It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about rabbits.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I keep ferrets. Through my ad, trying to find a Hob to take my 3 Jills out of season I sourced a steady supply of fresh rabbits. Now ferrets can handle rabbits whole but, as a medieval reenactor, I wanted to keep the pelts. I figure I can make some lucky rabbit feet to sell out of, well you know. And as a bit of a morbid kinda guy the skulls will come to use too.

But what else can I do with rabbit?

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Omg, you're a Scot.

Nevermind.
edit on 25112020 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Omg, you're a Scot.

Nevermind.

First of all, way off topic.

Second, you are a liar, check my location.

So umm....

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Um your location says eastern Scotland.

Anyways, you can eat the meat, the bone meal is pretty good in a garden after heating and grinding. Skins are good as you know, and if your close enough to the sea the guts make ok bait for certain sea life. Rabbits are a pretty good item to have.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Rabbit stew is good.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Was also gonna say good stew meat, but I am pretty sure the OP said the ferrets got dibs on the eaty parts.
edit on Wed, 25 Nov 2020 20:48:20 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You can eat them and as long as you eat the internal stuff they have good nutrition, you can also boil the pelts for three days and whats left at the bottom of the pot is collagen glue which you heat up and glue things together with, and when it cools down will never break apart.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You can Eat! Rabbit is great if you know how to cook it.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Breed them of course.

Lining for leather.

Soup stock

Meat for yourself or sale.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Oh yay, yes let's talk rabbits!!

My all time favourite subject. I raise a few breeds. Rex, satin, flemish giant, netherland dwarf and lionheads.

Normally I grind the meat but I keep mine until the pelts are good, so older much and less tender. I sometimes sell young culls as raw feed for snakes, cats, dogs etc. I used to show them until we had two years of rabbit virus, now human virus.

Had a ferret and fed it only cat food. It used to steal all our soap. Maybe it wasn't being mischievous but needed something else in it's diet. My bad. Didn't think of the rabbits except for my snake.

Would ferrets eat the rabbit if you skinned it first?

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't mess with one...

...not without a "Holy Hand Grenade", and a copy of "The Book of Armaments"...

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I wouldn't mess with one...

...not without a "Holy Hand Grenade", and a copy of "The Book of Armaments"...

When our rabbit club was still running, we all looked like cutters sitting around with shredded, bloody forearms and hands. Smart ones used kevlar sleeves.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I haven't had rabbit stew or soup in many years. I had baked rabbit about two years at a wild game feed, there was also some sort of meat dish with rabbit in a tomato sauce with a little hot to it.

Rabbit is good but it is high protein low fat, so you need to have some fat or bread or even potatoes to go with it so you do not get protein poisoning.. When I grew up we would have rabbit stew, soup, or baked rabbit at least twice a year. Partridge makes really good soup too.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

So umm....

No you are a Scot...I can't understand when you talk and I can't understand your post...lol

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Rabbit is good but it is high protein low fat, so you need to have some fat or bread or even potatoes to go with it so you do not get protein poisoning.. When I grew up we would have rabbit stew, soup, or baked rabbit at least twice a year. Partridge makes really good soup too.

You can actually starve on wild rabbits. Not sure about home grown...what is wrong with chickens?

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Chicken has more fat in it than beef if you pull off all the fat chunks that are visible.....over fifty percent of lean chicken meat is made of fat. Can't get protein poisoning from that. I have no clue whether tame rabbits have enough fat in them to survive off of just rabbit.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Ahhh wabbit..
Not sure what’s more fun .. cooking them or hunting them..
Loved rabbit hunting as a kid, when you catch them by the hind legs and.. well. I digress.

Rabbit in a chilli-chocolate stew! Yum yum.
Once had rabbit livers seared in red wine on a bed of custard risotto, really really good!

I miss the little buggers, suppose it’s time to go a hunting

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Um your location says eastern Scotland.

Yeah the first comment was political, insinuating that I voted for the guy that they didn't vote for.

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Anyways, you can eat the meat, the bone meal is pretty good in a garden after heating and grinding. Skins are good as you know, and if your close enough to the sea the guts make ok bait for certain sea life. Rabbits are a pretty good item to have.

I love rabbit meat, in fact it's rabbit stew for tea tonight.

I just want to waste as little as possible

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: djz3ro

So umm....

No you are a Scot...I can't understand when you talk and I can't understand your post...lol

Except I have a good grasp of written English and don't write with an accent.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Good stuff but all things in moderation...

How To Starve To Death While Stuffing Yourself With Rabbit Meat
While some people can’t fathom eating a cute, fuzzy little rabbit, the reality is that they are a good source of food. With their renown for breeding and their widespread habitat range, they are an effective source of nutrition. However, one must be careful when eating rabbit, as eating nothing but rabbit can actually kill you. It’s called rabbit starvation, and it’s one of the more paradoxical things out there.

knowledgenuts.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join