It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about rabbits.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Be careful of certain wild rabbits, during certain parts of the year they have some sort of disease. Also in the western states there’s a rabbit virus of some sort killing off the population.

www.sciencemag.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Except I have a good grasp of written English and don't write with an accent.

The only thing worst than a Scot is an educated one...

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: rickymouse

Rabbit is good but it is high protein low fat, so you need to have some fat or bread or even potatoes to go with it so you do not get protein poisoning.. When I grew up we would have rabbit stew, soup, or baked rabbit at least twice a year. Partridge makes really good soup too.

You can actually starve on wild rabbits. Not sure about home grown...what is wrong with chickens?

I've raised both. Chickens at least give you eggs. Chickens are much easier and less trouble. Chickens all the way baaby!

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Aye, dain a braw job auld yin. Dinnae worry aboot these bawbags.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

When i was a kid 4 plus decades ago my summer job was to kill as many rabbits as possible and heck was i good at it , then came the nasty bit of skinning and gutting them
after a week a horse stable would be nearly fill to the roof with well over a thousand rabbits and hell did they stink after being dead for so long .

Spew bucket at one side of me i could gut,skin and chop the head of a rabbit in 40+ seconds , some were sold to the butchers most went for dog food but young me could earn a mans wage ,coming from a family of game keepers and fishermen their is not much i have not killed and cut up , but if you asked me to do it today i would puke .

As one poster suggested earlier the rabbit glue idea for gilding/crafts would be very profitable as it is really expensive just check ebay 500 grams starts at 12 quid some brands are double that .

signed a Pict

top topics

<< 1   >>

join