It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 100

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The 100 ended a few months ago and it's one of my favorite shows so I thought I'd post this random tribute thread before ATS also ends. When The 100 first aired I was around the same age as the characters and as they grew I also grew along with them. I've always been a massive fan of the Fallout game franchise and anything related to an apocalyptic wasteland future, so this show had me hooked from the very first episode. I often see it consistently listed in the most popular Netflix shows so I know it's not just me who loves this show. May we meet again.

edit on 12/12/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Oh no...ho ho.....

~Clark

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Me watching the last ep of The 100 while drunk:

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I gave up after Season One.
Enjoyed the initial premise but when it became a futuristic Lord of the Files I pulled the plug.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

You missed some of the best seasons imo, watching the characters mature and become better people, have kids of their own, etc, is what made it great. Murphy in particular really changed compared to what he was like in the first season and became one of my favorite characters. Like a lot of shows the last season did get a bit hard to follow but it wrapped up pretty nicely.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Also, what I love about the song I embedded (from S3E13 of The 100) is how it's such a unique interpretation of the original song. I still remember watching the first ep when they first step onto Earth after growing up in a space station and Radioactive starts playing, and the characters are so happy to finally have freedom... then in S3E13 they have this re-imagining of Radioactive with a much more somber tone to match the current atmosphere of the show. Even in the context of this thread it works well, because we are entering a new age where sites like ATS are considered completely radioactive.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Solid show.

No thanks on the ending. Bellamy, really the actor that plays him Bob Morley, had some serious life issues going on this last season which is why he was not in it as much.

That being said his ending made no sense within the cannon of the show.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I think what they did with Bellamy in the last season was actually kind of genius. None of the other characters could have possibly imagined the burden on Bellamy's shoulder's without going through what he experienced. He tried to reject it every step of the way but it became very apparent to him that there was a path he must follow to ensure the end of all wars. It was obviously difficult for all his long-time friends to understand and they all considered him a traitor as a result, but I really don't think it was supposed to be that black and white. I'm not saying Bellamy was the good guy, but he also wasn't the evil traitor they thought he was. Honestly the ending did kind of annoy me but in a way it was exactly what it needed to be.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

one of my favorite shows

agreed.

Blow my mind when season 2 didn't end the series when they reached that new planet.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I gave up on it some time ago, same rehashed storyline in different seasons, IMO

edit on 14-12-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

I gave up after Season One.
Enjoyed the initial premise but when it became a futuristic Lord of the Files I pulled the plug.

Lol did the same

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   
To be fair it always kind of was lord of the flies with an apocalyptic setting. For me the last season did get fairly convoluted but they managed to pull it all together in the last few eps. The other seasons were all pretty good, some of the best seasons came later on imo. But it's the characters more than anything which made it a good show, it's hard to find shows where the characters all have good chemistry. That's why Firefly is so loved even to this day imo, you can't help but grow attached to the characters.
edit on 19/12/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join