It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 year old ballerina performs final routine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I still can't get my computer to load that video correctly. I have to find out what is wrong. I have had this problem before and have never figured out why it occurs. Maybe I will try early in the morning, I suppose that a lot of people are on the internet at night around here and we have AT&T internet over the phone lines, maybe it is clogged up.

Are you still dialing up your internet!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Indeed. I am 10 years younger than she was, and I consider it a blessing if I can make it out of bed, and I am not joking.

I take nothing from her, she is indeed amazing.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: rickymouse
I still can't get my computer to load that video correctly. I have to find out what is wrong. I have had this problem before and have never figured out why it occurs. Maybe I will try early in the morning, I suppose that a lot of people are on the internet at night around here and we have AT&T internet over the phone lines, maybe it is clogged up.

Are you still dialing up your internet!!!!

No, gave up dial up internet back in the mid nineties, our first internet was one utilizing our comodore computer, but that had a long distance fee to access it back in eighty five, it was slow and cost us forty cents a minute for the long distance charge. A hundred bucks a month increase in our phone bill the one month shocked us into reality, that was a lot of money back in the mid eighties.

Our only option is AT&T phone internet, we can't even get U-verse here because we are too far from the main box and there are some overhead lines over a river which break the fiber optics efficiency. Hills full of iron ore and other minerals block the signal of over the air internet of where we live, so we can't even get that service. The compass spins in circles around here, so do some of the signals. So the only option is phone lines which is more expensive and doesn't have that great a speed. Boosting our speed results in less reliability....we tried it and it did not work out at all so we throttled it back to mid grade speed which is like ancient compared to what the daughters in town use.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I live in the woods. Cell coverage and internet coverage is an expensive never ending challenge.

Satellite is frustrating, super expensive, unreliable, and insecure. I won't even start in on cell phone service. Towers visible to the left of me and to the right of me, yet not one bar on my phone will you see.

So you are not alone in that boat.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: rickymouse

I live in the woods. Cell coverage and internet coverage is an expensive never ending challenge.

Satellite is frustrating, super expensive, unreliable, and insecure. I won't even start in on cell phone service. Towers visible to the left of me and to the right of me, yet not one bar on my phone will you see.

So you are not alone in that boat.

We do get a few cell providers that work out here, but for the most part, most of the towers don't work for cell phones at our house. We have a track phone and that works here but AT&T works like crap here, everyone over here has to go outside or next to the patio door to get enough signal when they come here. In the yard, there are scattered dead spots for other phones, it is actually nice, when the kids come over, they don't get any calls at the table to disturb conversations. So they put their phones on the cabinet near the patio door or hook up to our WIFI to do things.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I find that life is more about adding new activities, rather than perfecting old ones.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I find that life is more about adding new activities, rather than perfecting old ones.

By the time you reach 90/100+ years its a bit difficult (old body) to add new

activities You probably have few friends relatives left. Myself well known people

dying and reported in the news are all younger than me! I am the oldest of my

family (cousins) left. AND if you get dementia the only thing you have left in a

brain is the past and your memories.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join