It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... The Thing About Faith

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
If we assume there is a God- & Satan-like synergy, a Yin Yang, a light side & the dark side, love/hate relationship with the next level of "management in regards to human experiences" on the consciousness side

isn't it kind of obvious that if you're "about to level up" the "riddles and opponents" you face get harder?
So to everybody who thinks their asses are save because they love xy-higher being so much - get your # together, you don't know what you challenge with that.
If there is a battle between good & evil and you want good to win, obviously evil will be more interested in you.
Number 1 rule: reflect, reflect and smile, if it's not good it's not who you should want to talk to.

edit on 5-12-2020 by Peeple because: classic beginner's mistake

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

No, that’s a bit silly and a little off

To suggest that you would have to show that doctors and teachers and sport instructors who are abusing children are then religious as well
Sex abuse is not just attributed to the Catholic church, it’s in other places in society

The Catholic Church suffer more with this plague because their leaders are forced into celibacy, just one factor

How do you explain non religious organisations that have harboured/encouraged/hidden these criminals
edit on 5-12-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Sorry but why is God fighting Satan again...didn't God create him/her?

Also, can God travel back in time?..

Don't mind me. 😎😎🤪

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

People are always starting out trying to be good. Humans are not "born evil".
If you'd want to be good, you'd be sincerely praying for their rescue.
Not giving lip service and silently condemning them.
It doesn't matter what name you asign to the other.
The only thing that matters is the intention. And it has to be pure.
So truth may win.
Justice always prevail.
For everything good that's left in the world.

And as a general rule: if you're talking to someone who's "above your paygrade" you don't demand, you don't bark commands and try not to be boring and constantly repeat everything!

Are you ready for judgement?

Wouldn't it maybe be smarter to first ask what or who is using which meme to screw us before we pray to be judged, killed, tortured....

Do you focus on pure joy?

...also excuse me but if you want the "other" to be your constant companion you don't have sex anymore. That just seems polite.

edit on 5-12-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I'm pretty sure those Yin Yang forces steer and don't create.
The maybe grow with the universe's complexity.
So increase in our time arrow' s direction and not decrease.
The Artist Formerly Known As God is himself getting stronger
And since for us there is no for sure way to tell which of the "other" is the good guy, at this moment we have to assume it's a zoo, we got to ask for "credentials", by which intentions adress has your call been placed?

Think of "God" as the totality of all consciousness information out there, not bound by time and spatial dimensions like we are.
So: probably
But why would it want to?

edit on 5-12-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Good vs evil as a kind of yin-yang opposition was the doctrine of Manichaeism and, for what it is worth, was officially rejected as heretical and mistaken by the Early Christian Church. Not being a Christian per se, this means little to me, but I suppose it's worth reflecting on.

The early-medieval Christian philosopher Augustine (actually a convert from Manichaeism) set forth what would become official dogma on the relationship of Good and Evil: He defined "evil" as "Distance from God." Since, the theory went, we were created with free will, it is up to us to decide whether to cleave closely to the supreme being, or to drift away from the "Godly path." The farther we drift, goes the dogma, the more immersed in evil and outer darkness we become. This is a choice we make by exercise of our free will.

Again, while I am not a Christian, I find the Augustinian mode a more nuanced and elegant response to the problem of Good vs. Evil than the Manichaeian "yin yang" view. For one, the older Manichaeian model raises questions like: "If Good and Evil are equal and opposite, Is the Supreme Being not all powerful?" "Are there two equal supreme beings, one good and one evil?" "Does the supreme being have both a good and an evil nature?" "Where did this fundamental duality come from anyway? Why are there two fundamental forces and not one?" And so on.

By situating evil as a result of our free will, Augustine allowed for an all-good, all-powerful Supreme Being who had endowed man with free will as part of being created "in His image." Evil becomes not a fundamentally split force from good, but an epiphenomenon of distance from the core of good...and one that is correctable by choosing to move closer to the Supreme Being.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
How am I supposed to reflect and smile with my mask on always?

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It's all a confrontation with the nature of things, even your own.

edit on 5-12-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

So God can travel back in time and create a prefect reality, constituting solely of perfection and nothing else, and he/she chooses not to?

Also, why does God need a gender? So he knows which toilet to use? God is just God isn't it? Not male nor female? Or is it unequivocally a male, with a wee wee and moobs and a beard? ( He must shave...magically, since it's a he)

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You have a lot of false preconceptions, or no imagination.
Think "...with godlike powers but different"
And not human.
Not bound by the electromagnetic force like we are.
It's not like we know, but it seems to be there are indicators there is something there.
Jumping to conclusions would be premature.

If I use one of the big memes as metaphor you always have to think like that but different.
Because we don't know.
Nobody knows

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Why would he need to travel back in time for that?

God doesn't need a gender.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
No time is required!
Reality (what is appearing) is perfect..... because there isn't anything else

It is only thoughts that say it should or could be different.

What is is.

There is nothing separate from what is occuring.......this is the one life, the truth, the way......there is no other way.
edit on 5-12-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
A bit off, as others said.

You sound angry. And rightfully so I think. This sh!t is impossible to understand.

As we are (I stress those three words), we don't know.

But we can know. Trust in God is just words. We have to live it. That's not easy.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Satan or Samael( ether means Poison/Venom of or Blind God) in it earlier hebrew origins.

If God is judge, the angels a jury, he is the executioner and is completely subservient only to he.
He basically a metaphor for Entropy, and why bad things happen, similar to how everything crashed in Jobs perfect life. A force of nature who isn't bond to concepts of good an evil, but only to Gods will, would be done ony by him.

Only later, did Satan become void or negation. Like a buddy of mine said regarding holding onto a part because he wanted to save the company some money an held on to it for year. Now of this is not proof that this Satans world, i wont know what is.

Literally next day or two, someone asked for that part...it was in the garbage by then.

edit on 5-12-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Not sure I understand your point or where you are going
My point is/ was clear.
It’s not just an issue in the church as your op strongly suggested
I will also happily disagree with your opinion that people ar born good, quite the contrary seems the evidence

Above my pay grade, what?
If someone is above my pay grade that means nothing to me, at all, ever. I don’t judge a person by the money they make, ever

And me condemning people, that was your entire post, your entire argument, condemning God, the church, anything related, then blame me

And yes, I agree finally, the only thing that matters is intention, even if it all goes wrong, good intention is a priority

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

I always thought Augustine inspired Calvinism, guess it’s time to dip my toes into Augustine
Interesting to hear your point, need to catch up

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

That's not what I am saying. My premise is just that if you engage with the Yin the Yang will notice.
The more you dedicate yourself the more challenging are you for what you didn't choose.
The question is universal for everybody trying to connect to the "other".
It's not all just prayers that go to that direction.

Fyi "above your paygrade" means in this case metaphorical to be "superior ", as in "could # you up and there's nothing you could do about it" ...something that can control everything. Including you.
Like a puppet.
Generally when people say that happened to them it's at a mass shooting or similiar.
I mean sure we want that which is so far above us to be benevolent but... I mean is it?
Is this the road we want to take? Is the world developing so great we want to keep doing this?

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
then okay
I disagree, you get love right, you get being pure (acting as you say from good intention) right and I think you become stronger and more capable
You start doing evil and you become immune to it

A person in a position of authority like a priest, always looks far worse when they undertake evil deeds than say a common criminal
Another issue is the hypocrisy

I believe in free will. We are most certainly not puppets, victims of culture, upbringing and society, Yes but not lacking free will

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

No you have free will.
But there are forces out there that can make you "dreamwalk".
Betrayal is bad we agree on that one.
If you expect someone works with your guy, but it's actually the other guy....awkward
right?

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

He convicts us. He's the prosecutor, and he knows us nearly as well as God does. It is his job and power to lead us astray in the world.

He would win us all except we may be forgiven through salvation and forgiveness, redemption.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join