It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, Asians! In a Washington School District - You're White

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This sort of thing is not new. It's taking place in New York with their exclusive academic high schools too. The complaint is that not enough disadvantage and underprivileged students are in them. The thing is that those high schools are by academic testing. You pass the test; you get in. The materials to study for the test are freely available. Any aspiring student can pick up the manuals and prepare for the test.

The method for admission by test is and has been called racist and yet the preponderance of students in those schools are Asian, not white. And most of those Asians qualify for financial assistance, so they are not wealthy. They get free and reduced lunches, things like that.

The main difference between those kids and the black and Latino students is that the Asians take advantage of the prep materials and study to get in.

But, you know, having so many Asians is "racist" because too many whites.

It is a cultural issue...

The reason we know it is cultural because we know Nigerians and other West African immigrants (along with blacks from Carribean) do extremely well academically. If I am not mistaken, Nigerians are the most educated immigrant group.

The problem is how do we get the black community to see the opportunity and understand how the game is played? Kids in the hood spend an inordinate amount of time focused on sports and entertainment, but why not academics? It is like they've never been shown that is a ticket to success.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I know it is. I've seen it firsthand teaching in an inner city school. There is a disdain for the idea of academics that's pretty well ingrained by the time they hit junior high. There was one kid I had, smart guy, who said they were trying to get him to test in to the college prep school (fairly prestigious), but he wasn't going to. I asked him why, and he said because his friends would all make fun of him if he did.

I kept wondering why his parents weren't riding him to do it. Mine would have been all over me, but then again, I would have jumped at the opportunity without needing to be pushed.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is a funny turn of events. If Asians are now classified as white, then that means all those Chinese that were enslaved to make the railroads are now white. Ha Ha Ha, take that social justice warriors. Now even though they continue to discount the Irish as being enslaved, now they are going to now explain away how the Chinese out numbered African born slaves. So once again more Whites were enslaved then Blacks.

Will those social justice warriors try and now fight for white to get reparations?

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This reminds me of something remember seeing a few months ago a comparison of average incomes by race of immigrant where African-American immigrants were classed separately than immigrants from a bunch of non-poor African countries(even being African American depends on which African country you're from.) So while South African Americans, Ghanaian African Americans and a bunch of other countries actually tended to have higher incomes, those people are not actually classed as African Americans which conveniently fell down near the bottom.
edit on 16/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Edumakated

I know it is. I've seen it firsthand teaching in an inner city school. There is a disdain for the idea of academics that's pretty well ingrained by the time they hit junior high. There was one kid I had, smart guy, who said they were trying to get him to test in to the college prep school (fairly prestigious), but he wasn't going to. I asked him why, and he said because his friends would all make fun of him if he did.

I kept wondering why his parents weren't riding him to do it. Mine would have been all over me, but then again, I would have jumped at the opportunity without needing to be pushed.

I experienced it growing up. You are picked on and accused of "acting white" if you take academics seriously.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Technically, most middle eastern and Asian people are actually white folks.

I suppose calling someone a folk is taboo now since they say it down in the south a lot.

We say a lot of things in the south but I fail to see why it's taboo.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

This reminds me of something remember seeing a few months ago a comparison of average incomes by race of immigrant where African-American immigrants were classed separately than immigrants from a bunch of non-poor African countries(even being African American depends on which African country you're from.) So while South African Americans, Ghanaian African Americans and a bunch of other countries actually tended to have higher incomes, those people are not actually classed as African Americans which conveniently fell down near the bottom.

A year or two ago, there was a big issue at Yale in regards to admissions. Many of the "black" students that get admitted to the Ivies are actually west african immigrants. The american born blacks were upset over it.

I saw this in graduate school. Of the 20 or so blacks in my graduating class, probably half were immigrants.

Black immigrants tend to follow Indians and Asians culturally, whereas American born blacks do not. They take that Tiger Mom approach... you can be a Doctor, Lawyer, or Nobody.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Three lines, white, Asian and coloured, I bet white are now at the bottom

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
They have to do this, if you include Asians in the minority category then they boost the metrics for minorities.

The left can’t have this, the narrative for them is always “white people doing better at everything, therefore white people bad”

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

I suppose calling someone a folk is taboo now since they say it down in the south a lot.

We say a lot of things in the south but I fail to see why it's taboo.

I think the implication was that “folk” from the South are being ostracised because they are from the south
That anything a southerner does is wrong because they are from the South

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I remember back in the 80s in CA they were not seen as a minority and got zero minority status.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

There is only one race.

Let's stop classifying ourselves by the amount of skin pigment a person has.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I'd love to, but assuming the election results hold as they are, we put the Critical Race Theory crowd in office.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yes.

Something needs to be done about changing classifications.

I think we should be classified as American citizens and Non-citizens.

Or would that destroy the Democrat party?

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Whites became minority in the US.
Minorities are under opression.
Whites cannot be opressed.
Add some group to whites and *poooof* whites became majority once again.
It fits the narrative.
Blacks are the minority victims and whites are aggresors.

Easy, stupid thinking but it comes to my empty mind.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This idea is spreading. On another board somebody was arguing that the two races are the same. "caulk-Asians and Asians both have the word "Asians" in their name" was his "proof".

I guess nobody reads about the Mongols being considered literal inhuman demons from hell by 13th century Europeans...the painting of colonialism as the responsibility of the Whire race to "civilize" Asia in the early modern period...the US Asian exclusionary act, the internment camps for Japanese, the anti-intermarrage laws of the 1800s and early 1900s, the arguments that Asians were of "inferior racial stock" made to try to keep Asian countries out of the League of Nations after WWI...

And on the other side, WWII hyper-nationalist propaganda frequently used racist rhetoric against both whites and other races as well as supremacist tropes drawn from Shinto extremist "nativist" theories about Asians being "the only divine race on earth."

Nobody was calling the two races the same for most of history...

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Race only matters to racists. Having a victim race group and a victor? Race group is ignorance at its peak.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
the Asian chick in the video has a playboy shirt on lol .
The chick on the shirt is white thou lol .

I like most Asians good people easy to get along with and great doing Business with .
I dont think any one will have much success segregating them they just bring to much money into the system to be iggyed

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Seriously?

Apart from a few Greek throwbacks in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and the slavs in Russia, which ones are white? Sri Lankans? Nepalese? Vietnamese? Jordanians? Tibetans? Japanese?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join