It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where all the mentally ill folks at?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
hello everyone, as the title says where are all the mentally ill on ats? you may be wondering who am i to ask? well i am mentally ill, i have schizophrenia, having schizophrenia is not the easiest thing in the world to have, i hear voices, i feel things on my skin, i have sleep paralysis, i have hallucinations but i do not see people, atleast not yet.

so what about the fine people of ats? i cant be the only one to have mental problems.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

I'm perfectly fine. Nothing wrong here.

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I have been told that the first stage is denial...

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The third stage of mental illness is denial.

The seventh is not counting properly.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I could rattle a few names off but the Mods probably wouldn’t like it.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I feel for you. It’s a shame that being halfway in two separate realms is labeled schizophrenia.

Hone your supposed ailment. Don’t think of it as a mental illness. Just make sure the nasties aren’t following you around. This takes repetitive affirmations — constantly. You can find your power.
edit on 1-12-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ayo baby.
Everything groovy over here crazy cat

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You're on a conspiracy site. We're all "mentally ill" here. Just ask any "normal" person.

"I've been mad for f*****g years, absolutely years, been over the edge for yonks, been working me buns off for bands..."
"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is that you talking or me?

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Is that you talking or me?

Yes.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Dude? Seriously?

We're all a little nuts.

Everyone is.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Yes.

Who are you talking to?

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Yes.

Who are you talking to?

Kevin.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Be careful about madness.
A person goes mad slowly and doesn't know it.
so try to catch yourself before that happens and be aware of it.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's been a rough year for the mentally ill and that's no joke. I sincerely feel for the situation that covid and the knee jerk reaction to it has brought on even to the most sane folks. Prayers going out for those that are so alone with their own vices and conditions, All I can say is I encourage you to get the interaction you need with the outside world be it through phone or computer and make sure that vessel is a mostly positive one that will keep the sun shining on your grey.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's the one's that claim they are perfectly normal you have to watch out for?.

Seriously it is a horrible disability, hearing voices can turn to paranoia which is a nightmare to live with and make you think people are talking about you when they are not.

Seeing thing's can be terrifying.

And it is worse for those that love you, your mom who probably whish's she could take it away or even have your illness herself.

God bless and keep you and your loved one's safe, get well and stay on the medicine, remember this can be treated by balancing your brain chemistry and that is what the medication is trying to do.

It's hard but many have worked with similar conditions, I have and forced myself to ignore what came on me after head injury's and some idiot putting something hallucinogenic in my meal when I was not looking, I think I had what you may call a break down but I saw mist, shadow people and almost solid but transparent black shadow people that had tiny red eye's.

Wearing a religious icon when something black and shimmering jumped into me and it turned jet black with a soot like layer and all metal kept tarnishing on me for several years after that.

Had sleep paralysis and would feel like I was being suffocated and my head had something heavy and hot sitting on it which would make me fight to wake up and I would gasping for breath, had black soot hoof print's appear on my wall next to my head and up and over the ceiling probably mould or something though the pattern was repeating - I painted over it but neglected to use a stain blocker undercoat so the black hoof print's just came through the paint, had what many call out of body experiences, were they or were they simply delusions I don't know, head voices and got paranoid but fought through it.

Saw people dying THROUGH there eye's, particular scary and insanity inducing, it sent me riding around on my bicycle at all hours of the day and night for month's trying to find a house in which I had experiences some woman's last moment's thinking that maybe I was meant to save her, thank god I never came across a house the same as the one in the dream or who knows how that would have ended.

Forced myself to ignore it, you can not live in that world and this one you can only live in one world at one time, took job's below my qualifications and worked and worked and threw myself into my work to take my mind off it and keep myself occupied so that I could ignore it, no one knew how ill I was as I masked it.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
My wife thinks I'm a pervert. With a libido of a teen boy.
Does that count?

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink
It's been a rough year for the mentally ill and that's no joke. I sincerely feel for the situation that covid and the knee jerk reaction to it has brought on even to the most sane folks. Prayers going out for those that are so alone with their own vices and conditions, All I can say is I encourage you to get the interaction you need with the outside world be it through phone or computer and make sure that vessel is a mostly positive one that will keep the sun shining on your grey.

Here, here
Good advice buddy

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

For efficiency sake you should have asked if anyone here is NOT mentally ill...

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Yeah SURE.....I don't know one person that is not crazy about something. They have made mental illnesses that cover every single person in the world. But you are only officially crazy if you think you are not crazy at all. If you know you may possibly be crazy about something then you are not crazy. I don't make the rules, I only know how they interpret them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join