It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Force airman demoted for skipping training to buy PlayStation 5

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
First Space Force Ninja Punch (NJP) is here for X-Mas

technically, if he plays halo it should count as simulator time

What a space cadet.

A US Space Force airman was demoted when he was half an hour late for a fitness lesson — because he had been busy trying to buy a new PlayStation 5 console, Task and Purpose reported.

Sometimes, in the heat of war a soldier must make heavy decisions.

How many space push ups you think this guy has to do now?

The military man was supposed to attend PT at 11 a.m. Dec. 1, but when his superior sent a reminder 30 minutes beforehand, he responded that he was headed back home from his shopping trip to Target — and his home was 35 minutes away from his training, according to a written reprimand posted on the popular Air Force amn/nco/snoc Facebook page.

To Infinity - AND BEYOND

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
PT is a mandatory appointment so shoulda got some kind of punishment. However, I HIGHLY doubt this was a first offense.

And stop mixing up army jargon with Air Force jargon. I makes you look......uninformed.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I can't think of one person I know, that was young and in the military, that has not done at least one stupid thing, while they were in.

I wasn't even that young, and I did enough stupid things that I could write a book.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I just want to know where in the hell he got an in stock PS5...

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

He hit up his contacts in the Galactic Federation.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm doubting this story. You can't just demote a person with a "letter of reprimand." It would take an "Article 15" non-judiciary punishment" to do that, which is a formal process and not at all immediate. Surely that would have been mentioned. At the very least we're not getting the full story here.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

And stop mixing up army jargon with Air Force jargon. I makes you look......uninformed.

SPACE FORCE JARGON

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That's awful late for PT and he still couldn't make it? lol

But yes that sweet extra money from BAH....goin to stupid #..like consoles, cards, collectibles...

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
is it an airman or a soldier?
or a cosmonaut?

a reply to: lakenheath24

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Such a lost opportunity with the rank name.

Could've gone for spaceman. Everyone wants to be a spaceman.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Space marine?

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Soldiers equal army. They aren't smart enough to be in the Air Force.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Soldiers equal army. They aren't smart enough to be in the Air Force.

I had a high enough GT score and asvaab to do damn near anything I wanted and I decided I wanted to be in the USMC Infantry as an 0311, where not only was I a rifleman I got advanced Comm training, Observer training for calling in arms and other things, specialized technical training in the repair and maintenance of heavy machine guns and other equipment etc etc. I don't know too many Airmen that would want to do my job. I think it is disingenuous to make it sound like one branch is smarter then another.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

To Infinity - AND BEYOND

Demotion in the Air Force/Space force is kind of a big deal compared to the Army...

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Relax Marine, we are just having a little inter-service rivalry fun here. Im sure you got plenty of Air Force jokes.

I especially like to hear about your foxhole stories....Ok...not those.

a reply to: Brotherman

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

he cant play halo on a PS5...its one of microsofts few exclusives

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Relax Marine, we are just having a little inter-service rivalry fun here. Im sure you got plenty of Air Force jokes.

I especially like to hear about your foxhole stories....Ok...not those.

a reply to: Brotherman

My Grenade sump was big enough for a half gallon of jack at all times I can tell you that much. Always figured if the enemy was close enough to chuck a grenade in there I am already in a bad way so the parapit was always made extra better for the micro terrain if I was able to get out in time

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

he cant play halo on a PS5...its one of microsofts few exclusives

I read that everyone in Space Force gets a PS5 day one, so was he just getting his general issue?

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I think it is disingenuous to make it sound like one branch is smarter then another.

After retiring from the Air Force I found myself imbedded with the marines at forward operating bases throughout Afghanistan...I would say on the average Air Force is smarter...lol

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Guess depends a lot on who you were with and why they were there. I joined when I was 17 and ended up with a good group and I learned an awful lot, then again I came with a set of skills everyone wanted too so I got to do alot of things others weren't able to do. Also helped my first team I was assigned with was highly diversified as far as infantry and other operations I was able to learn quite a bit as I was the youngest and my team had maturity and wisdom, I was 18 when I hit the FMF no one in my first team was younger then 25 and had multiple tours and experience. I was fortunate.

I served with some of the smartest and strongest people some of them were damn near world class athletes and scholars. I should be more like them. High respect and honor for my brothers in the air force, Worked with some of their controllers and trained with some PJ's in Virginia awesome people super great and professional. Shiny gears in the clock.
edit on 18-12-2020 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join