believe, (for obvious reasons)

In edit, you will note the latest from Trump, (after a final acknowledgement of Russian hacking) is to now downplay just what the Russians are doing.
edit on 20-12-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Not hard to figure out. China is the boogeyman Donald Trump and the GOP is trying to tie to Biden and Democrats in general, so that’s going to be the source of anything that happens, regardless if it’s true or not.

Everything is politics to him. The truth will always take a back seat to what he wants his followers to believe.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Strange alright, but mostly Trump...figuratively speaking, wearing his cue cards on his lapels.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Not hard to figure out. China Russia is the boogeyman Donald Trump and the GOP the left is trying to tie to Biden Trump and Democrats "Right Wingers" in general, so that’s going to be the source of anything that happens, regardless if it’s true or not.

Everything is politics to him. The truth will always take a back seat to what he wants his followers to believe.

Corrected your post based on precedent over the past 4 years.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Doesn't matter "who" because we know it was sponsored by the NWO/Democrat Alliance 🚨

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

The Hack was an attempt to cover their tracks as Solar Wind is used by Dominion for its security suite. The only reason why they were screaming about the government systems is that they are using the same thing for its basic security yet the military has its own hackers watching 24/7 ready to block and hit back.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Doesn't matter "who" because we know it was sponsored by the NWO/Democrat Alliance 🚨

China is paying for everything and is the main trigger man. They could give a dam who gets elected, as long as they have them in their pocket. It is Biden, Hillary and Obama who set up the money laundering scheme in Ukraine and China so of course Biden was able to say I am running for President and nobody else.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Russia isn't involved because Trump wants China to be involved.

It helps his Biden-narrative.

Everything is about Trump, remember. Forget the intelligence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join