It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 104-year-old World War II veteran from Alabama has survived Covid-19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The 104-year-old's birthday surprises continued throughout the week. On Saturday, McDonald shared on Facebook that family, friends, neighbors and others in the community participated in a drive-by parade to celebrate.

Wooten is seen in the videos sitting in a chair near an open window of the house waving as the cars passed by. McDonald said about 50 cars and neighbors participated.

"Besides beating COVID and being released from the hospital; today was another highlight of his week!" she posted on Facebook. "I speak for our whole family and friends when I say words can not describe the honor it is to know this man. To be his granddaughter is one of my biggest blessings in life."
A 104-year-old World War II veteran from Alabama has survived Covid-19

Nice to see a happy story. They are out there just hard to find.

It says that Pop-Pop served overseas in Paris building railroads and working on the rail-cars in the 1940's.

On the ride home from the hospital they pulled over to get a milkshake.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars
That is heartwarming.

+99% of those over age 70 survive the ChinaVirus.

Good to see that this American hero did also!

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

He's lucky man, a stiff breeze would have probably taken him out. I'm happy he lived, but i mean, this is honestly just another big reason to add to the list of reasons why everyone who's pushed for any covid # this year has a whole hell of a lot to answer for and reasons why absolutely none of this covid # should be happening and why forcing this economic, social, emotional and mental hardship on most of humanity is insane at best and horribly evil at worst.
edit on 6/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Lol it says he's a vet. Nowhere mentioned he's a hero or had any awards.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
He went through WW11, he was not going to let this little virus kill him. He was stubborn and he got through it.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: carewemust

He made it through WWII and a hospital stay for a cold, at the age of 104.

He's a hero in my book.

edit on 6-12-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Pretty sure most people considered "heroes" don't have any "awards" or legal certification proving they're heroes. Doesn't mean they can't be considered heroes.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
My tutu was a WWI vet. His grave is in Punchbowl. He made it to "only" 93.
I wish I had had more patience with his stories, but I was only a kid at the time.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
He might not have been a hero in the war, not very many were really. But he seems like a guy I'd like to know.

Married 75 years. Raised 2 kids. Stepped up to the plate when his family needed him when the depression hit. Served his country in it's time of need, and at 103 turning 104 kicked covid's pathetic ass.

Yeah, he's a hero. No freakin doubt about it.

madisonlivingmagazine.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

At the time, girls would make a box full of food and sell it for funds to help the school. He bought Jewell’s and his sister’s boxes.

“I ate with her family for about a week, and then we started dating,” Wooten said. “We got married in 1940 and were married 75 years. I remember people asking me what her mother’s name was. I didn’t know. Her dad told me he couldn’t believe I didn’t know her name. I said, ‘Well, I’m not marrying her.’”

It was in their home Dec. 7, 1941, that the Wootens heard about Japan’s attack on Pearl Harbor. They were the only family in the community with a radio. By this time, Wooten was employed at U.S. Steel in Birmingham.

Great link!

Thanks.

edit on 6-12-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Thank you, for bringing this man to our attention. I wish him many more years.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Whatever, however you may want to look up the definition of hero.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
His generation was probably the last to really have a solid foundation, fortitude, national pride, and values that are truly missed and sadly absent today.

To the smarty pants poster above who feels a need to split hairs over him being considered a hero, it's quite laughable that you can be that snide when this generation celebrates mental illness as an example of heroism.🤦🏾‍♂️

I'm glad this old guy pulled through.

⭐+🇺🇸

edit on 12/7/2020 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

Pretty sure most people considered "heroes" don't have any "awards" or legal certification proving they're heroes. Doesn't mean they can't be considered heroes.

Don't waste your breath.

This is the generation that gave Bruce Jenner a "world championship belt" for being mentally ill, and then transformed biological science into Baskin Robbins.

Don't sweat it.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

What an absolute legend.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Regardless of whether he was a vet or not, a chap of his age surviving COVID when many others of his age group do not..? Good on him, I say

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Navieko

Whatever, however you may want to look up the definition of hero.

Are you maybe thinking "superhero?" I can agree with that. He doesn't have telekinesis and he's not bulletproof, nor does he have laser eyes.

However, assuming you're not confusing "hero" with "superhero"...

he·ro

/ˈhirō/

noun

a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

A LOT of people are heroes - and in my book, most all WW2 veterans most certainly are.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Our Friends Mother 102 had a fall and was taken to the hospital, was diagnosed with COVID19 and came out well and fine also.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
People were happy to see 87 year old Senator Chuck Grassley recover quickly from the CoronaFlu too.

Well...most people. CNN was delighted when he contracted it, but silent when Grassley returned to work 8 days later.

Sidebar: The CDC says only 7 days of quarantine is needed now, vs 14 days last month...and prior.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Who's more heroic? That guy at 104 who survived the Rona or this foul-mouthed harpy?

She's an effin' teacher as she shouts repeatedly at people, and they're part of our frontline essential heroes too.

top topics

join