It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tenet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
summary: meh

Sadly its a let down with the delivery of the plot and the acting so far.

just didn't click for me or hasn't. the plot had potential but then totally missed the mark and took the lazy way out and it became just another movie that has been done too many times.

The PC BS meter was actually very minimal and virtually non existent.

They tried to make it very dramatic and exciting with the background sounds but the lines , the plot, and the acting , just made it feel like it was all artificially forced to me and they missed the mark. it felt like I'm watching someone walking down the street but someone added a background soundtrack of very very very dramatic backdrop, lol.

Having said that , beggars can't be choosers and due to the lack of sci fi movies its much better than the other cr@p being put out there by hollyweird.

Maybe its just me or my expectations were to great, but so far its a letdown and meh at best .

Actually writing this while half way into the movie, so will see by the end.

John David Washington is great in ballers but not so great in this movie. Also Robert Pattinson should probably stick to teenage vampire movies. Although I don't think its all their fault the plot and lines likely set them to fail.

Its also more tired old drama plot than actual scifi , so that might be my lack of interest so far on it.

edit on 001231America/ChicagoMon, 07 Dec 2020 21:00:23 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

WARNING SPOILERS - TURN AWAY NOW IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW.

I actually liked the movie.

Some things like a battle going on simultaneously forward and backward in time were fun ideas.

But the science behind it was lackluster (i.e: where infinities should have occurred immediately, there was a slow build-up).

Also, the 'close action' scenes were a real stretch of credulity.

But, for an action movie, with a sci-fi theme, it was better than the usual space cowboy stuff.

edit on 7/12/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

But the science behind it was lackluster.

I guess I had higher expectations for it and thought it was going to be more deep into the science rather than just a typical actiondrama plot that has been done far too many times.

Its not horrible, but it was definitely a let down for me.

Some things like a battle going on simultaneously forward and backward in time were fun ideas.

Agreed it could have been interesting but to me their delivery felt kind of cheesy.

But, for an action movie, with a sci-fi theme, it was better than the usual space cowboy stuff.

Agreed but the bar is not very high and it felt meh at best.
edit on 571231America/ChicagoMon, 07 Dec 2020 20:57:35 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I thought it was fine.
Good action, an interesting enough plot.

Biggest issue I had with it was that it was too much like inception, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I saw it weeks ago at a theater. I left the theater vacillating between, "Maybe I need to see that again," and "What the hell did I just piss away two hours of my life with?"

I didn't go back, so I guess the latter of the two reactions won out.

I have a digital copy of The Andromeda Strain. If I need to get my sci-fi rocks off anytime soon, I reckon I'll do a bit of my own time traveling.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Finished it but really struggled to keep watching before the 3/4 mark. Around that time I came to the conclusion it wasn't going to get any better, but kept watching since I hate not finishing movies.

Unfortunately it didn't really get any better IMO. all in all it was disappointing but i think I had high expectations for it . I didn't care for any of it. The characters,cheesy lines (If I cant have you nobody can,lol), the plot,sci fi aspects, or the predictable ending were all lacking to capture your interest. It got to the point that I didn't even care if I finished the movie which is very unusual for me.

maybe I need to watch it backwards , lol

edit on 351231America/ChicagoMon, 07 Dec 2020 22:35:57 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I kinda agree, it was a bit like that.

If you want to see something almost as confusing (but in my opinion worth it in the end) should look at 2067.

You just have to ignore the fact some people cannot act outside of specific roles, preferably with the aid of a alcoholic beverage or 5, and it's not too bad.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I think it was a decent movie, but it could have done better in some aspects.

I’m hoping it gets better with another watch through.

It’s a really cool concept that I imagine was a headache to plan and film so I was understanding with some of the shortfalls.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I myself watched it the other day, it looked great, was not keen on the sound mix though and it was certainly hard to keep up with, i will certainly have to watch it again to have any chance of understanding it, I did realise the orange tag on someones back pack indicates he may be the same person though, other than that i was left a little underwhelmed.

Very high concept and cant be wacthed lightly

really appreciated learning about the sator square

top topics

join